The Cricket Thread (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
Re: The Official Cricket Thread

it's still india, world cup winner with tendulkar/sehwag etc, so i s'pose they're still a bit wary instead of being overconfident.

although india is painfully embarassing to watch at this point
I know these guys are capable of miracles but say India rally and reply with 650 runs this innings, now they'd probably get it mid late on day five leaving Australia a little over a session on a fifth day scg pitch to get the remaining runs, extraordinarily all four results would be possible all of a sudden.If Clarke had declared forty five minutes after tea he would probably have seen Aus add another hundred thereabouts meaning India would probably take until about an hour before stumps day five with a lead of just 80 runs, really then all that would be possible is an aus win or a draw. Yes Australia will almost certainly win now anyway but the declaration didn't maximize winning potential or minimize losing potential and that's my criticism.

Vidhya

HSC

that's true, seeing as india getting even close to 650 before friday seems impossible. gambhir is doing ~okay~ atm though

ah shit dravid got out what is this fuckery

michaeljennings

HSC

Would I be right in saying that if Paine was fit right now he would definitely be picked for the next game over Haddin?

halapenyo

HSC

Would I be right in saying that if Paine was fit right now he would definitely be picked for the next game over Haddin?
hard to say. australia dont really have many options to replace brad haddin thats why he's still there. i was pissed off when he dropped that catch. would have been good to get gambhir and get the struggling laxman in.

michaeljennings

HSC

hard to say. australia dont really have many options to replace brad haddin thats why he's still there. i was pissed off when he dropped that catch. would have been good to get gambhir and get the struggling laxman in.
Yeah it was a strange one, I thought he had taken it comfortably until I saw someone running off after the ball..

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Why would he declare so early? Really if Australia can't bowl India out in two whole days they don't particularly deserve to win.
I thought it's because there's a chance of rain tomorrow. Shortened match time and all that.

halapenyo

HSC

Why would he declare so early? Really if Australia can't bowl India out in two whole days they don't particularly deserve to win.
he batted faultlessly for nearly two days on that pitch and made 329. so he must have realised it was a bloody good pitch for batting. he needed to make sure australia had enough time time on such a benign track to bowl them out.

Lentern

HSC

he batted faultlessly for nearly two days on that pitch and made 329. so he must have realised it was a bloody good pitch for batting. he needed to make sure australia had enough time time on such a benign track to bowl them out.
That invalidates nothing I've said. If Australia cannot bowl them out in two days they have little claim to deserving victory. If he doesn't have faith in the ability of his bowlers to take ten wickets in six sessions he needs to get some new bowlers urgently.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Haddin didn't come out to bat so... I dunno if he'll pick up his form though. Chances are, we'll never know now.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

What happened to that other wicketkeeper we tried for like one game... Manou, or something?

michaeljennings

HSC

What happened to that other wicketkeeper we tried for like one game... Manou, or something?
I think he retired from first class cricket? He's playing in the BBL but I heard other than that hes playing Grade cricket down in Melbourne

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Wikipedia confirms he retired. Oh I see.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

tomorrow's forecast is windy with showers. the overcast conditions should help australia.
Yeah, will help us if the umpires don't call play off.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Luke Ronchi was pretty good in 20 20 don't know what happened to him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)