enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Re: The Official Cricket Thread

oh you mean Mel McLaughlin?

yeah she used to host the A-League stuff on Fox
Yeah that chic.
Oh lord Steve Smith totally screwed up his chance in the super over :(
Can't wait for EngAus ODI on Sunday yaaayyyyy!!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Yeah that chic.
Oh lord Steve Smith totally screwed up his chance in the super over :(
Can't wait for EngAus ODI on Sunday yaaayyyyy!!
I'm going to go out on a limb here and posit that you're female, because how else can you describe Mel as "that chic"?!?!

Also one thing has been bugging me about the Big Bash - I watch it sometimes because it's on, and cricket is cricket and... I don't mind it - but do people feel affinity to the teams? Like, Sydney Thunder is supposedly my "local" team being at ANZ Stadium but... yeah.

Or do people not care about the teams and just watch for cricket's sake?

michaeljennings

HSC

I'm going to go out on a limb here and posit that you're female, because how else can you describe Mel as "that chic"?!?!

Also one thing has been bugging me about the Big Bash - I watch it sometimes because it's on, and cricket is cricket and... I don't mind it - but do people feel affinity to the teams? Like, Sydney Thunder is supposedly my "local" team being at ANZ Stadium but... yeah.

Yeah no affinity to any team, especially when thunder have lost their last 18, such a poorly managed team their list is woeful.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC

Uhh yeah dude you're right but what happens if I call her "that chic?"

Yeah that's right. No affinity whatsoever. I just watch it cause I love all cricket.
I reckon people just watch it for certain players:eg Lee, Muralidaran, Clarke, Steve Smith, N Coulter-Nile those nice fancy players you know.
Teams really are just there for the sake of it. It's just to earn a little extra money and entertain peeps

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Uhh yeah dude you're right but what happens if I call her "that chic?"
Nothing, usually the people that talk about her - who are male - go all fanboy and go "OMG OMG OMG". In my experience.

Yeah that's right. No affinity whatsoever. I just watch it cause I love all cricket.
I reckon people just watch it for certain players:eg Lee, Muralidaran, Clarke, Steve Smith, N Coulter-Nile those nice fancy players you know.
Teams really are just there for the sake of it. It's just to earn a little extra money and entertain peeps
That's what I figured about it.

Anyway, caught the replay of the whatever the match was last night...

got to watch the first ever super over in domestic australian cricket history

severely underwhelming.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
The Official Cricket Thread

Australia's bowling owns , but their batting sucks..... Most of the team get <50 runs.....

We will get squashed by south Africa

timeflies

HSC
england must be distraught, mustve thought they'd won their first game in ages and then...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A

lol yea, cook was so depressed when talking to mark nicholas.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A

still can't believe england couldn't manage to defend the run chase.

crazy_paki123

HSC

Stokes is a shit bowler for bowling in the zone. Hats off too Jimmy Falkner tho.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

How should you bowl at the death of games anyway? I always thought that line and length deliveries, just outside the off-stump are usually the best bet. A good delivery there isn't wide enough to cut, or short enough to drive...

I guess the batsman could step back and cut, or step forward and maybe trickle it down leg side though. :detective:

I don't understand why others get fancy with bouncers which are probably going to be ramped-shot for 4 or 6 or yorkers which end up as wides are preferred...

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A

How should you bowl at the death of games anyway? I always thought that line and length deliveries, just outside the off-stump are usually the best bet. A good delivery there isn't wide enough to cut, or short enough to drive...

I guess the batsman could step back and cut, or step forward and maybe trickle it down leg side though. :detective:

I don't understand why others get fancy with bouncers which are probably going to be ramped-shot for 4 or 6 or yorkers which end up as wides are preferred...
desperation at end game for wickets, baiting for catches etc.

timeflies

HSC

yorkers in the feet or wider yorkers are really hard to hit! malinga is a boss at those types of deliveries.

crazy_paki123

HSC

^Bowling yorkers is very difficult and incredibly risky. If it goes alittle wrong it turns it to a full toss or halfvolley for the batsmen to dispatch. The reason Malinga makes it look easy is because of countless hours of practise bowling at the same one spot

crazy_paki123

HSC

yeah. I think pace is more appreciated these days too. Like the poms were scared of Mitchell Johnson bowling at 145-155 km/h. Imagine facing a Brett Lee(in his peak) or a Shoaib Akhtar lol

timeflies

HSC

Shoaib Akthar - Rawalpindi Express <3 His run up tho... He once said that he is just like a plane needs a good long runway to run up and gain heaps of speed before taking off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)