The Dark Knight buries 8 box office records! $155.3 million opening weekend! (1 Viewer)

live.fast

HSC
N/A
The Dark Knight has soared to 8 box office records and one of them is the biggest film openings in history with over $155million dollars, overtaking Spiderman 3's previous record of $153 million. Considering all the viral marketing this movie had its no shock to me at all. The 8 records that it broke according to DeadlineHollywood are;

Largest Opening, 4,366 theatres.
Most Made at a Midnight Screening,
Most Made at an IMAX Midnight Screening
Biggest Opening Box Office
Biggest Single Day Gross at the Box Office
Biggest IMAX Opening
Biggest Movie of 2008
Biggest July Ticket Gross Ever.
Seen Dark Knight Yet? You really should its getting rave reviews ( accept from parents ). With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) and District Attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), Batman has been making headway against local crime...until a rising criminal mastermind known as The Joker (Heath Ledger) unleashes a fresh reign of chaos across Gotham City.

To stop this devious new menace--Batman's most personal and vicious enemy yet--he will have to use every high-tech weapon in his arsenal and confront everything he believes. Check it out in IMAX and theaters on July 18th.

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_15087.html

:D Just thought I should post up this totally AWESOME piece of news!

YO!

Banned
HSC
I'm actually forced to take my little brothers and cousins to see this movie and I sure wasn't looking forward to it, but after reading all those points, I've sort of changed my mind.

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
yesss i contributed to that 155.3m
i can't wait to see what they do with the third film haha

Tawbonga

HSC
your.knee said:
yesss i contributed to that 155.3m
i can't wait to see what they do with the third film haha
Likewise... and I want to see it again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)