The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

walkahz

HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

Woot Webber on pole for germany hopefully he can convert to race a race win.

Kujah

HSC
N/A

Congratulations Mark Webber - his 1st and hopefully not his last F1 victory!

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC

At least he won one. Would have been a very pitiful tale if he finished a career as long as his without a win.

Congrats though, I was very happy to hear the news :)

walkahz

HSC

Good work for mark if anyone deserves a win it is him. I was about to turn it off after that soft penalty but i am so glad i didnt.

ledzeppelin

HSC

Yeah, good drive by Webber
Red Bull appears to have an edge over the Brawns now. I don't think the title race is over by any means, especially since a few of the other teams appear to have improved their pace, and could possibly challenge for podiums over the next half of the season. If Vettel and Kubica hadn't collided in Australia, he'd only be 15 points behind Button now :(
Also, KERS has been one big fuck-up. All it's done is allowed Ferrari and McLaren to create numerous Trulli trains every race. I don't really understand what benefit it would have given if implemented on every car anyway.

therealist

HSC

Red Bull have always been the team to beat. They were a front-runner even without the double-decker diffuser at the beginning of the year, and now that they've fitted the diffuser in, they're basically unstoppable, never doubt Adrian Newey :) Yeah i agree too, the next upcoming races should be good, since the teams are all pretty close this year.

hahaha...Trulli trains! lets not forget how expensive it is to implement the bloody systems. IMO it looks like cheating, and overtaking maneovers are just less exciting, since 1 car is severely disadvantaged.

Hopefully Mark will maintain his hold over Vettel so Red Bull won't start backing 1 driver against Button in the forseeable future. Just because he's slightly older, doesn't mean his driving is impaired at all.

Kujah

HSC
N/A

I agree with what Alan Jones said about Webber probably being unable to win this year, but I hope that will change in 2010. And Red Bull sneaking up on Brawn in the Team Championship, I think with they're behind by about 29 points or so. Should be a great season!

pman

Banned
HSC

iý'll be interesting to see if button can hold the others off!

therealist

HSC

Disgaree. Until Britain Brawn were the team to beat.
okay, no that's not what i meant. Red Bull have always been the faster team this year, just not obvious for one reason or another. (due to diffuser confusion etc. etc.)

now that they're on a roll, i'm convinced they'll surpass Brawn in the constructors championship despite Button's win record this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)