the expected essay questions on Eco 2003 (1 Viewer)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
wat would be the expected essay questions on the forthcoming Economics exam held on wednesday?

saves.the.day

HSC
Well firstly, this is just my and my economics teachers' prediction. Please dont bag me out if it's wrong this is just what I think based on the past years' trends.

Well for question 27 & 28 for the past two years, the theme has been globalisation. I don't do business studies or anything but my economics teacher said they might be trying to do what they do in business studies where the ext. response for the last section (27/28) is centred around the same theme

Umm in 2001, the generic question asking about the impact on globalisation on another country either than Australia has been asked and this is a possiblity then to be asked again in 2003 as it was missed in 2002. So I'd reccomend going over your assesment on that you probably would have done.

For the stimulus based quesitons, economic growth has been a theme for question 26 for both years. So it is unlikely they'll test economic growth in this years 25-26 question so it may be hit hard in mc or s/a.

I have been to this lecture by Tim Riley (author of one of the HSC economics texts) and he said that inflation and monetary haven't been hit yet in ext response so there is a high probability of that occuring.

I know this is off topic but I just think this may help all of you. Umm Tim Riley also said that unemployment has not been examined in short answer at all in the past 2 years and before the new HSC came out, it was tested frequently so it is just dying to be asked this year so I reccomend going over your calculations and definitions (i.e. unemployment, participation rate, labour force etc)

Hope this helps you out

-Lester

Last edited:

timmii

sporadic attendee
There was a saq on unemployment last year, if i remember correctly? But yeah the essays last year were very globally focussed - so i think something more on internal balance should be asked this year...*

*no liability is accepted if this speculation is incorrect. :p

HannieStar

this is just speculation, but anyways by eco teacher thinks it will be on:
price stability
monetary policy
macro and micro in achieving internal and external balance
global case study q
:)))
lets hope it isnt something totally evil...
good luck!

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
You can't really predict nething, esp. after Business Studies Section IV! That question was totally unexpected. Thanx BOS!:chainsaw:

vegeta_316

Originally posted by saves.the.day
Well firstly, this is just my and my economics teachers' prediction. Please dont bag me out if it's wrong this is just what I think based on the past years' trends.

Well for question 27 & 28 for the past two years, the theme has been globalisation. I don't do business studies or anything but my economics teacher said they might be trying to do what they do in business studies where the ext. response for the last section (27/28) is centred around the same theme

Umm in 2001, the generic question asking about the impact on globalisation on another country either than Australia has been asked and this is a possiblity then to be asked again in 2003 as it was missed in 2002. So I'd reccomend going over your assesment on that you probably would have done.

For the stimulus based quesitons, economic growth has been a theme for question 26 for both years. So it is unlikely they'll test economic growth in this years 25-26 question so it may be hit hard in mc or s/a.

I have been to this lecture by Tim Riley (author of one of the HSC economics texts) and he said that inflation and monetary haven't been hit yet in ext response so there is a high probability of that occuring.

I know this is off topic but I just think this may help all of you. Umm Tim Riley also said that unemployment has not been examined in short answer at all in the past 2 years and before the new HSC came out, it was tested frequently so it is just dying to be asked this year so I reccomend going over your calculations and definitions (i.e. unemployment, participation rate, labour force etc)

Hope this helps you out

-Lester

they ddn't do that for business this year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)