The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

Charizard

HSC
re: The Official Football Thread

you better hope not.

congrats to australia and their record FIFA ranking of 14. i remember a few years ago when they were 50-something.

No transfers in for a year?

wouldn't be too different from Arsenal then.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad

No transfers in for a year?

wouldn't be too different from Arsenal then.
+1, I reckon one year will allow us to play in Stoch, Kakatu, Sinclair, BUT we will need to sign a younger mid-fielder in the form of Lampard/Ballack as they are both currently over the age of 30. :confused::confused::confused:

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

+1, I reckon one year will allow us to play in Stoch, Kakatu, Sinclair, BUT we will need to sign a younger mid-fielder in the form of Lampard/Ballack as they are both currently over the age of 30. :confused::confused::confused:
except we all know that won't happen. all those players will probably end up at west ham or aston villa and be replaced by gattuso and edmilson or someshit.

Charizard

HSC

yes but arsenal doesn't have an average team age of 40 and a virtually non-existent academy.
It's really only a 2 transfer window ban as it stands. I doubt the sqaud will change that much over that time anyway.

Abramovich will just spend like a cunt in a year's time, providing the ban stays.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad

except we all know that won't happen. all those players will probably end up at west ham or aston villa and be replaced by gattuso and edmilson or someshit.
Bahaha, Gattuso; srsly if that shit cunt ever signs for Chelsea, i will NEVER watch the premier league or support Chelsea again.

umm..as for Stoch, he will get his first-team chances, as he got to play 2-3 games under shitty old Scolari, and he did show alot of potential.

but, i have to agree, why doesnt chelsea SACK Arnesen, he's done shit, while he's been the 'CHIEF' scout. the only top youth we sign, creates a 2 year ban for us, like seriously, GET A NEW SCOUT!! :blah:

Charizard

HSC

Yeah he is shit.

Did he scout Mancienne but ?

He'll be a a good player over time. He's only young and he already starts everyweek at Wolverhampton.

Roy9

HSC

Great work by Verbeek only making 1 substitute in a friendly (I don't really count the late Milligan injury as a sub)

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad

NICE!! hopefully Man UTD get a ban of transfers; lets see how there supporters feel.

BUT, then again, Ferguson has developed a brilliant academy, as there are so many current former Man Utd trainees/ reserves at other English Clubs.

Farout, Chelsea, get some more youth, apart from Mancienne...HAVE WE DEVELOPED anyone ELSE?? as I highly doubt any of the players from the reserves, apart from FABIO BORINI (Italy Under 17 or 19 Int.), RHYS TAYLOR (Wales Under 21 Int.) and FABIO FERREIRA (Portugal Under 17 or 19 Int.) are even worth the wait.

Lastly, Why did we sell Frank Nouble to West Ham, he couda been a very powerful mid within a few seasons. :confused::confused:

Charizard

HSC

The reason you don't see a huge amount of homegrown talent at chelsea is because the squad is to strong for them to break into. I'm sure considering the money we spend we have players that would be getting game time at lower epl or championship clubs and oding well.

But as good as players like stoch, Kakuta or mancienne may be, are they really now or ever going to be better then Malouda, Lampard or Terry. Probably not, and since Chelsea have cash, it's not a problem, they can just buy somebody elses rising stars.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad

The reason you don't see a huge amount of homegrown talent at chelsea is because the squad is to strong for them to break into. I'm sure considering the money we spend we have players that would be getting game time at lower epl or championship clubs and oding well.

But as good as players like stoch, Kakuta or mancienne may be, are they really now or ever going to be better then Malouda, Lampard or Terry. Probably not, and since Chelsea have cash, it's not a problem, they can just buy somebody elses rising stars.
Yeh, ur right.

What would you say about Buying Aguero as a replacement for our Target Man DROGBA (after his contract finishes in 2010)? :blah:

Charizard

HSC

Yeh, ur right.

What would you say about Buying Aguero as a replacement for our Target Man DROGBA (after his contract finishes in 2010)? :blah:
Well, Aguero is not a target man so it would require a shift in strategy.

Aguero is an amazing player, great ball skills, but the biggest concern is the ridiculous high fee he would cost, his reluctance to leave atletico madri, and the fact that there is always a risk with these type of player that they won't adapt to the EPL.

That said, i'd still have him in a heartbeat, but he wouldn't be a replacement for drogba, he more of a rich man's anelka.

blackfoxx

HSC

Either way, I'm not sure if you guys have read but Chelsea have a transfer ban til 2011. Theyre appealing for it ofcourse.

louy

HSC
N/A

another very impressive performance from Campelo's England team beating Croatia 5 - 1.

I remember I was in England 2 years ago when Croatia ended Englands Euro qualification. Everyone saw how cr@p and useless McClaren was and he destroyed the England teams confidence and spirit. They have now improved massively andd miles ahead of themselves back then

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad

another very impressive performance from Campelo's England team beating Croatia 5 - 1.

I remember I was in England 2 years ago when Croatia ended Englands Euro qualification. Everyone saw how cr@p and useless McClaren was and he destroyed the England teams confidence and spirit. They have now improved massively andd miles ahead of themselves back then
so true, McClaren was a piece of shit, with Capello, England will be able to go to the World Cup Final..(maybe not winning the trophy...as they have a goalkeeper issue) :confused::confused:

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

nah, cappelo has done well, but hiddink is in a class of his own imo.

mcclaren will always be of middlesbrough (or fc twente) quality.

joe hart for the england number 1 jersey.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)