The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: The Official Football Thread

Very fortunate that Carroll scored for you guys today.

You guys just won by the skin of your teeth.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

Very fortunate that Carroll scored for you guys today.

You guys just won by the skin of your teeth.
out of all the players

just had to be carroll

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

west sydney a-league community tour is underway. it was at mounties club today and it went pretty well. next is in parramatta on tuesday the 17th.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

So Liverpool win the Merseyside Derby again to qualify for the FA Cup Finals.

At least for us, that pretty much confirms we will be playing in Europe next season thanks to Carroll.

Last edited:

will_

HSC
Uni Grad

So Liverpool win the Merseyside Derby again to qualify for the FA Cup Finals.

At least for us, that pretty much confirms we will be playing in Europe next season thanks to Carroll.
liverpool have shown in the past that the europa league is an unwanted distraction

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

liverpool have shown in the past that the europa league is an unwanted distraction
You have got to stay ambitious. I don't buy the whole argument about preferring to not getting into the Europa League because it's a distraction. You have to take every opportunity as they come.

LOL™

I invented "lol"
HSC

At the very least its a chance to bring some young players in. Like a european carling cup

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Also Liverpool haven't been Champions League standard for a few seasons now so I wouldn't have expected them to qualify anyway.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Looks like Wigan will avoid the drop once again.

lpower3

HSC

Looks like Wigan will avoid the drop once again.
glad to hear, loved watching them play this morning. they were unlucky not to beat man united by >1 goal on the weekend so i hope they continue good form..
still pretty poor when they can only get ~200 fans to an away game though..

manchester derby is starting to look big.. CITY :cool:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

i wouldnt mind if the bottom 3 stays the way it is. and it looks like reading and southampton will be coming up.
I wouldn't rule out West Ham yet. The FLC is always an open league from day one to the last.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Bayern 2 - 1 R. Madrid

Realista

HSC

The game was decent, pretty enjoyable to watch. However, let's leave aside all the controversial hand balls and offside - because either way Madrid played like shit most of the time. Our goal was more Bayern's fault rather than our attacking ability (4 defenders in front of the goalkeeper, not marking Ronaldo, or Ozil, or Benzema). Oh and Marcelo... I was wondering where Pepe was, but then I remembered if it ain't Pepe then it's Marcelo's turn to shine. Madrid's defence wasn't bad, however during almost every counter (Real's "speciality" recently) there was no help from the back, leaving Ronaldo, Di Maria and Benzema (usually only two at a time) to take on 4 to 5 defenders by themselves. 90% of the time that resulted in nothing. Coentrao was a waste, Marcelo should have played from the start. None of the players stood out. Ronaldo wasn't there to score a hat trick like against Atletico, carrying the entire team. Bayern's second goal... dunno how they allowed that to happen.

On the other hand in my opinion Lahm and Ribery did a pretty good job. Oh, and props to Madrid for getting themselves 6 yellow cards.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Chelsea 1 - 0 Barcelona

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)