The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

Daisuke

HSC
Re: The Official Football Thread

Sack Rafa, bring in King Kenny as caretaker manager for the mean time.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

having 3 teams battle it out for supremacy is perfectly fine
the problem is when those 3 teams never change
and what do all the leagues that don't have a premier league-style oligarchy have in common?

they're shit.

if you want to sacrifice quality of play for an even playing field, buy an a-league season ticket.

LordPc

HSC

gotta get rafa out. he's a good tactician, but he buys too many flops in the transfer window

and what do all the leagues that don't have a premier league-style oligarchy have in common?

they're shit.

if you want to sacrifice quality of play for an even playing field, buy an a-league season ticket.
I know this was a little dig at me but its still lol

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC

they're shit.

i like the a-league...and quality doesnt mean enjoyment...look at the NBA im sure its heaps tactical but its boring as shit

kyokaku92

HSC

Why is everyone worried about Liverpool and how they're going?, bottom line is that the domination of the big 4 clubs in the EPL could soon be over (tipping in maybe a year or 2) with the emergence of teams such as Spurs, Man City, Villa, Everton, Fulham and Birmingham could soon be challenging for titles. Whether they can maintain that challenge is the question... I still reckon Tottenham are still looking good for 4th place at the end of the season

LordPc

HSC

Why is everyone worried about Liverpool and how they're going?, bottom line is that the domination of the big 4 clubs in the EPL could soon be over (tipping in maybe a year or 2) with the emergence of teams such as Spurs, Man City, Villa, Everton, Fulham and Birmingham could soon be challenging for titles. Whether they can maintain that challenge is the question... I still reckon Tottenham are still looking good for 4th place at the end of the season
whats your definition of "soon"?

i could see man city challenging for titles in the next 2-3 if they continue in their current path, but the rest still need something more for it to be a possibility

spurs/villa/everton winning the prem in the next 5 years is almost laughable. the difference between your arsenal/manu/chel squad and your spurs/villa/everton squad is too big atm. players like fabregas and rooney would make the 1st team at any club they played for. spurs/villa/everton dont have these kind of players

until they buy some or train some up, prem is outta the question (unless the chelsea plane crashes into the manu plane over an arsenal vs liverpool pre season friendly)

samwell

HSC

whats the point of EPL? its only ever 3 teams...
LOL go watch the la liga its only ever 2 teams and ligue 1 its been 1team for ages until last season also in bundesliga only been bayern until recently.
So in short i prefer 3-4 top teams who still give a thrill of "who's gonna win". Gotta admit watchin the red devils win for the past few seasons has been quite annoyin

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC

i could see man city challenging for titles in the next 2-3 if they continue in their current path, but the rest still need something more for it to be a possibility

spurs/villa/everton winning the prem in the next 5 years is almost laughable. the difference between your arsenal/manu/chel squad and your spurs/villa/everton squad is too big atm. players like fabregas and rooney would make the 1st team at any club they played for. spurs/villa/everton dont have these kind of players

until they buy some or train some up, prem is outta the question (unless the chelsea plane crashes into the manu plane over an arsenal vs liverpool pre season friendly)
spurs: kranjar, modric, defoe
villa: agbonlahor,
everton: arteta, cahill, fellaini, baines, rodwell, bilyaletdinov.

there's a few that pop into my head.

had everton not had such a poor start to the season and stricken with injuries all year they definately would be looking at champions league aspirations. looking at their matches against top 4 sides they did pretty well this season, only 2 where everton didn't deserve to win, against arsenal at goodison park and against united at old trafford. should've taken all 3 points at emirates and had the chance at stamford bridge. also having dominated liverpool in both games and having nothing to show for it.

another thing that kept everton out of the race for so long was poor results against teams like bolton (away), burnley (away), hull (away), wolves (home and away), birmingham (home and away), stoke (home). having lead against birmingham 2-0 and letting them get back in with a 2-2 draw and now west ham at home letting them take a point. these are all matches which should be won. these were the matches that really put everton well behind in contention for european football next season.

LordPc

HSC

im not saying they arent good, but i dont consider any of those players to be in the same league as a fabregas, rooney, torres, lampard, gerrard, drogba, etc.

not yet atleast

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

i like the a-league...and quality doesnt mean enjoyment...look at the NBA im sure its heaps tactical but its boring as shit
quality doesn't only mean enjoyment - it means everything. why do you watch the a-league say... over the NSW premier league?

and an NBA fan could very well say the same thing bout football.

this. man city have cash moneys, the others don't. in the long run that is all that matters.

the teams that do produce half-decent players will increasingly find themself at the mercy of the big 4. they can't offer the 'non-monetary' incentives (UCL, national team exposure, team rosters) the big 4 can and they certainly can't offer the salaries the big 4 can.

El Magnifico

HSC

can't offer the salaries the big 4 can.
Thats arguable, we unlike some clubs see the negatives of giving the Lampards/Terry/Tevez's ridiculous amount of money and that in the end it can only hurt football... we have wage structure and balance within the club ;)

A little known fact was that a few years back with the Emirates being developed we were operating under budget smaller then Tottenham and Everton and still not only stayed in the four but contested the title... it can be done.

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad

Hoping united can come back and take it out.

Last edited:

Roy9

HSC

Those are the only ones worth mentioning... even then Arteta, Fellaini and Modric are nowhere near the calibur of players that Cesc and Rooney are... the others you mentioned are laughable

Roy9

HSC

they certainly can't offer the salaries the big 4 can.
Spurs have spent a shitload of money and have a massive wage bill... but apart from them you're right

(excluding Man City, of course)

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC

quality doesn't only mean enjoyment - it means everything. why do you watch the a-league say... over the NSW premier league?

and an NBA fan could very well say the same thing bout football.

this. man city have cash moneys, the others don't. in the long run that is all that matters.

the teams that do produce half-decent players will increasingly find themself at the mercy of the big 4. they can't offer the 'non-monetary' incentives (UCL, national team exposure, team rosters) the big 4 can and they certainly can't offer the salaries the big 4 can.
because its not on TV...i used to play for kellyville when i was younger and the a-grade team were in the state league...division 4 or something but i used to go watch them play sometimes

LOL™

I invented "lol"
HSC

Those are the only ones worth mentioning... even then Arteta, Fellaini and Modric are nowhere near the calibur of players that Cesc and Rooney are... the others you mentioned are laughable
What about Milner? Hes having a great season.

kyokaku92

HSC

Messi 4-1 Arsenal, CSKA moscow 0-1 Inter

Imagine what would happen to Barcelona if Messi was injured... Wenger summed it up brilliantly, "He is like a Playstation player".

LordPc

HSC

Messi 4-1 Arsenal, CSKA moscow 0-1 Inter

Imagine what would happen to Barcelona if Messi was injured... Wenger summed it up brilliantly, "He is like a Playstation player".
thats part of what makes him so great

Torres would be a better player if he wasnt injured half the time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)