• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Football Thread (9 Viewers)

sk1001

HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

Groucho Marxist said:
You're hardly in a position to judge who's a bogan when you're calling Sydney FC faggots in the same breath.
Why do you say that?

Adelaide is full of bogans, Sydney is full of faggots. I thought it was common knowledge.

ZaraKu

HSC

Groucho Marxist said:
Nope. Grade-A prick on and off the field.
That's where your wrong my friend, I've met him a few times off field and everytime he's been nothing but friendly, even a bit quiet (a vast contrast to his on field side). And if you want a "dirty" player, have Perth's Adrian Trinidad, a.k.a "The Diver".

No one can disagree that his actons define a dirty player.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC

ZaraKu said:
That's where your wrong my friend, I've met him a few times off field and everytime he's been nothing but friendly, even a bit quiet (a vast contrast to his on field side). And if you want a "dirty" player, have Perth's Adrian Trinidad, a.k.a "The Diver".

No one can disagree that his actons define a dirty player.
Diving isn't dirty, it's stupid. It's also the pretty accepted across the European leagues.

Physical attacks (two legged slide tackles, punching linesmen) are much dirtier.

HSC

2009 AFC Champions League Draw

Group A
Al Hilal
Bunyodkor
Al Ahli (UAE)
Saba Battery

Group B
Persepolis
Al Shabab (KSA)
Al Gharafa
Sharjah (United Arab Emirates) OR Dempo (India)

Group C
Al Jazira
Esteghlal
Al Ittihad
Umm Salal

Group D
Pakhtakor
Al Shabab (UAE)
Sepahan
Al Ettifaq

Group E
Ulsan Hyundai
Newcastle Jets
Beijing Guoan
Nagoya Grampus

Group F
Gamba Osaka
FC Seoul
Sriwijaya
Shandong Luneng

Group G
Shanghai Shenhua
PSMS Medan (Indonesia) OR Singapore Armed Forces (Singapore) OR Provincial Electrcity Authority (Thailand)
Kashima Antlers
Suwon Bluewings

Group H
Central Coast Mariners
Tianjin Teda
Kawasaki Frontale
Pohang Steelers

ZaraKu

HSC

I think I have to admit we're possibly screwed... Where's good old Nick Carle and Milton Rodriguez and Northy... God the old days were good, now I have to also admit the teams fallen to bits no thanks to players leaving for Sydney (I mean Bling Shit FC) and overseas teams

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC

Isn't it weird how by the time the champions of the A-league are drawn into the AFC, it is midway through the season and they are well down the table.

I am not going to say they cannot progress though. If a side as limited as Adelaide can make it to the final, anyone can.

On the A-League in general, it has just become stagnant. The adrenaline of the first two seasons has evaporated. The sooner we have a Brazilian domestic attitude that our best players will simply not wish to play in the country but rather in Europe and adjust accordingly is the day football really goes forward in this country. Then, players in the A-League have motivation to perform at the top level - specifically, youth are encouraged to see the A-League as a finishing school of sorts.

In time, European clubs will pay transfer fees that will be small to them (say $1 million) but massive to an Australian club. The money will become self perpetuating, leading to transfer fees, the eventual abolition of the salary cap, a higher standard of competition, and, hopefully, acceptance from the Australian public outside of Melbourne.

Or am i being too utopian?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC

I'm pretty happy about the draw for CCM.

We avoided Gamba Osaka, Shanghai Shenhua and FC Seoul.

Far too early to comment on potential form through the championship, but finishing well in this season is only going to help. Good thing that Adelaide and Melbourne are providing information on their experiences too.

ZaraKu

HSC

whatashotbyseve said:
Isn't it weird how by the time the champions of the A-league are drawn into the AFC, it is midway through the season and they are well down the table.

I am not going to say they cannot progress though. If a side as limited as Adelaide can make it to the final, anyone can.

On the A-League in general, it has just become stagnant. The adrenaline of the first two seasons has evaporated. The sooner we have a Brazilian domestic attitude that our best players will simply not wish to play in the country but rather in Europe and adjust accordingly is the day football really goes forward in this country. Then, players in the A-League have motivation to perform at the top level - specifically, youth are encouraged to see the A-League as a finishing school of sorts.

In time, European clubs will pay transfer fees that will be small to them (say $1 million) but massive to an Australian club. The money will become self perpetuating, leading to transfer fees, the eventual abolition of the salary cap, a higher standard of competition, and, hopefully, acceptance from the Australian public outside of Melbourne.

Or am i being too utopian?
No I think you have a valid point, we need to get rid of the salary cap, it is preventing teams from attracting more quality european players, and there does seem to be an "anti football" culture in NSW, mainly generated by alot of NRL purists.

sk1001

HSC

get rid of the salary cap and it will be a two team league, if that.

half the fucken teams are still under administration from the FFA for crying out loud.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC

sk1001 said:
Why do you say that?

Adelaide is full of bogans, Sydney is full of faggots. I thought it was common knowledge.
And Melbourne is full of fucking muzza's who think they are fully sick. That's a given fact. I've been and seen that shit.

ZaraKu

HSC

lol, I've never been to Melbourne but I've been told they seem to think that they're better than everyone else, esp. Sydney-siders

sk1001

HSC

icraig88 said:
And Melbourne is full of fucking muzza's who think they are fully sick. That's a given fact. I've been and seen that shit.
I would have to agree.

Nevertheless I would definately rather live in Melbourne than Sydney or Adelaide.

sk1001

HSC

ZaraKu said:
lol, I've never been to Melbourne but I've been told they seem to think that they're better than everyone else, esp. Sydney-siders
Well, such attitudes are justified certainly when the topic at hand is football.

ZaraKu

HSC

I'd rather live in France but hey, we can't always get what we want

sk1001

HSC

ZaraKu said:
I'd rather live in France but hey, we can't always get what we want
Why would you like to live in France? So you can turn over cars at night?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)