The CULTURAL part of writing and cultural studies. (1 Viewer)

orchid_violet

HSC
I was thinking of this course but I am scared that the cultural bit will be like society and culture at school, which I did not like AT ALL. We learnt about stupid things like India and the Amish life, will it be like that? and I do not like ANYTHING to do with the media, and from what I have seen that is a topic. What are those 'cultural' subjects like?
Thankyou in advance, all your knowledge if you do it or know someone who does is really appreciated.

somechick

HSC
N/A
orchid_violet said:
I was thinking of this course but I am scared that the cultural bit will be like society and culture at school, which I did not like AT ALL. We learnt about stupid things like India and the Amish life, will it be like that? and I do not like ANYTHING to do with the media, and from what I have seen that is a topic. What are those 'cultural' subjects like?
Thankyou in advance, all your knowledge if you do it or know someone who does is really appreciated.
didnt you already have a thread for this?

i dont know what you did at school but there is three years worth of cultural studies in this course, hence the name.
contemporary cultures 1 is what you will be doing in first semester. In this subject, you study something different each week. its a good subject to open up your perspective to new and possibly more interesting things than your own life. Like you will learn about cultural studies as it is applied to society not the theory stuff like foucault etc. All you have to do in this subject is turn up and talk in class about the week's topic. They dont ask you to do much really.
if you want to know more, go to humanites uts web site and look up contemporary cultures in the subject bit

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
geez calm down
and india aint stupid - watch what you say dude it can be offensive you know

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
orchid_violet said:
I don't go to UTS - and thank Christ for that - but at our uni, "cultural" subjects range from history to philosophy and sociology.

And by the way, there is absolutely nothing wrong with media studies. I should know because I do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)