• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Dream Thread (1 Viewer)

Crizzy

HSC
Re: Anyone have a strange dream last night?

I know this made sound weird, but has anyone ever had dreams when you know it’s a dream during your sleep? :confused:

I had these a few times before. It usually starts of like a normal dream but then I realize that it’s a dream because it doesn’t make sense. Once I had a dream that I was driving to escape from something. I don’t have my drivers license yet so after awhile I realize that it was a dream and so I just starting driving everywhere on the road.

Has this happen to anyone else…?

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: < i can finally use this emotion

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC

OK. So this is just about the first dream i have remembered in months. I had it last night after studying for my exam which i freaking out about and had this morning.

It took place in a field, at night. It was in colour, but very dark (obviously). Lots of dark green and dark blue. There was this tree on a slight hill. I dont know if it was simply deciduous or actually dead but it had no leaves in any case...i'm edging towards dead though because the tree looked dry and cracked.
In the fork of the tree there was this severed hand which moved. I saw it and somehow i feel as if i know how it got there (but i can't remember how). In the dream i showed my dad and he starts screaming (like homer simpson in that episode where he gets hypnotised and remembers the dead body he found in the drain as a kid). i had to calm him down and then i showed my younger brother and older sister the hand. I was amused by it as it twitched but they didnt really seem interested.

And that's all i remember.

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC

Aralia said:
...the breast?! Hahaha...someone's just had a Freudian Slip.

Yep, I've had flying ones. They really are the best. Often when I'm being chased - extend arms - and up I go!!!

Haven't had one in ages, although I've had a few when I just fall, like missing a stair or something, then my leg would twitch and I'd wake up.
i get that leg twitching too. and the tingling? or is it just me

but yeah about the dying in your sleep, my friend says hes dreamed hes died heaps of times. and hes still fine, so its all good.

only dream i came close to dying, i fell off a building, backwards, but in midair i woke up with huge shudders. weird.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

cuppas said:
i get that leg twitching too. and the tingling? or is it just me

but yeah about the dying in your sleep, my friend says hes dreamed hes died heaps of times. and hes still fine, so its all good.

only dream i came close to dying, i fell off a building, backwards, but in midair i woke up with huge shudders. weird.
lol i get the leg twitch thing too. cept its more like, i'm about to fall asleep and my body randomly goes spastic for a second like it thinks im going to fall or something. it's a bit weird. kinda like when you almost fall out of bed and then stop yourself, except i'm totally on the bed.

the last weird dream i had was last night...it started with me in a group of these girls i didnt know, and we were going "to stand in sydney harbour" and pay $32 for the privilege. they started complaining about how "in melbourne there are thousands of swimming pools everywhere". so i went with them through this tunnel which apparently lead to the harbour but while we were walking i started getting really worried that i left my train fare at home for some reason, and started looking through my bag for this mystical $6.80. my hand snared a bunch of tangled necklaces or something inside the bag and the dream suddenly switched location.

Now, i was in a random loungeroom with my best friend, going through the same bag, except i was looking at the necklaces all tangled and asking my friend to help me untangle them. Then her aunty burst in and started yelling at my friend about how she never puts things back the way she found them, and then came and put a bunch of twisted up coloured pipe cleaners on the floor, and left. That was pretty much it.
edit: wait i remember now. After this the dream switched location again and i found myself on a random highway in bankstown, staring at all the cars as the drove around me while i stood on this pedestrian island. dont ask me how i knew it was bankstown. ive never been there. but i knew thats where i was. it was odd.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
lol i get the leg twitch thing too. cept its more like, i'm about to fall asleep and my body randomly goes spastic for a second like it thinks im going to fall or something. it's a bit weird. kinda like when you almost fall out of bed and then stop yourself, except i'm totally on the bed.
Thats normal, happens during REM sleep.

Pretty much every night during the last week I've dreamt of killing people or being killed, very violently/gruesomely.
I think it's got something to do with exam stress.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC

The_Apprentice said:
Thats normal, happens during REM sleep.

Pretty much every night during the last week I've dreamt of killing people or being killed, very violently/gruesomely.
I think it's got something to do with exam stress.
hahaha really? I've only dreamt of killing people like.. maybe twice... WHAT A RUSH THOUGH!

