The Da Vinci Code (1 Viewer)

Sasky

HSC
Sasky said:
They're having a documentary on channel 7 on Wednesday on the truth behind the "Da Vinci"

Looks interesting. I'm definetly watching it.

Check it out people.

ha ha. I'm quoting myself.

That doco sucked.

HSC
Vampire said:
There's so much hype around this book - I'm pretty sure it's a bestseller. Has anybody read it and recommend it?
I read it and highly recommend it. So good - so much information that you actually would be interested in. Sooooooooooooo good

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
here is the review to end all review from atticusfinch

the da vinci code is the most over-rated publication in the history of words on paper. i dont think i have ever been so dissapointed in my whole life. this one time my mum told me that i would be getting a blind deck skate board for christmas so i got real excited then christmas came and i got a skooter...
thats what reading this book was like. except worse...
skooters are boring and so was the da vinci code... i actually enjoyed the picture on the cover better than this book. when i think of the hours i spent reading this and i realise that i will never be able to recover these lost hours i want to vomit blood all over the authors face

that is all
thread closed

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
well. the fact that this thread is NOT closed proves your a liar. therefore, from your stupid 'review', the Da Vinci Code is the best book ever written

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
shellybelly087 said:
well. the fact that this thread is NOT closed proves your a liar. therefore, from your stupid 'review', the Da Vinci Code is the best book ever written
hey i didnt preach. i gave my opinion. if you dont like it fine. and the thread closing bit was a joke

HSC
I hope everyone who reads the Da Vinci Code realises that it's not true and is a work of fiction. It's about as real as Harry Potter.

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
I really enjoyed the DaVinci code. The thing that actually made me read it was my friend quoting some of the facts to me. Not necessarily the 'religious' stuff either. Even the stuff about the olympics was good.
Also, I found it suspenseful and really interesting as a whole. Everybody loves a conspiracy theory, and the holy grail conspiracy is one that is controversial that it can alter peoples beliefs and ideals if found to be true.

Abbeygale

HSC
TaEkWoNdObArBiE said:
I really enjoyed the DaVinci code. The thing that actually made me read it was my friend quoting some of the facts to me. Not necessarily the 'religious' stuff either. Even the stuff about the olympics was good.
Don't you mean 'facts'? The claim that they're actually true facts is a little on the iffy side, and subject to a lot of arguments. I'm pretty sure a link in this thread refuted the bit about the Olympic rings.

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
It sounds like a "Have-to-read-it-before-you-rate-it" book. I guess I'm off to get a copy....

Edit: So I got myself a copy, and I have to say it IS a good read so far. Like Harry Potter- you can't get your head out of it!

Last edited:

Kutay

University
HSC
The Davinci Code

Hey i am currently reading the davinci code and love it. I was in the book store today and had a look at some of Dan Browns other books and noticed one of them had "Robert Langdon" in it as was wondering if this links to the davinci code?

HSC
life.like.that. said:
I hope everyone who reads the Da Vinci Code realises that it's not true and is a work of fiction. It's about as real as Harry Potter.
Harry Potter isn't real?!

Kutay

University
HSC
Hey i am currently reading the davinci code and love it. I was in the book store today and had a look at some of Dan Browns other books and noticed one of them had "Robert Langdon" in it as was wondering if this links to the davinci code

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Re: The Davinci Code

Kutay said:
Hey i am currently reading the davinci code and love it. I was in the book store today and had a look at some of Dan Browns other books and noticed one of them had "Robert Langdon" in it as was wondering if this links to the davinci code?
Same character yes. Story linked no.

SharkBait

HSC
um....i gotta be honest...i didnt think this book was all it cracked out to be. it was praised and raved sooo much that when i finally got around to read it, i was quite disappointed. the lil historical facts were interesting (only if true) but i found brown's writing style quite sentimental and amateur....Im sorry!!! to all those brown fans out there...but its true!!!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Do we know when the movie of it is coming out yet?

Sam.

bored.
HSC
Not looking forward to the movie. I really didn't picture Tom Hanks as Langdon. It's predictable, and he's a good actor, but I don't agree with the choice. The sets look pretty good though.

On the book: I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it. I read Angels and Demons first, which I really enjoyed, so felt a little let down after I'd finished The Da Vinci Code. It wasn't all that it's hyped up to be, and I'm sick of all the documentaries and studies and publications now being produced as a way to "delve into the gory, unfathomable depths of the story and it's history." Almost the entire novel is written as fiction, hardly any is fact. And I find it incredibly irritating having to sit and argue with people who think that it's "the most revealing, poignant, honest book of the century". It's bull.

It was researched well, and that reasearch was twisted and altered into a novel that spiked interest with a hint of historical accuracy and intrigue. It does not hold the answers to the Holy Grail. Nor does it contain secrets that have been buried by the Catholic Church for centuries. It's an enjoyable fiction/action/adventure read and nothing more.

bigbee1

HSC
i think it was a great book.. and u do have to keep it in mind that it was a work of fiction!

keladry

lady knight
HSC
it was interesting, and very fast-paced with some long exposition thrown in. it's not really my kind of book, but it was enough to keep me occupied for a few hours. it kinda of reminded me of anne rice's version of the origin of the vampires and other vampire myths - legend, fact and mostly fiction woven together coherently... well mostly. dan brown's writing style is definitely not made for novels... rather like a movie documentary, u know, the ones that have plot and reveal heaps of information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)