The Door (1 Viewer)

thehalford

I always like the Door - none of the other texts in the Stimulus Booklet really stood out to me. That, and it's the only one I have legible notes for :)

allyteaded

Actually i think you will find that they have already moved on! Year 11 next year are doing like Journeys or some shit!! what can i say, be glad to be rid of it!!
Ugh... tell me about it... You know what's on the syllabus next year?? "The Lord of the Rings," "Spirited Away" Migosh, fun shit!! And here we are stuck with poetry... not that I don't like Gwen Harwood but still.. Argh!

I'm so pissed off...

Anyway, I'm using the door because it links to one of my additional material perfectly.

Do you reckon it's okay just to use like ... one verse from The Door or is it better that you consider the poem as a whole?

Dangar

If you are doing Immigrant Chronicles by Skrzynecki as your set text I wouldn't recommend using The Door because it's another poem and it doesn't demonstrate your ability to interpret different mediums and it's frowned upon. Im using Sky High and Humans in their environment.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Azn fairies
umm.. yeah fractel is preety bad.. but im still using it beacsue it's a good changing self text. alway good to use something original- eveyone is doing ther door.
if u can use it the markers will be happy

Tegan_K

what is fractal about? I dont even remember discussing it in class...how would i relate humans in thewir environment and connect it to My Place?

Xena W.Priness

if we're talking about that go and open the doordoodle poem, then yea it should be relatable to any change, i mean pffft... go open that damn door...

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
wha? lotr & spirited away?!?!?!?!?! (we were jipped!) hehe..
lol @ shoving essay up..
but id think most ppl would be doin the door or sky high for skrzynecki.. u can't escape it!

tempco

HSC
Originally posted by Tegan_K
what is fractal about? I dont even remember discussing it in class...how would i relate humans in thewir environment and connect it to My Place?
Maybe along the lines of although Sally had found the courage to speak up, and to discover/cherish her identity, discrimination against Aborigines is still rampant.. things changing, when in retrospect, nothing really changed (that's what fractals is about, isn't it?)

And what about other marginalised races? or nationalities? Discrimination is still there...

Might be going off track... oh well.

crazylilmonkee

HSC
a teacher said to one of my friends that sky high is just as common as they door, if not worse.. the markers must be pretty sick of both of the texts

Blondie

ok, im doing the door, and i dont get it! i mean, the teacher has blah blah blah'd crap all year, but i still dont get it. Any help??

SmokedSalmon

HSC
Look if you want to use the door, then go ahead and use it. Same for Sky High. If you understand them thorougly and have a good arguement then you'll do fine. Who cares if a majority of other people are doing it? Hell the markers may get a lil peeved but they can't mark you down for it... can they?

crazylilmonkee

HSC
they should be marking us fairly, but who knows what happens amongst those teachers and tonnes of papers.. but it does go through 3 markers.. so hopefully it will be fair and square..
i wanna know.. what are the BEST text to use for changing perspective.. i wanted to use fractals but is that perspective? as in technology and different forms of education as well as increases knowledge and.. um... complexity of change maybe? i dunno i made that up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)