the department of mysteries (1 Viewer)

Leap

free falling
HSC
crazyhomo said:
i was reading chamber of secrets just then, neville is pureblood
yeah, I don't think the half blood prince title is referring to Neville, but I do think he's going to have a major role in upcoming books.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
crazyhomo said:
i was reading chamber of secrets just then, neville is pureblood
yeh I had forgotten that... but I'm sure JKR will elaborate more on Longbottom's character in this book or bk7 since he played a fairly major role in OotP

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
Read LOTR and U'll get your harry potter books and burn them... geesh... real literature ppl, not primary school gunk... haha, Just joking, I obviously don't like Potter, but hey I can see why others do.

rumour

HSC
glycerine said:
lotr bored me to tears
Agreed :)
Word on the HP forums is that it could be a whole range of characters from Hagrid to Crookskanks (Damn, that name :p) to Dudley.

Why can Dudley see the dementors, when they have no effect on muggles?

Last edited:

rumour

HSC
eLmo said:
when did he see a dementor? ..
OotP, first chapter: Dudley Demented, when he almost got kissed by one & then Harry had to drag him home........................ Ring any bells?

I think it will be someone who is not a main character, so not Neville.
I just hope it is not Hagrid!!!

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
rumour said:
OotP, first chapter: Dudley Demented, when he almost got kissed by one & then Harry had to drag him home........................ Ring any bells?
Yeh I remember... but Duddley didn't see the dementors... thats why he didn't believe Harry when Harry was trying to convince his parents... it was all dark etc etc..
I'll have to read it again.. but from what I remember he didn't actually see them

rumour

HSC
eLmo said:
Yeh I remember... but Duddley didn't see the dementors... thats why he didn't believe Harry when Harry was trying to convince his parents... it was all dark etc etc..
I'll have to read it again.. but from what I remember he didn't actually see them
He did, that is why he was so shocked.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
No, he didn't see them. He felt their effects but he definitely couldn't see them.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
What's with the thestrals? Harry saw them just last year but he saw his parents die ages ago...hmmm

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Sarah168 said:
What's with the thestrals? Harry saw them just last year but he saw his parents die ages ago...hmmm
"I’ve been asked this a lot. Harry didn’t see his parents die. He was in his cot at the time (he was just over a year old) and, as I say in ‘Philosopher’s Stone’, all he saw was a flash of green light."

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
glycerine said:
lotr bored me to tears
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I gave the hobbit a go and couldnt take it...serious literature or not, I wont force myself rto read a book just because it is more credible...unless it is a related text for the HSC ;)

MoNNiE

HSC
the hobbit isn't bad..it just requires .. well for me...a greater attention to what is being written

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Persephone87 said:
But I enjoyed reading The Hobbit.
the hobbit was the first book i actually read. my dad was reading it to me, and i wanted to read it when he wasn't around, so i just learnt to read :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)