The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

$95 for a concession season ticket for the wanderers. I bought one, im still smiling that by being a year 12 student it will only cost me $8 per game for the whole season. just entry to the two derbies and the membership package for that price would have been stunning let alone the whole season

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: The Official Football Thread

Only 9 days to go until the Premier League starts.

Also quite chuffed to be watching Newcastle in the Europa League as well.

deswa1

HSC

Only 9 days to go until the Premier League starts.

Also quite chuffed to be watching Newcastle in the Europa League as well.
Is it really that close? Wow- some late nights coming up given its post trials haha

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Is it really that close? Wow- some late nights coming up given its post trials haha
Staying up for a game at 2AM is something I've certainly missed over the past few months. Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things soon.

deswa1

HSC

Staying up for a game at 2AM is something I've certainly missed over the past few months. Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things soon.
Oh I hate those 2 am ones personally. They're too late to be able to stay up for personally and they're too early that you can't just stay up when its done. My favourites are the 9 p.m ones and the morning (like 5 am Champions League ones). The 7 am ones suck because of school.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Oh I hate those 2 am ones personally. They're too late to be able to stay up for personally and they're too early that you can't just stay up when its done. My favourites are the 9 p.m ones and the morning (like 5 am Champions League ones). The 7 am ones suck because of school.
I've gotten use to it after watching so many matches at that time that it becomes a breeze. I remember when I started watching Newcastle, I would doze off once in every few matches. Not anymore I say.

Can't believe I'm entering my fifth season supporting the club.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad

I've gotten use to it after watching so many matches at that time that it becomes a breeze. I remember when I started watching Newcastle, I would doze off once in every few matches. Not anymore I say.

Can't believe I'm entering my fifth season supporting the club.
You support Newcastle? How's the transfer market going, I heard your club failed with bids for Douglas, Anita, Debuchy.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

You support Newcastle? How's the transfer market going, I heard your club failed with bids for Douglas, Anita, Debuchy.
Definitely put in a bid around 4.5m for Debuchy but got knocked back. I think it's worth putting in a 6m bid as it's closer to their evaluation and he's certainly worth that much. We're interested in Douglas and Anita but not too sure how far we've gone pursuing those two.

We've bought Amalfitano, Bigirimana and Good so far. Decent additions considering the Europa League campaign coming up.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Rewatched this video.

I'm really looking forward to some more drama this season.

deswa1

HSC

Rewatched this video.

I'm really looking forward to some more drama this season.
Remember watching this game live OMG. As Liverpool fans, when Aguero scored, we all went nuts- that was amazing. The match on the whole was so boring though, I remember almost falling asleep but that ending...

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Remember watching this game live OMG. As Liverpool fans, when Aguero scored, we all went nuts- that was amazing. The match on the whole was so boring though, I remember almost falling asleep but that ending...
The only thing of note I saw live that night was a Tim Cahill red card unfortunately.

Looks like we are very close to getting Anita over the line now.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

I remember this match vividly. I was seriously on the verge of tears when that Tiote goal went in.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC

I remember this match vividly. I was seriously on the verge of tears when that Tiote goal went in.

As an Arsenal fan......

Enough said really

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

As an Arsenal fan......

Enough said really
I recall that after that match, you guys went on a horrible run of games which extended into the next season. That match was a massive confidence killer for Arsenal.

Edit: Waiting on the 2012/13 home kit to come through the mail.

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Fabrice Muamba has just announced his retirement.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

the new newcastle united home kit is wonderful, probably the better than their adidas stuff
Yeah, we've been with Puma since 2010-11 and their kits have been fairly solid. We have a reputation of hating our kits initially but they tend to grow on us. For example, look at the yellow away kit (the banana kit) we had during our season in the Championship. When it was first launched, it kind of felt like another blow because it just looked so ridiculous but now I have nothing but fond memories of that kit.

Anyway, there's been some movement in the transfer market.

Van Persie to Manchester United and Modric to Real Madrid both look like goers.

Anita had his medical yesterday and looks set to sign.

Any opinions Rodwell's move to Manchester City and the proposed transfer of Mirallas to Everton?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Edit:

http://imgur.com/a/y3P2C

And a few more photos which will bring a tear to an Arsenal fan's eyes.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)