The F1 Thread (16 Viewers)

vanbanned

Banned
HSC
N/A
Stewart's drivers were alright. Barrichello, Herbert, Magnussen (good but went shit), Verstappen. But Stewart got sold to Jaguar rather than failing all together.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
anyone watch rpm today???

anyone understand the new qualifying system for next yr??? i understand it to be saturday the cars go out with a light fuel load. then sunday morning they go out with the race set up. then do they work out the average of the two laps???

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
No I didn't watch it, and yes but they add the times together - thats how I understand it.. fucking Bernie

Here again:

The new system will involve a similar set-up to the current one with single-lap qualifying on Saturday afternoon with low fuel loards for the fastest possible lap, before a second session on Sunday morning when drivers will have to qualify with fuel and tyres they will have to start the race with.

Friday practice is unaffected. The first qualifying session will see the winner of the last race run first (as is currently the case) and the final qualifying order will be the reverse of the finishing order of the first session.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Its gonna be a stupid system ... i don't think that it will work. The 12 lap qualifying that they had a few years ago was fine :mad:

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Yes but they always have to be innovative, and come up with hair brained ideas :rolleyes: I don't know why - and this "cost cutting" bs is no excuse..

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
nothing they try is actually going 2 stop the ferrari domination ... they don't have any brains in their heads, hence y none of these plans ever work out. And you can't try to cost cut a sport which has such a high development and technological use ... damn them :mad:

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Improve global appeal? If anything all these great ideas they have are turning people away.

Pfft Ferrari domination :p Just you wait Cape..

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
1 set of tyres for the whole weekend and 1 engine for 2 races isn't going to reduce the costs.

Maybe the smaller teams just shouldn't be in f1 ... plus no sponsor wants to be associated with a team that is constantly running around the back of the field.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
I doubt it will cut costs either, it'll just make things more difficult especially the new tyre rules.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Especially at the tracks which require a soft tyre compound. Plus the teams are likely to spend more money trying to improve the tyres and engines throughout the year.

Wonder if bernie actually realises that each track has a different characteristic and require different tyre compounds - hard and soft?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
If schumacher stayed at benatton, they would be constructor champions and ferrari would be in nowheres ville.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
i think that they are allowed to changed - i don't think that there is a penalty.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Argonaut said:
Well they're not gonna know until they try. Anyway Formula 1 will be boring unitl Schumacher retires. They should just give him the championship before the first race and then everybody else races to see who comes second. And if Ruby's always second in the Championship, we'll give him that so he and Schumacher don't have to race and everyone else can battle it out for third in the Championship.
Yes what a brilliant idea. Instead of trying to beat them, just hand it to them at the start. Where's there fun in that?

It might depend when the tyre is blown...

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
itll be shit, cuz baumgartner would be last... everyone assumes his shit but his got tricks in his sleeves, watch out ladies!

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
What tricks? pfft the only trick he knows is how to drive off the track..
Though he is quite the ladies man :rolleyes: he's good for PR too.. thats about it.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Orange Juice said:
itll be shit, cuz baumgartner would be last... everyone assumes his shit but his got tricks in his sleeves, watch out ladies!
Atleast his lap times would be constant :p

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Argonaut said:
But you'll get to see Kimi 'win' a race ...
But Kimi won this year, fair and square. With all the McLaren problems, it made the win that much better.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
The only reason why kimi won was cause michael only wanted 2 come second to wrap up the championship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)