The F1 Thread (16 Viewers)

V

vanbasten

Don't get me wrong, I am the biggest HHF fan ever. He is the only F1 driver I have ever supported, but his time at Williams was shocking - which was not entirely his fault. He was too much of nice guy and he copped it. While 2nd in the championship looks good, you gotta realise that he only one once compared to JV (6 or 7 i think). With the same car and his skill, he should have done better but shit happens i guess. His 1999 season was awesome. I have every race of the '99 season taped and sometimes i watch them just to see Frentzen win.......yes i am a weirdo.....

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
So, apparently the British GP has been axed from next years schedule, and so has the French. My source is The Sun newspaper, so you have to doubt its credibility, but still it has been looming over the British GP for a while. Also, apparently Turkey will have a GP next year.

V

vanbasten

If wouldn't want to see Silverstone axed - its an excellent track. Personally i think they should do about 20-22 races a year and no testing or very little testing.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
If its any consoilation ... schumacher did the fastest lap during testing ... lol :D

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
he took a shortcut thats why :p lol

Siverstone always getting threatened to get axed mainly because they keep increasing ticket prices. Like at melbourne it's 400-500 for grandstand tickets, so i can imagine silverstone prices would be more.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
i think the more races the better... just basically says that i dont need to wait 2 weeks for a dam race...

griz: about the tix, england pound is more expensive hence their tix gotta be more expensive... and plus their all prestige there

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I have never liked the silverstone track ... glad that its going ... the more new tracks the better ... gotta admit that bahrain and china were pretty good tracks ... although i like bahrain better than china :eek:

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
kick the hungagring or fix it ... stupid boring tracks ... :(

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
A1Ring was a mad track! they scraped that! :(
They should definately get rid of monaco, its sooo boring those races!

My fav is spa ;D

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I loved the a1 track as well ... stupid ppl keeping tracks just so they can make money ... grr :vcross:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
But i like Austria ... it has a nice view ... lol. :eek:

And closing some tracks down and keeping some open have to do with tabacco advertising as well :confused:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
theres no way that monaco is gonna get cut... theres too much money to be made there
im still surprised about the silverstone track getting cut...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Ralfie wants to see monaco go ... cause after the crash he had in america, he said that it wasn't safe to drive 280km through a tunnel ... lol

V

vanbasten

I like evry single track on the calendar. To the general viewers, certain tracks may be boring, but if you appreciate the way the drivers attack the track then no overtaking shouldn't bother you. This said, overtaking is also needed to add to the excitement. As for Monaco being cut - NO WAY - it is the "jewel in the F1 season" and should be kept regardless of how boring or exciting it is.

P.S. Ralf is just a pussy.

V

vanbasten

As for the A-1 ring, it is an excellent track, but lacks the excitement of the former Osterreichring, on which it was built. The Remus Curve for example, is very, very tight and always exciting when the cars hurtle through there. However, some modifications could make the track one of the most exciting. For example, if they could somehow redo the famous Bosch Curve (a steep climb to a never ending right-hander which tipped downhill just after the apex - a bigger version of Monaco's Mirabeu - sort of) of the old Osterreichring, the Austrian race would be the best to watch. At the moment though, Spa and Monaco are the best.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
vanbasten said:
I like evry single track on the calendar. To the general viewers, certain tracks may be boring, but if you appreciate the way the drivers attack the track then no overtaking shouldn't bother you. This said, overtaking is also needed to add to the excitement. As for Monaco being cut - NO WAY - it is the "jewel in the F1 season" and should be kept regardless of how boring or exciting it is.

P.S. Ralf is just a pussy.
I agree.. but I like tracks that atleast give the drivers a chance to overtake - hence why Monaco appears to be so boring, maybe they should consider revising the current track..
As for the best track, my pick is Spa, like most people... but I also like Sao Paulo :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)