The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

samuelblayden

Newcstle Knights 2006
HSC
transcendent said:
The first official A-League game starts this Sunday, 28th of August.

Teams are:
Sydney FC
Melbourne Victory
Newcastle Jets
Central Coast Mariners
Adelaide United
Perth Glory
Queensland Roar
New Zealand Knights

Good luck to all teams and hopefully this venture will be a success for soccer Australia.
I'll go for the NZ knights

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Fabregas jersey - I saw you walk by. I was right in front of the guys who were screaming at Muscat and were trying to start the Mexican wave. They were old Sydney Olympic supporters.................fucken bastards.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Komit, I've got a fair idea of where you guys were I think.

BOS meetup at the next home game maybe? I'm up for a BOS beer swigging comp at the Mariners game.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
LoL @ the A-League suckz site, that guy can't even make a convincin argument to why it suckz properly. Prob some 10 yr old kid who can't play football properly and gotta resort to bein a ruckman in Aussie Rulez.

Damn I missed out on somethin good, gotta go to the next Sydney home game.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
You have to go - HeCtic we'll be there. If Saso Petrovski scores youw ill be hearing Macedonian chants so you will be able to tell we are.

The A-League has also been successful in getting rid of ethnic violence. We (Bankstown City Lions) supporters were right in front of Sydney Olympic supporters and there was no problems whatsoever. There was only ethnic tension when we started the chant "ETHNIC TENSION!"

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
God, that was just about the most awesome live football game I've ever had the pleasure of going to.

It was brilliant . . . just brilliant.

It was a real shame watching us fall apart in the second half. There are some very, very serious issues with our defence, or lack thereof.

Archie Thompson really should have stolen the game from us in the 93rd minute with a one-on-one against Bolton. However, his left foot shot from the edge of the box skyed over the bar.

Melbourne are a fast, fit side. They were willing to absorb pressure and then counter-attack swiftly and dangerously. Only Bolton's brilliance in goal kept us from conceding two or three more goals courtesy of Thompson's boot.

However, Littbarski, being the world class coach that he is, should solve these defensive issues.

Onto New Zealand next week, in what *should* be a three or four goal victory.

Come on, Sydney! Time to register win number one for the season proper!

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Where's the Sydney FC home stadium? Where do you pay for tickets? Where can you get A League merchandise?

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
transcendent said:
Where's the Sydney FC home stadium? Where do you pay for tickets? Where can you get A League merchandise?
Aussie Stadium (used to be called the SFS). It's in Moore Park, just off Anzac Parade in Sydney.

You can buy tickets over the net at Ticketek's website or at the A-League website. Alternatively, you can rock up to the stadium on the day and buy them there.

A-League merchandise should be found in all major sports stores by now. If not, then presumably soccer-specific stores should sell them. In saying this, I've only ever seen two stores that only sell stuff related to football in my life. One is around Maroubra (near my uncle's house).

If you can't find merchandise there, when you come to the Sydney FC games, they sell our merchandise there.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Komit said:
You have to go - HeCtic we'll be there. If Saso Petrovski scores youw ill be hearing Macedonian chants so you will be able to tell we are.

The A-League has also been successful in getting rid of ethnic violence. We (Bankstown City Lions) supporters were right in front of Sydney Olympic supporters and there was no problems whatsoever. There was only ethnic tension when we started the chant "ETHNIC TENSION!"
LoL bloody ethnicz.

What ticketz do you guyz get...? $10 $15 or the $20...?

T

timbk2

rebel has pretty much all the A-League merchandise u'll need. otherwise.. i hear the official A-league online store is going to be opened tommorow on all the club pages and the main page a-league.com.au

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
God, that was just about the most awesome live football game I've ever had the pleasure of going to.

It was brilliant . . . just brilliant.

It was a real shame watching us fall apart in the second half. There are some very, very serious issues with our defence, or lack thereof.

Archie Thompson really should have stolen the game from us in the 93rd minute with a one-on-one against Bolton. However, his left foot shot from the edge of the box skyed over the bar.

