• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Forum (1 Viewer)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
~untitled~ said:
*cringes* bum sweat.
Lol.

Cos it's any different from sweat somewhere else?

Em: Oh yeah, I go thar. But not much lately cos of work/cbf.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
The_highwayman said:
i think we're talking about different types of people.
ur talking about what is attractive in the real world.
i'm talking about what is in fashion.
I'm sick and high on cold drugs, so that's entirely possible.

I have zero attention span.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
OMG I have a cold TOO..sisterrrrrrrrrrs!

~untitled~: You suck..how long have you been dancing? I was never pushed into ballet or anything like that when I was little so I've always been heaps uncoordinated (well that's my theory anyway). I wish I did dancing but I feel like it's waaaaaaaaay too late now lol.

Chris: What do you do? Or..what DID you do? lol..Did you ever do any classes and stuff?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I just want my cold to pass fast enough to be able to drink hard at autonomy day.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I would say so..even if it started now..unless it's hardcore, but I'd still reckon you'd be right.

I have this pissweak one. That's like..not even a cold..but my nose keeps dribbling and it's annoying. Yum. Heyho red nose (I sound so attractive now hey :p).

blue_chameleon

HSC
em_516 said:
Chris: What do you do? Or..what DID you do? lol..Did you ever do any classes and stuff?
You're talking about the gym and not studies, right?

No classes lolghey. (Includes the cycle sessions.)

Just pretty much had a routine with a mate of 10 minutes on a bike, bench press, fly's, inclined press/peck deck, situps with medicine balls and then finish off with a game of 1on1 basketball (or any other guys on the courts).

Don't/didn't always do all those activities in the one gym session, just whatever we felt liek.

Like I said, haven't been for the past month or so. Feel so shit as a result.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Haha whoa I feel really out of my depth right now. Step one: flys? :S
Edit: My mate told me they help you make a program..what's that actually like? Do you just tell them what you want for your body and they tell you what exercises are best? Such a gym noob, damn itttt.

blue_chameleon

HSC
em_516 said:
Haha whoa I feel really out of my depth right now. Step one: flys? :S
Edit: My mate told me they help you make a program..what's that actually like? Do you just tell them what you want for your body and they tell you what exercises are best? Such a gym noob, damn itttt.
Fly's are basically you lie down on your back on a bench, grab some dumbells and bring them from your side up to together above yourself (in a hugging action). Bit of a dodgy explanation, but geddit?

As for programs, yeah they will help you with that. All you need to do is have a 30 min chat with one of the people there. They will sit you down and ask why you're joining the gym (eg. toning/keeping fit, or building body mass etc), and then a few other questions, and from this they'll work out what exercises you should do.

You get a sheet with the exercises on it, and its kept in a filing cabinet there so you can grab it when you come and tick off how many reps and sets you do. Mine's gathering dust, but its still relevant.

Dont worry bout feeling like a noob Em, everybody has to start somewhere, and the majority of people in the gym are more interested in getting their stuff done and getting out of there, rather than judging people.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Haha that was really awesome. Thanks :)
I'm not joining for two weeks but it's a hot topic on my brain at the moment.

blue_chameleon

HSC
em_516 said:
...it's a hot topic....
hahahahahaha.

Sorry, I just read that I laffed. Haven't heard that phrase/term for a while. :D

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Haha I seriously just read that and thought "What? I didn't say that? :S". My bad.
It IS a hot topic :p

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Meanwhile, inside emily's brain:
"This just in! First-timers at gyms are common and are often left alone by the regular crowd. More about this in a moment, but first, an interview with leading expert blue_chameleon on the virtues of joining a gym and the activities involved..."

blue_chameleon

HSC
The_highwayman said:
Meanwhile, inside emily's brain:
"This just in! First-timers at gyms are common and are often left alone by the regular crowd. More about this in a moment, but first, an interview with leading expert blue_chameleon on the virtues of joining a gym and the activities involved..."
Superb commentary there man. :D

~untitled~

HSC
em_516 said:
You suck..how long have you been dancing? I was never pushed into ballet or anything like that when I was little so I've always been heaps uncoordinated (well that's my theory anyway). I wish I did dancing but I feel like it's waaaaaaaaay too late now lol.
I've only been doing ballet for about two months, but i did physical culture for a fair while back in the day :p eventhough im ashamed to admit it. LOL, im still heaps unco, i count my blessings every class that i dont fall on my face. Its never too late! i do an adult beginners class in charlestown, theres even like a 50 year old beginner in there. So its good fun :) (if you are interested in doing it i can give details for the class).

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Ha, did not know that. I don't think BALLET is really what I want though :S I meant more I wish I had done ballet as a kid to get dancing coordination so then I could be all 'ZOMG I'm gonna start tap-dancing/jazzercise/whatever other dance' and be like..an expert at it all. :p How much does your ballet class cost? I think it'd be fun to do latin american dancing of some sort haha.

I went to physical culture ONE DAY because my neighbour did it and they had a 'bring your friend' day. It was shit, and I wasn't her friend. Blergh. I remember watching them prance around the square and was seriously thinking "....What?" haha.

And shut up Matt :( I'm curious/nervous.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
YOU'RE a hot topic.
Oooooh :p

I'm bored. And hungry. :( Finished work at 12 today..ooriiite haha

~untitled~

HSC
em_516 said:
Ha, did not know that. I don't think BALLET is really what I want though :S I meant more I wish I had done ballet as a kid to get dancing coordination so then I could be all 'ZOMG I'm gonna start tap-dancing/jazzercise/whatever other dance' and be like..an expert at it all. :p How much does your ballet class cost? I think it'd be fun to do latin american dancing of some sort haha.

I went to physical culture ONE DAY because my neighbour did it and they had a 'bring your friend' day. It was shit, and I wasn't her friend. Blergh. I remember watching them prance around the square and was seriously thinking "....What?" haha.
Yea, one of my friends does latin. Lol, i think tap would be awesome though, but it looks heaps too complex :p. The place i go to is only $11 for an hour, which is pretty good considering it normally ends up being longer than an hour.

LOL. Well, i got put into physie when i was little, like 5, and all the other girls took it soooo seriously and would go and cry and shit when they didnt win competitions, so i quit. But then sadly a few years later i ended up doing it again, correspondence with an a grade club in brisbane, which ended up being even more serious :p, but after a few years the teacher hated that i wasnt as serious as everyone else so i pretty much got kicked out :p, and THANK GOD for that.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Haha you're crazy to go back to that. My mate used to do it her entire schooling life. She was always completely orange (ok well not always, but a lot lol) or fading, like it would be mostly off but it would remain between her um..elbow joint? Whatever haha, and in her knee crease and stuff, it was pretty funny. Poor girl. And they looked SO creepy all done up, not even CLOSE to natural, blergh. She LOVED it all though so good for her..but..I don't get it, at all. :S

Are they serious at ballet? I have it in my head that they would be. What's latin like? Is that beginners or is your friend actually really good?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)