The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Steve McMahon was finally sacked. About time, I would like to see a competitivr Perth team. Apparently he is baffled by his sacking...
any suggested replacements?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
politik said:
Will Sydney beat Saprissa? Hopefully, but it will be hard.
oh yeah, i reckon we'd at least put up a good fight

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
braad said:
any suggested replacements?
Havent heard of any yet, but hopefully not another League Two washed up manager. Our league is better than that.

nedzelic

HSC
nick theodorakopolus would be my choice. an australian manager please!!!!!!!!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
you'd have to say he's a very strong candidate...experience, he is australian and he isnt old

he'd go down a treat (especially compared to Mcmahon) and people respect him

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
possibly...it's just crap that they took time out for CWC and christmas

depends also on what happens after the break, refreshed players could add spark, and show what they're capable....now after they've become somewhat used to the nerves they would've had when the league started

Tolrs

HSC
Is anyone else trying to claim that Sydney FC are the 5th best team in the world. I am.

Plus, is it wrong to wish sickness on Schwartza* even though he got us into the world cup (single-handedly). I really want to see Bolton face off against Brazil.

Also, Dave Carney would be great for the world cup, and Sacha as well. But they would need to learn more consistency. They play great every few games, but then they have a game or 2 of to have a break.

Finally, 3 cheers for the Sydney Boys on their return to Australia, they did the A-League and the cove proud.

*Thats how I choose to spell it.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
You're nuts. Sydney FC played very strongly but don't be stupid.

I'd try and get Mich D'Avray back, but he is still cut that everyone was being a dick to him. Theo would be a good choice, I guess - but I sometime sget the feeling that he is too much talk and no action.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Not only would Schwarz need to be injured, so too would Spider, the guy that plays for Hammarby in Sweden, and then Filan, and then Brad Jones...

Diddimz

HSC
really boltons chance of a run for australia are roughly the same as bJ_Bhoy 87's at the moment. We have to many decent keepers really.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
His chances must be really stuffed then. I havent pulled the gloves on for weeks and Im so unfit right now its a worry. I think I might start training now, just so I can survive the pre season flogging coaches seem to enjoy inflicting.

Thats why I sympathise with Didulica a little. He could never see the top spot up for grabs, and Soccer Australia at the time didnt give a shit about him, so why not defect? (I still think Simunic and Seric are fucks for going over tho). But, Bolton may one day be the best prospect for the job. It wont come for a while tho.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Ante Covic is shit. I remember seeing him play for APIA Leichardt and he was nothing special - but maybe he has improved heaps.

The old organisation of Australian football is to blame for losing these players so you can't really say that about the players. When you aren't being noticed and rejected, what else can you do?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Tolrs said:
Is anyone else trying to claim that Sydney FC are the 5th best team in the world. I am.

Plus, is it wrong to wish sickness on Schwartza* even though he got us into the world cup (single-handedly). I really want to see Bolton face off against Brazil.

Also, Dave Carney would be great for the world cup, and Sacha as well. But they would need to learn more consistency. They play great every few games, but then they have a game or 2 of to have a break.

Finally, 3 cheers for the Sydney Boys on their return to Australia, they did the A-League and the cove proud.

*Thats how I choose to spell it.

hahaha...oh dear, def. not sacha

nedzelic

HSC
Diddimz said:
really boltons chance of a run for australia are roughly the same as bJ_Bhoy 87's at the moment. We have to many decent keepers really.

bolton's kaka

hey! borsque to sydney, reportedly. fuck that would be a big move; bad for the league though

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
nedzelic said:
hey! borsque to sydney, reportedly. fuck that would be a big move; bad for the league though
Yeah, because what we really need is yet another striker ..

I guess, if this is true, Littbarski really is telling Zdrillic to pack his bags and leave as soon as possible.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Perhaps Brosque coming south would be a good thing. Heaven knows why he hasnt found the back of the net more often up north, and its not as if he hasnt had the chance. Pierre might find his prowess the showed us when he single handedly saved Westerlo from relegation. And then Bleiberg can spend up on a striker that can put Queensland (i still refuse to call them by their nickname) firmly into the top four.

Pity bout Zdrillic so far. I remember seeing him play for the dees a bit, and he was their best striker. Perhaps its best for him to leave as well and find form with another club.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)