The Football Thread (4 Viewers)

Charizard

HSC
re: The Official Football Thread

LOL

it doesn't matter what age a keeper is. (regardless, dida is 35 and kalac is 36)

gourcuff, milan's best attacking midfielder? he's good... but have you heard of a guy called kaka?
Goalkeepers peak from 27-32, then they head downhill fast because there reflexes go to shit.

You can see lots of examples of this too, look at Buffon, he's 31, but hes slowly losing some of his ability, While Casillas is 27-8 and is starting to peak.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad

He doesn't create 30 million dollars of assists either.

This is so true, 30 mil was obviously too much! Fergie knew he made an error.

I reckon payin Joorachiabian 26 mil for Tevez would of been the better option over keeping Berbatov in a man u jersey.:music:

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

excuse me, but do u watch the news, transfers or anything??

I believe Kaka is a galacticos man at the moment, and i doubt he will come bak to AC Milan anytime soon.

Plus, yes, it does, u lose awareness and energy as u come of age when talking about goalkeepers, i've been to Football NSW and Australian Goalkeeping coaches, and i've talked to them about age, they said: "After the age of 32, a goalkeeper might become a legend at a top club, or become an absolute flop for a top club". :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

hahahahaha what does that even mean?

and goalkeepers get better with experience, age matters none until they're a few years out from 40.

HSC

excuse me, but do u watch the news, transfers or anything??

I believe Kaka is a galacticos man at the moment, and i doubt he will come bak to AC Milan anytime soon.

Plus, yes, it does, u lose awareness and energy as u come of age when talking about goalkeepers, i've been to Football NSW and Australian Goalkeeping coaches, and i've talked to them about age, they said: "After the age of 32, a goalkeeper might become a legend at a top club, or become an absolute flop for a top club". :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
you said they sold off their best attacking midfielder, gourcuff. they sold him before they sold kaka.

also, have a look at the two best keepers in the premier league: edwin van der sar (38) and mark schwarzer (36). both had the seasons of their lives.

HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

Sydney born and bred my friend. Good to see he has returned to where he belongs.
I mean could it get any better? Ryall even rhymes with Pedophile.
he only did it because of those slutty melbourne 13 year olds.

Charizard

HSC

I don't think anybody is arguing once your 35+ you're unfit to be a keeper.

Just that generally your reflexes start to fade quickly.

I know van der sar has been good lately but keep in mind, he knows he probably only has 2 years max left at the top level.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad

you said they sold off their best attacking midfielder, gourcuff. they sold him before they sold kaka.

also, have a look at the two best keepers in the premier league: edwin van der sar (38) and mark schwarzer (36). both had the seasons of their lives.
I agree with ur 'epl' goalie thing, but Van Der Sar knows that he is a legend, and know he will have to be extra fit to fight off competition from possibly England's No. 1 :haha: in Ben Foster.

Schwarzer is a beast, no wonder why Fulham made it into the Europa league!! :eek:

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad

I thought goalkeepers peaked from 32-37.
LOL, not all goalies peak that late. thats just a fact.

there are exclusions to this, as to what Groucho mentioned: Van Der Sar, Schwarzer, Cudinci (For chelsea)..his tottenham career is going to be short, Almunia's done well, Lehmann at the age of 38 was huge at Arsenal. :haha:

Charizard

HSC

lolz can't spell womb...

In another statement I actually must say I'm surprised that the Jets have made it into the knockout stage of the ACL, as much as I love them I can't see them getting as far as Adelaide did, but please Gary van Egmond, prove me wrong.
Spelling on BOS is serious business.

Also, Gary Van Egmond is no longer the coach of Newcastle, Branko Culina is smartass.

Charizard

HSC

Sydney will be the team to beat.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC

Spelling on BOS is serious business.

Also, Gary Van Egmond is no longer the coach of Newcastle, Branko Culina is smartass.
Dude he jumped ship to the AIS after the 31st May, which when she made the comment.

1 + 1 = 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)