The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
by the sounds of things dwight has still got it. he sounds like the highlight from a losing club.

sing with me "dwight, dwight yorke, wherever you may be..."

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I was there and it was good fun.

First half, sitting with Sydney supporters and cheering for Central Coast was awesome. We didn't make too many friends there.

Second half, sitting where the Marinators were, and this bitch (Central Coast supporter) behind us going off at us because we had a horn. When Sydney scored, we let her know the score. Fucken bitch.

Overall, a good night except maybe for the rain. Good nonetheless.

wanderlust

HSC
i was at the match ( in corporate! woo) and support the mariners so not only was i the odd one out but i was the only one who left happy! Now, i don't want to deny Dwight Yorke's skill, and maybe it's just the way he plays but watching him i got the impression he wasn't really into the match very much. I believe the mariners deserved to win, that sydney FC were not unlucky to lose, and that if dwight yorke teamed up with number 11, god i forgot his name, really good player, and became passionate, or seemingly so, then Sydney FC would be unstopable. never the less GO THE MARINERS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Central Coast did not deserve to win, but all that matters is that they did.

Numero Uno

HSC
I was also there
boy what an ending to the game
personally i think Sydney Fc's strikers are quite awful :( petrovski missed a 1 on 1
and yorke didnt seem to care much about the game .

Carney is the best player in that team easily

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Pfft...Carney. Makes runs but can't cross for shit. Yorke and Petrovski are a good combo up front - Littbarski just has to give it time. Zdrilic shouldn't be playing at all.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Komit said:
Central Coast did not deserve to win, but all that matters is that they did.
Seriously, you are a closet Mariners supporter!

Sydney ... pfft. The defence needs HUGE amounts of work on it, because it has proven to be nothing short of terrible in the opening month.

Yorke has scored in every game he's played. He'll finish top scorer in the A-League, I reckon.

Refereeing was abysmal. Why deny Sydney the penalty they should have had, and give Central Coast one instead?

Sydney have to learn how to score when dominating a game. Two weeks in a row now that they have not been able to show their dominance in general play on the scoreboard.

They should still win this competition pretty comfortably, one would think, but the defence, or lack thereof, is very worrying.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Well, I was cheering for CC when I was sitting with the Sydney FC fans. But when I was sitting next to the Marinators i was cheering for Sydney......I just want to incite soccer violence.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Komit said:
Well, I was cheering for CC when I was sitting with the Sydney FC fans. But when I was sitting next to the Marinators i was cheering for Sydney......I just want to incite soccer violence.
Hahaha quite brilliant :D

I reckon you should come dressed in a Sydney United shirt next time and start singing the Croatian anthem!

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I would never do that since I'm not Croatian.

However, I did have a Macedonian beanie on and was doing Macedonian chants. It didn't catch on.

HSC
I think that Sydney FC is the best team (okay, maybe some bias here) but the defence is seriously lacking.

Why doesn't Littbarski play all his 3 star strikers? I think Sydney FC could've won against the Mariners if Petrovski had played, along with Yorke and Zdrilic...

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
whiterabbit said:
I think that Sydney FC is the best team (okay, maybe some bias here) but the defence is seriously lacking.

Why doesn't Littbarski play all his 3 star strikers? I think Sydney FC could've won against the Mariners if Petrovski had played, along with Yorke and Zdrilic...
Zdrilic needs to be ousted.

I prefer Yorke, Petrovski and Middleby over Yorke, Petrovski, Zdrilic.

SPOILERS AHEAD!!

Queensland Roar 1 v 1 Melbourne Victory ... FULL TIME

Newcastle Jets 4 v 0 New Zealand Knights ... 80 minutes gone.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
At the moment, Newcastle is the best team by far.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Komit said:
At the moment, Newcastle is the best team by far.
I cant say any team is better than the other yet. I dont know if I can say there is inconsistency, I think it might be the closeness of the teams strength. Many may critisise the salary cap, but its made for an interesting league, for the neutral fan like me anyway. Id say i'm just as, if not more interested in the a-league as any league in Europe

Edit= just watched the newcastle- nz game. Boring. Newcastle werent outstanding, but clinical. They finished all their opportunities, but with no flair. NZ defence was shit. Id say some state premier league defences would have held up better. CCM must be spewing after watching this game

Last edited:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
seeing some of the "quality" of some of the players in A-League is making me anxious for my call up (i.e. even im better than some of them)

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
braad said:
seeing some of the "quality" of some of the players in A-League is making me anxious for my call up (i.e. even im better than some of them)

thats a bit harsh (unless you play in a state prem league team, in that case you may well be. some players ive seen would be a great find for a-league clubs). Are peoples standards too high from watching epl and serie a compared to our league? Coz what ive seen has been pretty good. any game that has featured nz has been shit, as the other clubs play to a lower standard against them, but perth-adelaide was great, and queensland and sydney will be great. yeah, some of the players are shit, but arsenal pay pascal cygan $60000 a week, a player that deserves to be in 3rd division (btw how has he got 2 goals this year? did they bounce off him and go in?) and we are getting those shit players youre talking bout for that pay a year.

i think youll be anxious for a while.

Last edited:
HSC
braad said:
I might take that statement seriously when i see you playing in the A-League...

Honestly, you can't compare a league which hasn't even finished its first season with well-established international competitions. Obviously the A-league isn't gonna be perfect and needs refinement. Give it some time, give it a chance.

And if you're so good, why don't you play? ;)

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Only got to watch snippets of the Sydney/Queensland game, and wasnt in the fittest of states while watching it, but it was a cracker of a game. Sydney have finally played a match to the same quality of the players in it. Huge crowd as well, i think it was 25000.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)