HSC
N/A

yah rly. Haven't watched any horror recently either. Yeah it's pretty scary/fun.

codydhu

AdherentFollower
HSC

Crizzy said:
I know this made sound weird, but has anyone ever had dreams when you know it’s a dream during your sleep? :confused:

I had these a few times before. It usually starts of like a normal dream but then I realize that it’s a dream because it doesn’t make sense. Once I had a dream that I was driving to escape from something. I don’t have my drivers license yet so after awhile I realize that it was a dream and so I just starting driving everywhere on the road.

Has this happen to anyone else…?

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: < i can finally use this emotion
Yeah, thats happened to me a few times, with nightmares.... when they get really bad, i sort of have an epiphany and think 'this makes no sense, its just a dream!' and i sorta wake myself up.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

The_highwayman said:
ive never killed anybody in a dream.
and i've never been killed because i always wake up beforehand.
Take that, murderers!
hahaha.

i kill people all the time in my dreams. its always people i like, too, ie family, friends, never anyone i actually dislike.
actually sometimes i dont actually kill them, its more like i see them dying and dont help them. i just stand there watching while they get crushed by a massive rock or whatever.

ZJ NingNing

HSC

ssejamafone said:
I can't remember my dream last night, but once i had a dream i was playing tabletennis in the olympics with my hand (not a bat), and then it changed and i was sailing up a multicoloured waterfall with my family, and then it changed again, and i was at home, and one of my guy friends came over and he was wearing a skirt o_O.... wierd, is all i can say...
so... your guy friends usually dont wear a shirt when they come over... man! what HAVE you been hiding from me, Ping! =)

I had a dream about been friend-ish-ly abused by my mum, sister, best friend and fav. teacher...

I was totally like o_0

but then, I get abused by them pretty often, except for that teacher, that is.

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
Weird dreams involving the HSC(to an extent)

It's official, the HSC has finally crept into my life and took over it and now I'm dreaming about it. Well anyway, the dream I had was that it was the dreaded day of English Paper 1, the atmosphere felt typical for any Year 12 on that day. When I sat down and started to write, we all heard a huge noise outside and a blinding light took over, I manage to glimpse outside the window and I saw a cloud. And you guys can guess what happened next and no we didn't die. The next bit was unreal, I soon found myself in a military bunker and the next thing you know was that this guy I knew walked in with a huge bazooka and I involuntarilly yelled 'Metal' and pulled out a pistol and started to shoot him. Then the dream ended. Pretty weird huh? Man, I've been watching too much Terminator, well anyway does anyone else have dreams about the HSC?

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Re: Weird dreams involving the HSC(to an extent)

i dreamt that i walked into the wrong exam and sat it anyway, freaking out that i didn't know any of the work .... lol i don't know why'd i'd sit the wrong exam in the first place, and i really don't know why i'd even attempt it lol!

SpinCobra

HSC
Uni Grad

o_O.. Weird.

I'm never gonna have a dream about the HSC. I dont think I've ever actually stressed about the HSC or assessment tasks before.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC

i dream about incuurence of the hsc.
Like failing at life ect.

And how rich i will become when im older and marry hilary duff.

michael1990

HSC

HA HA HA​

I have the same reoccuring dream that i am running a international Business, have a beautiful wife, awesome house and 2 really intellegent Children!

But i think thats what i want?
lol

j.russell

HSC
Re: Strange Dreams

hahah i had the best dream
snoop dogg was on the news and in newspapers and that, training heaps hard and becoming really ridiculously strong, and naturally everyone was really surprised, i mean, snoop dogg, he was huge. so he tries out for the olympics and to everyones surprise makes it as a shot-putter.
so now a massive crowd turns out to watch him compete and he comes 3rd and i just have this image of a humungously buff snoop dogg standing on the podium receiving a bronze medal lol
i woke up and just laughed so much

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Re: Strange Dreams

I used to dream heaps that i was falling, like im running from something, then all of a sudden the road would crack and fall to blackness, and i would fall down, then randomly everything would rewind and i'd try again, jumping on different platforms before they fell, weird dream eh!

Also, theres this weird mechanic in all of my dreams, if something happens, like i get captured by some monster or i fall off a building, theres this button on my head that i press and i just warp to safety, like its my panic button or something......a panic button on my head.....

yeah BEAT THAT someone!

ps. no jokes here, all true dreams, the falling ones i dont get anymore, but the panic button i always get in every dream, just in case i need it ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)