The Football Thread (2 Viewers)

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
We got pwned so hard today ... how the hell does a team get given 4 yellow cards, 1 red card and concedes 2 penalties ... out of 10 fouls all up?!?

Quite an unpredictable league ... which is good.
the refs are giving all fouls cards these days. take it easy fellas, if you were in europe there would have been a pitch invasion by now

i didnt watch any football over the weekend, but i couldnt believe the results. i love that the league is so unpredictable, especially as im a neutral. seven of the teams could claim the title, compare that to europe where most leagues are a one horse race

DPW

HSC
Wow, I cant beleive theres actually talk about the A-League in here. Who here stands and sings in the Cove? Tomorrow night in the rain against NZ is going to be tough to pull a crowd although against the Coasties in the rain it was stil 15000. Cant wait anyway. Sydney 5-0.

DANE

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Fuck the Cove. The A-League is good, but as soon as the NSW Premier League starts next year I wont be following it as much.

DAVID ZDRILLIC???!!! Are you crazy? He is fucken hopeless.

DPW

HSC
Fuck the Cove? NSWPL? Come on mate. Which team do you follow and do you mind if I ask if you have an international background that allows you to identify with a team? As a follower of the old NSL (SPIRIT!!!) I couldnt identify with anyone else because it was all overseas stuff.

I do however agree with you about Z-drillic. He is shit! I made the sig just as we signed him.

DANE

Numero Uno

HSC
lol NSWPL is looking awful next year , there was no real change , still same boring old club, though its good that sutherland got promoted

Btw Zdrillic is shit, so is Petrovksi

Yorke is Ok

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Numero Uno said:
Petrovksi is still shit though :)
even if he did score
He's scored three goals this season.

All six yard screamers.

Then again, that's all Ruud van Nistelrooy does, and people seem to think that he's half-decent.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
DPW, Bankstown City Lions. Yes, I do have a nationality that ties me to this team but I've also been going to their games since I was 3 years old. You've been to 4 Sydney FC home games and you think you love the club. Don't get me wrong, I am excited that people are gaining a genuine interest in football but there are too many dickheads who want get rid of the ethnicity in Australian football when it isn't all that bad - it's just the media who blows everything out of proportion.

The NSWPL will be the best ever and will be second only to the A-League. As for Sutherland being accepted, I'm very disappointed that they have taken place of teams such as St George or Bonnyrigg, but I guess Sutherland met the criteria and that's all that matters. I hoppe they can live up to their expectations because there is a lot of unhappy parties in regards to their inclusion.

Yeah, Petrovski is shit - way past is due date. He belongs back at Bankstown :).

DPW

HSC
I respect you for sticking with your team but I disagree with you about your comment of the ethnicity thing. It can never grow. I witnessed it first hand as a follower of the NSL with diminishing crowd numbers and having noone to identify with. I was a Northern Spirit fan.... yes bag me ill take it.... and cannot follow them now because they are dead. I will be with Sydney FC for many years to come and look forward to watching the club as well as the sport, grow.

I read that they were doing the NSWPL all geographically and that Olympic and someone else other than Sutho were the reason the Saints got kicked out. I disagree with that bigtime. Can you imagine if Johnny Warren was still alive?

Last night FC vs NZ was fair poor but it rained all week prior and it was aganst the cellar dwellers. I look forward to next week against the Jets. Should I go even though I have IPT and SDD exams 2 days later?????

DANE

Numero Uno

HSC
Komit said:
The NSWPL will be the best ever and will be second only to the A-League. As for Sutherland being accepted, I'm very disappointed that they have taken place of teams such as St George or Bonnyrigg, but I guess Sutherland met the criteria and that's all that matters. I hoppe they can live up to their expectations because there is a lot of unhappy parties in regards to their inclusion.
lol im sure ur pissed of that rockdale arent in the NSWPL as well. :)

Will see how it goes though .. theres been alot of controversy about next years league .

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Fuck Rockdale. I am disappointed, but they weren't doing anything special.

Ethnic supporters is all the the NSW Premier League has and they can't aim to attract a whole new audience. However, it will be a tightly contested league which indeed has had a lot of controversy.

The geographical thing is a part of it - the main reason why Bonnyrigg weren't accepted. This club was making big strides - a new sports club, new stadium with top facilities - but because Marconi and Sydney United are in the area it was sort of inevitable. They are contesting this decision but I don't know on what legal grounds they can.

It will be a good competition regardless. Be sure to watch the weekly highlights show on Foxtel next year. :)

DPW

HSC
Sydney United, Marconi, A.P.I.A.-Leichhardt, Sutherland Sharks, Wollongong Wolves, Manly United F.C, Parramatta Eagles, Bankstown City, Blacktown City and Sydney Olympic F.C.

They are the teams in the NSWPL next season.

-----------

Did anyone go to the Sydney FC game last night?

DANE

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
does no one give a shit about the a-league? perhaps a spl thread might be better...

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
because if there was an spl thread, i'd be talking to myself there as well.

slip

HSC
its just alot of the focus on the australian game right now is on the socceroos. that generally gets discussed in the football thread.

anyways a-league matters

the fact that mori couldnt play against perth was stupid, they shouldnt just start playing by the rules one weekend. the key to good refereeing is consistency. that was a poor decision.

good to see perth win. qld dont seem to be able to get the results when they need them. its great that is such a tough league. hope that new zealand can start to perform a bit better.

i think for entertainment value a-league is nearly as good as any league in europe. alot of goals have been scored lately... plus its very tight at the top. not like germany england or italy at the moment.

DPW

HSC
Sydney vs NZ was quite poor. The crowd was poor (11 000) but it rained the whole day prior to the match. At least we got the 3 points and finally kept a clean sheet!!!!

Anyone else go to the match?

DANE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)