The F1 Thread (13 Viewers)

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Yes but you could say the same thing about other teams ie BAR where Taku's car was blowing up all through the first half of the season, and Ruby seems to get the raw end of the stick sometimes.. You do realise that the drivers have different engineers?

Vanbasten you don't really look like Nando.. obviously they weren't loyal Nando fans, but still great for you..

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
wasn't satos engine blowing up constantly a result from the way he drives? atleast ruby finished in brazil

V

vanbasten

Montoya is much smoother than you think. While he does brake late and is sometimes erratic at the wheel, his throttle/brake application is as smooth as anyone else. Sato, on the other hard, likes to use the pedals vigorously, steer vigourously, you name it. Lucky the BAR is a good car because if he was stuck with something shitty like when he was at Jordan, we probably would have seen "mowing the lawn" a lot more. However, I think Sato's driving style isn't as important as the actual configuration of the engine and gearbox. First, the Honda engine is nowhere near as stable as the BMW and second of all, BAR use a composite, carbon-fibre gearbox, which can be seen as one of the key culprits to Sato's mechanical failures. If you remember, the beloves MP4-19a, used a similar gearbox and boy did it suck at the beginning of the year. But what about Button you say? Well this is where driving styles come in. Sato put smuch more strain on the engine through his erratic throttle/brake/clutch application hence these failures. HOWEVER, Sato will only improve in the years to come as he is very open to criticism and is willing to take suggestions on board. And after all, he only started any form of motorsport at 19 and has absolutely dominated almost anything he has done. Expect him to be better than Button and Monty in the future.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I'm sorry, but i can't see montoya as a smooth driver ... in the past 2 years he has crashed into ralf so many times i can't count and not to meantion michael

But i guess they can't be all perfect like michael ;)

V

vanbasten

Crashing into your teammate doesn't make you "unsmooth", it makes you stupid. However, crashing into pitwalls does make you both. I.e. Toranosuke Takagi.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I bought ferrari lego today ... its got a little mini michael schumacher ... so cute ... and its also got barrichello.

V

vanbasten

HAHAHAHA. I remember that. But at least DC has won and ppushed Schumi. Takagi barely managed to keep the car on track

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Cape said:
I bought ferrari lego today ... its got a little mini michael schumacher ... so cute ... and its also got barrichello.
Is that the stuff that comes in the huge box? I've seen it at the toy store ..makes me sick! :p Does it come with a pit crew?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I only got the podium one ... the trophey is bigger than michael, lol. there is also a pit crew and a car ... i want them all!!! :D :uhhuh:

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Its not fair, Ferrari have merchandised everything! Theres no McLaren lego! :mad:
Is this it btw? ..how nice that Ruby is on the lower step and Michael has that HUGE trophy. That actually looks like Ruby too..

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yep .... thats it. its funny all the instruction pics have michael on the upper step and ruby on the lower one ... lol. I want the big huge car!!! better start saving .. lol ... cause that cost me nearly $12.

Maybe is mclaren did better, they might have some merchandise. :uhhuh:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
elmo your wierd... how do any of the lego guys look like the real drivers? they dont look like tools!

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
F1 lego, i never knew such merchandise existed. Too bad there is no mclaren ones as elmo said. Also typical that Ferrari put barrichello on the lower podium than micheal, even though there isnt very much difference in their faces.

What I want are the 1/4 scale remote control Mclaren F1 cars. they look mad, go fast (50km/h i think) and they even have spare wet tires. SOOO cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)