• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the department of mysteries (2 Viewers)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
SO Harry Potter is "reading material"? Or "re reading material"?

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
Read PS yesterday. Only 4 books (assuming I can count books 4 and 5 as single books in comparison to 2 and 3) to go.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
romulus? a really bad spelling of Remus perhaps? :rofl: hahaha

I have no clue what you're on about...

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
just finished COS ... starting POA ...

pcwizz

kleptomaniac

HSC
He was one of the founders of Rome, you know those two babies that were suckled by the wolf and became...the founders of Rome? There's a statue of the wolf standing, while the two babies kneel and suckle underneath her. Romulus was one of them, wasn't he?

Last edited:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Yep. There's been speculation that Remus has a brother (Romulus), but I read somewhere that Rowling denied this.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
Yep. There's been speculation that Remus has a brother (Romulus), but I read somewhere that Rowling denied this.
so remus is not only a werewolf, but is thousands of years old? didn't see that one coming

rumour

HSC
Originally posted by eLmo
It was reading... now its re-reading and discovering things once overlooked ;)
That always happens when re-reading hp books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
hmm yeah, I re read GoF and realised that Dumbledore mentioned Arabella Figg and it was only THEN that I made the link..lol

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Have any of you read any of the HP guides (related books)?
I bought "The Magical Worlds of Harry Potter" - D.Colbert (released after OotP) its pretty interesting- lots of facts etc..

I saw another related book it was something like $60 (I'm too much of a tight ass for that kinda thing).. Its the one that was released before OotP. < so it has "book five secrets" :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I bought the "Magical Worlds" one for a friend. I didn't get a chance to read it myself. :mad1:

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
hmm yeah, I re read GoF and realised that Dumbledore mentioned Arabella Figg and it was only THEN that I made the link..lol
heheh yeah and also you see little clues, like the weasley's tent at the quidditch cup is the same layout as mrs figgs' house.... ok i don' think i make sense :p and mundungus fletcher is mentioned a few times as well.

Originally posted by eLmo
Have any of you read any of the HP guides (related books)?
I bought "The Magical Worlds of Harry Potter" - D.Colbert (released after OotP) its pretty interesting- lots of facts etc..
is that the blue and white one? that costs $19.95 or so? :p if so, i was going to buy it but then i found it at state library :p

i was really annoyed though, coz out of boredom i bought the "so you htink you know everything about harry potter?" quiz book for fourteen bucks, and then two months later they give out for free with a copy of OoTP ... :chainsaw:

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
i was really annoyed though, coz out of boredom i bought the "so you htink you know everything about harry potter?" quiz book for fourteen bucks, and then two months later they give out for free with a copy of OoTP ... :chainsaw:
same thing happened to me... stupid :mad1:

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
My sisters borrowed some of them from the library and I had a look at the one for Order of the Pheonix. It only gave hints, not straight clues, and you had to figure out the rest.
Kind of annoying for someone who spends what little brain power they can spare on the HSC.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
is that the blue and white one? that costs $19.95 or so? :p if so, i was going to buy it but then i found it at state library :p
umm.. purple and silver and only $16.95 :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)