Re: The Official Football Thread

Reports are suggesting Ozil will move to Arsenal for £42.5m

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

Reports are suggesting Ozil will move to Arsenal for £42.5m
doubt it, no one wants to go to this club, they have been relegated to bronze ware, not even that :D

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

This transfer window has been absolutely awful as a Newcastle fan.

We finish 16th, get rid of three useful squad players and bring in one player (albeit a good player) on loan.

The squad itself is weaker than it was at the beginning of the window with a prevailing issue last season being that we didn't have a strong squad to begin with.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A

This transfer window has been absolutely awful as a Newcastle fan.

We finish 16th, get rid of three useful squad players and bring in one player (albeit a good player) on loan.

The squad itself is weaker than it was at the beginning of the window with a prevailing issue last season being that we didn't have a strong squad to begin with.
all started way back when Ba moved to chelsea

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

all started way back when Ba moved to chelsea
Not really tbh.

We started the Europa League with a small squad to begin with. While we got rid of Ba, we brought in a fair few number of players during the winter transfer window so I didn't particularly mind that sale.

crazy_paki123

HSC

OMFG WE GPT FELLAINI WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!! Finally another CDM to help out Carrick, something United has been crying out for since Keane and Scholes left. YES YES YES! Anywho, this has got to be the team XI now (when all fit)
De Gea
Rafael Vidic Ferdiand Evra
Carrick Fellaini
Nani/Valencia Kagawa Rooney
RVP

crazy_paki123

HSC

Also well done to Arsenal for landing Ozil, theyll be hard to beat now, so will United :)), AND watch Madrid crash and burn now, sure Ronaldo scores the goals, but Ozil was their mst important player, hae was the provider, ahaha suck it Madrid

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

:cry: :cry: :cry:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

So now finally Blatter admits that awarding the 2022 World Cup to Qatar was a mistake.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-mistake-in-awarding-qatar-the-2022-world-cup

Seems a moot point to talk about football not being a sport just for Europeans and South Americans in this context considering all the bids for WC2022 were from countries in the AFC or CONCACAF (due to restrictions on consecutive WCs from the last two preceding events.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

So now finally Blatter admits that awarding the 2022 World Cup to Qatar was a mistake.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-mistake-in-awarding-qatar-the-2022-world-cup

Seems a moot point to talk about football not being a sport just for Europeans and South Americans in this context considering all the bids for WC2022 were from countries in the AFC or CONCACAF (due to restrictions on consecutive WCs from the last two preceding events.
I bet Blatter was paid a decent amount.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

It didn't look like Utd really took the game to City last night.

You're playing away, but if you want to be in the contention for games like that, you have to be willing to push players forward. The attacking movement of the team was poor and City marked them extremely well so any opportunities fizzled out extremely quickly.

Not a positive start from Moyes.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

It didn't look like Utd really took the game to City last night.

You're playing away, but if you want to be in the contention for games like that, you have to be willing to push players forward. The attacking movement of the team was poor and City marked them extremely well so any opportunities fizzled out extremely quickly.

Not a positive start from Moyes.
I would be teasing UTD right now, but i'm in no position to at the moment. Liverpool played awful...

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Credit to QPR for going on an 8 game run without a loss.

I was surprised to see Redknapp stay at QPR but it looks like they might bounce back straight away.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

moyes..... -_------------------
Give him time, problem with utd supporters it that you expect to win all the time. You have to understand you're going through a time of transition, it might take a season or two to adjust.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Give him time, problem with utd supporters it that you expect to win all the time. You have to understand you're going through a time of transition, it might take a season or two to adjust.
This is true.

Everyone knew that Ferguson leaving would be a step back regardless of whoever was appointed. Ferguson was a perfect fit for a club and there's no manager on Earth could keep up what he was doing for the past few decades.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A

yeah true that, plus City was playing an A class game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)