The Da Vinci Code...THE MOVIE (1 Viewer)

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Not soo much on the grand scale as I had hoped....pretty much a let down.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
watched it with friends during their bday..

book> movie

all other books > book..

I found the book more solid than the movie.. even though i didnt particularly like the books.. (i read angel & demons and digital fortress.. they are all too similar)...

story didnt realli unravel.. it was a perpetual chase.. that made me sick of it a little after the 90th minute.. the characters were not developed tho not realli possible in a movie ..Silas is quite plain in the movie..

casting of Tom Hanks was stupid.. as was said.. Ian McKellar was decent..

i reckon see the fuss.. but rent... dun buy the DVD....avoid encouraging Dan Brown.. cos well i saw him on an interview.. i read his interviews too.. and frankly i think hes a few screws loose.. but judge for urself.. :)

kaylz

HSC
I want my money back. The book was better, and I HATED the book. Fortunately I was prepared for it to suck, but it exceeded all of my expectations.

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
my opinion:

BOOK > MOVIE

movie was alright but i feel reading the book was more interesting *shrugs*

! They shouldn't get Tom Hanks to be Robert Langdon ! -_-'

farout.. and media making a Big Deal out of the Movie.. even going to cinemas was PACKED geez..

s2indie

HSC
I only watched the movie out of pure curiousity, and it was worse than the book.
And I thought the book was bad in itself. Waste of 12 dollars. We got more enjoyment from looking at the lady's mole on the side of her neck.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
!! CaR`JiE !! said:
my opinion:

BOOK > MOVIE

movie was alright but i feel reading the book was more interesting *shrugs*

! They shouldn't get Tom Hanks to be Robert Langdon ! -_-'

farout.. and media making a Big Deal out of the Movie.. even going to cinemas was PACKED geez..
yeah that pissed me off as well. For fuck sake its a work of fiction for entertainment purposes, it's intension wasn't to make people take it as gospel truth and hence question and change their perception on their beliefs on Jesus and Christianity.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Everyone should get over how badly Tom Hanks portrays Langdon. Langdon is not a made-for-movie character, so anyone playing him is going to look like a one-dimensional dickhead.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
yeah, yeah ... i left the cinema dissapointed ... 6/10
McKellen was excellent though, he can act ...

Last edited:

Steph9

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
yeah that pissed me off as well. For fuck sake its a work of fiction for entertainment purposes, it's intension wasn't to make people take it as gospel truth and hence question and change their perception on their beliefs on Jesus and Christianity.
Funny you should say that coz the very first page in the book states that the whole thing is fact. Those who don't know or understand the Church's history or have some idea what the Bible actually says is likely to believe whatever Dan Brown says in his book. I thought the book was a good piece of fiction and quite enjoyable to read, but perhaps the movie could have been a bit better. I kept checking my watch throughout the whole thing, and the guy next me fell asleep.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
IT IS A PIECE of fiction. Ignore what the book says, it's pathetic.. IT'S FICTION OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, everyone agrees with this, no point stating it over and over again. The book was a whole lot better than the movie. Duh!

I agree, Tom Hanks was pretty crap - He didn't suit Robert Langdon, and everyone knew it- Audery Tatu in an interview said it! hehehehe.

Although, as much as the critics loved to bag it out, I didn't find the movie all that bad. Sure, I liked the book better- but I think the critics were looking for a whole lot more. It was an average movie, I'd give it an average rating, as for the critics laughing in the middle of the 'dramatic' sequences, that's just a little over the top no?

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
the book had such a big 'suspense' factor which made it a good read. But the movie seemed to lose that making the story less mystery-based and more chase-based.

I mean, add an extra 30 seconds to the film length and they could have entered the incorrect code in the bank and then decided to backspace it and write the unscrambled fibonnacci (sp?) sequence like in the book. little things like that could have encouraged a greater feeling of suspense.

I also felt the music failed them a bit.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
hmm watched it tonight and it isn't as bad as what everyone's been telling me :p

- a lot of the exciting, suspenseful parts in the books were waaay too rushed in the movie. though there were some parts that made me jump out of my skin, eg in the flashback scene of sophie's family's car crash, and when silas attacks langdon in teabing's house. i cracked up though, along with many members of the audience, when he told sophie to "drop the gun, woman" (or something like that - he said "woman", anyway)... it was meant to be serious though hahaha

- the last scenes where sophie meets her grandma were crap, though i am very glad sophie and langdon didn't get together. i didn't see the point of them changing the story and saying "saunier actually wasn't your grandfather", and leaving the brother out... especially since the guy in the church looked like he could have been her brother (and i was expecting it to follow the book)... and her grandmother's speech was stupid and didn't explain a thing. especially since she wasn't mentioned in the movie at all - they'd just said her parents and brother had died. very big WTF.

- tom hanks as langdon... i love pretty much all of his other roles, but he wasn't really suited for this part. though he wasn't as dodgy as people'd been telling me. audrey tautou was alright as sophie, ian mckellen was the highlight of the film, even though i first imagined teabing to be chubby and a little pompous... and paul bettany was pretty damn good and creepy as silas.

- oh yeah, and i loved the techniques they used with the flashbacks.

kb1509

NO COMPROMISE
HSC
The_highwayman said:
the book had such a big 'suspense' factor which made it a good read. But the movie seemed to lose that making the story less mystery-based and more chase-based.

I mean, add an extra 30 seconds to the film length and they could have entered the incorrect code in the bank and then decided to backspace it and write the unscrambled fibonnacci (sp?) sequence like in the book. little things like that could have encouraged a greater feeling of suspense.

I also felt the music failed them a bit.
yeahh. i completely agree..
books create a climax.. especially this one..
books are awesome !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)