The Da Vinci Code...THE MOVIE (1 Viewer)

grendel

day dreamer
HSC
N/A
Blackalicious said:
:( they always ruin books by turning them into movies
the books are not ruined by the movies. the novels still stand on their own. if the movie is not as good as the book it will not lower my opinion of the book. i think you have to approach the movie with a fresh eye and accept that the movie makers and actors will exercise a fair degree of their own creativity in its production.

a good example is "the lord of the rings". in adapting the novel, changes have been made to the plot, characters and scenes ommitted but it has remained faithful to the spirit of the book and the movie is incredibly entertaining.

some of the characterisations were different from what i expected. having read L.O.T.R. five times (or is it six, i've lost count) i have a very solid image of the characters in the book. i found hugo weavings portrayal of elrond jarring but by the end of the third film had accepted it as another persons interpretation of the character.

for the da vinci code i think that there will have to be significant changes to the plot of thr film, after all it is a suspense novel and millions of people have read the book so if the movie is a word for word adaptation of the book then there is not going to be a whole lotta suspense for those people.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
jumb said:
Which part exactly?
u know, i don't want to spoil the book.

but you know the teacher's persona is supposed to be secret until he gets into the back of the car near the end.

But in a movie you will see the scenes where the teacher is talking to his underlings and recognise him straight away (for those who haave read the book, this would just spoil it). it would be lame if he had a mask on or something

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
gordo said:
But in a movie you will see the scenes where the teacher is talking to his underlings and recognise him straight away (for those who haave read the book, this would just spoil it). it would be lame if he had a mask on or something
No they wont. They will place him in a shadow and mask his voice, so that he is unrecognisable until the end.

**DeEjAY_EjAy**

The Jedi Pimp
HSC
oh yeh new update! "The winsome French actress Audrey Tautou of Amelie fame has been chosen as Tom Hanks' young helpmate in cracking The Da Vinci Code in the film adaptation of the best-selling book, the French newspaper Le Parisien has reported"... for more info go to http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=28905... speaking of which... i actually reckon harrison ford couldve gotten the role as brown described him as "harrison ford in a tweed" :p

**DeEjAY_EjAy**

The Jedi Pimp
HSC
jumb said:
No they wont. They will place him in a shadow and mask his voice, so that he is unrecognisable until the end.
i reckon thats wat theyll do! but who do u reckon will fit the best roles for:
Bezu Fache?
Silas?
Bishop Aringarosa?
Jacques Sauniere?
Lt. Collet?

oh and there is also an uproar on this group (NOAH: Nat'l Org for Albinism and Hyper Pigmentation) against casting Silas as an albino monk with red eyes... they dont want him portrayed as an evil albino monk as it will be insensitive for the community... which raises speculation if Silas will have red eyes(or not) or even be albino for that matter... now if the producers decided to do THAT... then that would be premise to not have stayed fiathful to the book alone :S

MouNtY

i saw the title for this thread and i almost had a heart attack..........but hmmm.......tom hanks as Langdon?.........probably not......and what's that about Silas not being an albino?........that's stupid. he has to be an albino........they're gonna wreck the story.....if this movie sux i'm gonna kill ron howard..but i'm really looking forward to watching it.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
**DeEjAY_EjAy** said:
Bezu Fache?
Silas?
Bishop Aringarosa?
Jacques Sauniere?
Lt. Collet?
Most of them will me chosen from the countries that the characters originated. Therefore, I would have no clue about any of them.

ishq

brown?
HSC
grendel said:
a good example is "the lord of the rings". in adapting the novel, changes have been made to the plot, characters and scenes ommitted but it has remained faithful to the spirit of the book and the movie is incredibly entertaining.

A bad example would be Harry Potter.

Or maybe everyone had really high expectations from that one. But, those expectations will rise again for Da Vinci Code. Lets hope Ron Howard can pull a Peter Jackson.

The good thing here would be that there will be no sequels/series involved - unless of course they plan to make Angels and Demons the second.

I pictured Harrison Ford. Tom Hanks is good enough.

vanbanned

Banned
HSC
N/A
.......Brown sold himself out with The Da Vinci Code. He even said it himself. The book was always going to be turned into a movie.

Also, I think Yahoo Serious would be pretty good for the role of Robert Langdon, that's if he hasn't died or has cancer yet.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
the bald albino guy that i saw in circus oz the other night would be perfect for silas

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
o cool. they're making a movie? saves me the trouble from reading the book then. :D :uhhuh:

**DeEjAY_EjAy**

The Jedi Pimp
HSC
ishq said:
The good thing here would be that there will be no sequels/series involved - unless of course they plan to make Angels and Demons the second.

Lets hope hollywood doesnt touch on a remake of demons and angels, and the upcoming brown book "solomon key"(where langdon investigates the freemasons)

ishq

brown?
HSC
**DeEjAY_EjAy** said:
Lets hope hollywood doesnt touch on a remake of demons and angels, and the upcoming brown book "solomon key"(where langdon investigates the freemasons)

i think they are going to ruin it.....DVC that is

em_516

bludging..
HSC
ooh yay! the chick that's playing sophie is audrey tautou (chick who plays amélie) :D

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
The Da Vinci Code Movie

Directed by Ron Howard

With the following cast:
Tom Hanks .... Robert Langdon
Audrey Tautou .... Sophie Neveu
Ian McKellen .... Sir Leigh Teabing
Alfred Molina .... Bishop Aringarosa
Jean Reno .... Bezu Fache
Paul Bettany .... Silas

Sir Ian McKellen as Sir Leigh Teabing, coincidently they have both been knighted. Wouldnt it be funny if Hugh Laurie played this role. I was watching the Television awards show on channel ten and he has a noticeable British accent but also on House he uses a walking stick.

Interesting selection. I dislike Jean Reno, hated his character in all the movies I've seen starring him, although he does suit the role as the french cop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)