• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the department of mysteries (3 Viewers)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I bought the first Barry Trotter after skimming through it at the bookshop and thinking it would be amusing. About 1/4 through its humour became boring and lame. I never finished it.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
I bought the first Barry Trotter after skimming through it at the bookshop and thinking it would be amusing. About 1/4 through its humour became boring and lame. I never finished it.
lol i can't believe i even finished it. i didn't like it at all, no not just because i'm an HP fan :p

my friend LOVED it, and she's completely obsessed with hp o__O
i guess it depends on your sense of humour :p

funniboi

HSC
LoL!
I've got the second Barry Trotter book, (1st ones i couldn't find)
but I havn't started to read it yet,
I bought it cause it'd look'd interesting! :/

any comments?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
That's the reason I bought it, but I was ultimately very disappointed with it. Perhaps it's just not my sort of humour.

Mini

relax
HSC
oooh! Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Quidditch Through the Ages... quidditch wasn't great (but had things harry had written in the margins) but Beasts was coool, and funny...

Originally posted by bubz :D
heheh yeah and also you see little clues, like the weasley's tent at the quidditch cup is the same layout as mrs figgs' house.... ok i don' think i make sense :p and mundungus fletcher is mentioned a few times as well.
yeah... like the time turners from book 3 are in the Department of Mysteries... can't think of any others
but i can think of things that have been mentioned that haven't gone anywhere YET:
- Dumbledore has a brother, Aberforth
- Dumbledore 'doesn't need a cloak to become invisible' (Bk 1)
- 'those we have loved never truly leave us' (PoA) - will Sirius return???
- the Ron and Hermione thing (of course, of course)

... and my thoughts are stuck again. Tis the fault of exams. Stupid exams, haven't even seen the 3rd movie yet coz of them!!!!

Last edited:

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Originally posted by Mini
oooh! Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Quidditch Through the Ages... quidditch wasn't great (but had things harry had written in the margins) but Beasts was coool, and funny...
oOo yeh I like Fantasic Beasts.. (esp coz of the notes all over the place).. Quidditch - it was interesting to sorta understand the whole game a little better (history etc).

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by Mini
- Dumbledore has a brother, Aberforth
- Dumbledore 'doesn't need a cloak to become invisible' (Bk 1)
- 'those we have loved never truly leave us' (PoA) - will Sirius return???
and all the stuff with snape, of course.

what you said about "those we have loevd never truly leave us"... hmmm interesting... but i thought dumbly was referring to how james lives inside harry......?

oooh yeah, i've got fantastic beasts and quidditch.... i loved fantastic beasts, didn't like quidditch as much, but it WAS interestign though :) this girl i know was conned into buying fantastic beasts from ebay for like, $30 :rolleyes: serves her right though :p

lengstar

HSC
am i the only one who reads the book at face value? whats up with all these conspiracy theories?

Mini

relax
HSC
and all the stuff with snape, of course.

what you said about "those we have loevd never truly leave us"... hmmm interesting... but i thought dumbly was referring to how james lives inside harry......?
oh yeah, snape... forgot about that :$
snape is awesome, good, yet so evil... and I LOVE Alan Rickman, he is one of the only characters that really and truly lives up to the books' imagery.

yeah 'dumbly' was referring to that.... but it may have had deeper meaning. dumbledore is a character of many layers... like Shrek, lol.

on the other hand, i just saw the 3rd movie (finally) and was very very disappointed with character portrayals, especially the new Dumbledore. Lupin wasn't great either. Black (although Oldman is an excellent actor) just didn't work for me :(

lengstar

HSC
i'm reading PoA again now. i didn't really like OoTP.

the last laugh
HSC
i'm reading OoTP again now. NO MORE EXAMS MUAHAHAH
though i used harry potter as a related text for my genre essay today :p

Originally posted by lengstar
am i the only one who reads the book at face value? whats up with all these conspiracy theories?
i only analyse them after i've finished reading. i loooove it :D

though i once read on mugglenet about some theory about how james potter is actually alive and is literally inside lupin's body??? :rolleyes: errr....

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I've read those crazy theories on mugglenet. Apparently the film hints that Lupin is actually James. Like wtf??

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
I've read those crazy theories on mugglenet. Apparently the film hints that Lupin is actually James. Like wtf??
yeah on mugglenet they were saying stuff like how in PoA (the book), lupin said in a strange voice, "you saw james?" and how he moves to hold harry a number of times, but decides against it........ and apparantly that's a sign that he's actually james potter. =\

mmm yeah, i didn't like the lupin/lily thing in the movie at all. there's nothing like that in the books - there's even more snape/lily than lupin/lily :p they should've emphasised the fact that james/sirius/lupin/pettigrew were friends, rather than go off on a tangent about lupin's admiration of lily :rolleyes:

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
mmm yeah, i didn't like the lupin/lily thing in the movie at all. there's nothing like that in the books - there's even more snape/lily than lupin/lily :p they should've emphasised the fact that james/sirius/lupin/pettigrew were friends, rather than go off on a tangent about lupin's admiration of lily :rolleyes:
huh?

the last laugh
HSC
lol sorry i meant that they had a bit of lupin/lily in the movie, which i didn't think should've been put into it (unless JKR plans on elaborating on it...?) ... and that there's nothing on lupin talking about lily in the books, there's more of a chance that snape had feelinsg for lily (or vice versa) than lupin/lily.........

err does that make sense? sorry my mind's still on my genre essay :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)