The Department Says Relax (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuel slack

HSC
I always have music in the background, but I'll sometimes accidentally put a crappy song in a playlist, so when I'm studying I'll hear like Metallica's Call of the Ktulu and start playing the air guitar. With Skill.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
samuel slack said:
I always have music in the background, but I'll sometimes accidentally put a crappy song in a playlist, so when I'm studying I'll hear like Metallica's Call of the Ktulu and start playing the air guitar. With Skill.
LOL. I despise Metallica for the moment :p. The number of times my brother has interrupted my study by playing Metallica - full blast. Argh!

original123

*Original Convention*
HSC
samuel slack said:
SOO true...Math is always the subject where I pump up the music the most. I don't exactly play air guitar though. I start dancing haha...however, also with skill =P

w00dy.

HSC
Beege said:
More than 6 hours a day is unhealthy and won't work.
if the department says that more than 6 hours a day is unhealthy and wont work, then WHY do they send us to school for an avg of 6 hours a day and expect us to complete study/homework/whatever after school for an avg of 4 -5 hours per night.

essentially its contradicting itself (which is nothing new...)

in the end we all know our limits, and im pretty sure we are all smart enough not to exceed those limits.

samuel slack

HSC
BOS... pffft. Who do they think they're kidding. If they want us to not stress, they shouldn't make 13 years of schooling be reflected in the mark of one exam for each of our subjects... and a year's worth of assessments.

Then again, what would be the point of going to school if they didn't test us to find out whether we have learnt anything?

Maddy1012

HSC
ahen said:
oh i am sooooooooooooo sorry that apparently community and family studies is not stressful, no because i don't have the pressure of remaining at the top of my class? i don't have the pressure of getting over 90 in that subject , more like over 95 to get a good portion of that mark added to my aggregate? oh no of course not
i'll let people know about my UAI goal if i want, what's it to you? oh and i'd like to see what YOUR subjects are mr, so what i suppose you go to James Ruse and do 4U maths, 4U english, Latin continuers, a few distinction courses and physics and chemistry? if so then ok fine i'd say you have some reason to be overly stressed.
but you have no right to assume that just because someone does a "lower" subject means that they are any less or will stress any less, i think you need to get over yourself.

also its harder to get a band 6 + in easy subjects because they mark so damn hard. Exams like chemistry and physics get sclaed up to the shithouse, when you get 60% you actually get a band 4-5 but when you get a 85 or anything lower in those "easy" subjects u get scaled down. So dont think that just coz the content of a subject is easy that its just "free marks". I would consider subjects like physics and chemistry "free marks". I know someone who never got over 40% in a physics exams and ended up getting a band 4.... thats not fair :mad1:

HSC
Maddy1012 said:
also its harder to get a band 6 + in easy subjects because they mark so damn hard. Exams like chemistry and physics get sclaed up to the shithouse, when you get 60% you actually get a band 4-5 but when you get a 85 or anything lower in those "easy" subjects u get scaled down. So dont think that just coz the content of a subject is easy that its just "free marks". I would consider subjects like physics and chemistry "free marks". I know someone who never got over 40% in a physics exams and ended up getting a band 4.... thats not fair :mad1:
Really?

Then I'm not screwed! :D :D

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Maddy1012 said:
I don't completely agree with you. There is absolutely no way BOS will scale you down for doing well, no matter how 'easy' a subject it is. It is quite possible to get a uai of 100 with 'low scaling subjects'. I've said this before but i know a few people who did low scaling subjects and received uais over 95. :D

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
original123 said:
SOO true...Math is always the subject where I pump up the music the most. I don't exactly play air guitar though. I start dancing haha...however, also with skill =P
Where else does your skill extend to? ;)

You guys will be fine with low scaling subjects if you do well in them. Capped scaling subjects on the other hand will fuck you up.

matmatt

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Really?

Then I'm not screwed! :D :D

wooooo!
-throws mountains of paper into the air and dances as it rains upon my now glowing head-
-sings "what a wonderful world" the Ramones cover of course-
huzzzaahhhh! There is hope after all!

Maddy1012

HSC
tanjin said:
I don't completely agree with you. There is absolutely no way BOS will scale you down for doing well, no matter how 'easy' a subject it is. It is quite possible to get a uai of 100 with 'low scaling subjects'. I've said this before but i know a few people who did low scaling subjects and received uais over 95. :D

no i completely disagree with you. There is no possible way to get a 100 hsc mark for general maths or senior science. For senior science the max mark you can get is 98. something. I read it on the UAC site. Im not bullshitng.

williamc

HSC
Maddy1012 said:

You're a fucking idiot. Its not any 'harder' to get a band 6 in an 'easier subject'. Marks we receive back from BOS are raw marks that have been aligned to course standards, nothing to do with scaling. Scaling and aligning are two completely different processes. Aligning changes every year according exam difficulty whislt scaling changes every year due to quality of course canditure. From all of the FOI's there hasnt been any information on a subject to align down yet. The rest of that is void. Please dont say stuff you don't know.

HSC
Maddy1012 said:
no i completely disagree with you. There is no possible way to get a 100 hsc mark for general maths or senior science. For senior science the max mark you can get is 98. something. I read it on the UAC site. Im not bullshitng.
Yeah, sorry to tell you this, but you're full of shit.

tanjin and williamc are correct. :uhhuh:

N

noir.

Musk said:
advance sam shows the allignment

If the red cerve's peak occurs before the blue ones then it means it allgns down
um i meant real evidence like stuff on UAC and stuff, know what i mean?

it's just an assumption of yours [from SAM, which isn't wholly accurate]. No real proof to demonstrate or state that VET courses do not align.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Maddy1012 said:
I never said you were lying, i just don't think your information is entirely correct. No one can really be 100% sure about how scaling works as it changes each year so i guess we'll never know who's right.

fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
see attached :)

omgsh my subjects are soooooo low scaling its funny

2 VET course ahhahaha :rofl:

but then agian im not expecting a high UAI nor do i desperatly need one

but in terms of marks how can bos deny someone of getting 100 in an exam UAI is different cause its a rank not a mark
LOL, okay maybe not 100 but extremely close to it! 99.85 not good enough? :p

Last edited:

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
see attached :)

omgsh my subjects are soooooo low scaling its funny

2 VET course ahhahaha :rofl:

but then agian im not expecting a high UAI nor do i desperatly need one

but in terms of marks how can bos deny someone of getting 100 in an exam UAI is different cause its a rank not a mark
Whoa, hundred in all your subjects to get 99.85. Pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)