Melbourne are a fast, fit side. They were willing to absorb pressure and then counter-attack swiftly and dangerously. Only Bolton's brilliance in goal kept us from conceding two or three more goals courtesy of Thompson's boot.

However, Littbarski, being the world class coach that he is, should solve these defensive issues.

Onto New Zealand next week, in what *should* be a three or four goal victory.

Come on, Sydney! Time to register win number one for the season proper!
Yes, we were practically giving the balls to Melbourne at one stage.
It was frustrating.

Also, the 'Large' Sydney FC teddy bears weren't large at all, they were tiny.
Does anyone know if Sydney FC has a mascot?

BOS meetup, hey? ;) I'm up for it if i'm not the only girl.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Game is in 3 weeks, plenty of time. Tickets are dirt cheap, no reason not to get A reserve at student prices!

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Tickets are cheap, but do not wait to buy them at the door - you will get turned off by the crowd and I don't think they will let people in so for free next time - so get them from ticketek. A-League merchandise can be bought from Rebel or, if you live out west, go to Valentine Park (SoccerNSW headquarters and Sydney FC training grounds) in Glenwood at the Soccer Wearhouse. I live like 10 seconds from Valentine Park but I will not help the A-League or any A-League clubs generate revenue other than from ticket sales. I'll go to the games, support them but I will not help them out as they have forced NSW teams to have to struggle more than they have to.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
So far, Littbarski has shown rather poor coaching. Playing an attacking formation with Dwight Yorke supporting Zdrilic and Petrovski was a mistake. He should have played Dwight Yorke and Petrovski up front and fielded and stronger midfield as they got absolutely hammered technically and physically. Littbarski should have recognised that Merrick was playing tougher midfield in playing Pantelidis instead of Richard Kitzbichler. Ultimately, the problems were with the midfield and not the defenders. Additionally, Packer and Carney managed to make good runs down the wings - but the crossing was hopeless. As for the defence - no matter how good defenders you have, Archie Thompson will always be threatening as he is near impossible to contain.

Last edited:

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Komit said:
Tickets are cheap, but do not wait to buy them at the door - you will get turned off by the crowd and I don't think they will let people in so for free next time - so get them from ticketek. A-League merchandise can be bought from Rebel or, if you live out west, go to Valentine Park (SoccerNSW headquarters and Sydney FC training grounds) in Glenwood at the Soccer Wearhouse. I live like 10 seconds from Valentine Park but I will not help the A-League or any A-League clubs generate revenue other than from ticket sales. I'll go to the games, support them but I will not help them out as they have forced NSW teams to have to struggle more than they have to.
Do you get out to watch the Premier Youth League finals right now? My brother was playing there last week in the U/16s, but they got knocked out. He is actually in the NSW U/16 team.

THEY (the FFA) haven't forced NSW teams to struggle more than they have to. Despite the new management in place, politics still played a huge part in the organisation of this competition.

Originally, it was supposed to be a "one state - one team" approach. But miraculously, Newcaslte and Central Coast managed to get into the competition... this is after Wollongong made a bid but were rejected. And if it's not sinister that two teams an hour apart from each other and within 90 minutes of Sydney can manage to get their teams into the competition, then 'sinister' has lost all meaning.

Granted, FFA should have been firm enough to tell the Jets and the Mariners to piss off, and it seemed like they either didn't have the balls, or they badly needed the money which obviously came their way.

In any case, I don't think Sydney are going to lose too many supporters to Central Coast or Newcastle. The other two clubs will always be in our shadow from now on, and it has certainly cast a pall over the A-League on the Eastern Seaboard.

In the meantime, though, I reckon we should just enjoy the ride for now.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
I was actually looking forward to seeing Kitbichler play. Would've loved to seen a guy take some players on, but obviously being away from home Pantelidis got the nod, and he looked very solid too.

Thing is, I thought we actually looked quite good on the ball, but whenever we gace it away we looked very naive when trying to organise. Didn't help that Victory's counters were direct, slick and utilised their pacy players very well. Lucky that Archie couldn't finish otherwise it would've been an embaressing start for SFC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)