The Football Thread (2 Viewers)

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
yay sydney fc beat nz...go us...as for ^ choose sydney fc...qld suck

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Slip, seems to me you know a lot about Brisbane Lions but nothing about Queensland Roar or the A-League. Just shut up - your arguments are stupid. Chad Gibson playe for Bankstown City Lions last season - just because I've talked to him and know him doesn't mean I know everything about Qld Roar. The fact is, the A-League is the amalgamation of the best ex-NSL players with some no-name Europeans and to actually know something about the players and the clubs you would have had to be an NSL supporter - not merely play in the Brisbane Lions junior system.

Cove Member? HA! They are fucking hopeless. You can barely hear them and when you do hear them it's just "Come on Sydney, Come on Sydney....." They have goo dnumbers but no voice. The Bankstown City Lions supporter group is way smaller but about 100 times as vocal. The Cove = Stiff Anglos.

Last edited:

slip

HSC
i cant be bothered with this arguement anymore, what i said i said when i was pretty pissed off at other things, and i just used this to take it out. some of what i said was pretty stupid, so i guess im sorry for that. but i still stand by my views of the qld roar.

Last edited:

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Central Coast Mariners 1 v 1 Newcastle Jets

Mariners probably deserved to win and should have grabbed a winner in the second half, but missed their chances.

And currently, with 70 minutes played:

Melbourne Victory 1 v 2 Perth Glory

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Mariners-Jets game was really good.
Victory - Glory 2-2. Some good passing but the game didn't flow as well as today's other game.

In terms of quality - the best games were the Adelaide-Qld and Mariners-Jets games.

Goal of the week - Robbie Middleby's strike against NZ. Petrie's diving header against Newcastle was nice too.

Top 3 Players of the Week:

1. Johnny Richter
2. Andre Gumprecht
3. Kevin Muscat (even though I hate him)

T

timbk2

only 5000-6000 turned up to CCM vs NJ game.. pretty poor. The weather didnt help, but you'd expect the much hyped 'local derby' would draw a bigger crowd.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Weather, Father's Day, Local Soccer competitions........

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Komit said:
Weather, Father's Day, Local Soccer competitions........
Yeah, all those reasons were used by the CEO of the Mariners.

It's a load of crap, dude.

Every other team got over 10000 in their first home match ... bar NZ, who had 9800 or so.

The weather was bad, yes. And it was Fathers' Day. But that surely cannot contribute to a crowd figure less than half of what was expected.

It continues a recent run of poor crowds at Express Advocate. From memory, the crowd to watch the pre-season cup final was only a few thousand as well.

The Central Coast Mariners really have some thinking to do. After all, they are still the club with the least number of season ticket holders in the A-League. Even New Zealand Knights are ahead of them.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Central Coast had the highest Pre-Season Crowds.

Those 5 000 were hardcore supporters - which is a good sign.

They have the best and most active supporter group - the Marinators.

They have an awesome team.

......They'll be fine :)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Does anyone have highlights of last night's match between Melbourne and Adelaide?

Because personally, it would be cool to see the fastest goal in A-League history so far ... and it will probably remain the fastest goal for seasons.

If anyone does, please post it up here.

Thanks in advance!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Awesome. Thanks!

And OMG New Zealand 2 def. 0 Central Coast!!

The A-League is wide open! Hahahaha.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
The A-League is shit. I'm very disappointed with the quality of this weekend's football and the attendance was atrocious.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Komit said:
The A-League is shit. I'm very disappointed with the quality of this weekend's football and the attendance was atrocious.
Hehe Komit's just an angry Mariners supporter.

It must suck being the first team to lose to the sheep-shaggers, eh? :p :p

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I don't support any A-League team. I'm disappointed with the quality of football overall and the attendance and atmosphere at this weekend's games, that's all.

slip

HSC
Is it just me or is it suddenly abit quite down south? I cant hear anything coming from sydney?

2-1.

w00t. crowd was half decent. but im worried how quickly crowds are dropping.

expect crowds in perth, adelaide, sydney to increase soon thou. brisbane hasnt really clashed with the afl or league and melbourne sold out anyway.

makes me worry about the central coast thou. whether wasnt too bad last night and the only got 5000 again.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Riddles said:
go sydney FC
they are so gonna kick arse this sunday against the jets, and i'll be there to watch it happen.
seat 19, row F, eastern side of energy australia stadium
Your day must have sucked.

HSC
My internet isn't working properly... someone tell me the story behind the red cards at today's match!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)