The Glasshouse (1 Viewer)

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Anyone else think this show is so freaken hilarious?

I love dave hughes, hes so cute when he realises something stupid he's just said... and when he pretends to be a character and the rest of them ask questions, he's improvisation is almost classic :D

dang i dont remember any conversations...anyone of you? postem here :)

i love the gap between his teeth! haha he was on the dole too...

anyone been to see it live? is it anygood? ive been wanting to go, its free too!

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Very funny program, and one that feels to go quicker than it actually does, which is a good sign... A Dave Hughes like I'm angry has entered my common vocabulary.Speaking of which, word is that on tomorrow's episode, he is to be interviewed as a 'stressed out elephant', with hillarity presumably ensuing.

I think one of my favourite episodes was when Pinky from Machine Gun Fellatio (Don't like the band, but thats besides the point.) appeared as a panelist, especially the following, paraphrased exchange.

[The topic being discussed is a program introduced llamas to watch sheep.)
Pinky-Ah, but who will watch the sheep?
[Followed almost instantly by;]
Corrine-The sheep.
Pinky-Oh.... But, if the llamas are watching the sheep, who will watch the llamas?

This lead to Will talking about a concept album consisting of songs about which animal is watching which. It was hillarious. :D

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
yeh i saw pretty much the whole of the first season live and a lot of the 2nd season too. it's pretty good, but because it's so popular now and they tend to overbook people you have to turn up on time or they won't let you in.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
ahah yeh, wil says that he always gets asked "what's it like working with dave?"
oh pinky from mgf is one of my favourites that's been on the show! dr karl and Akmal Saleh are also cool. the cosmo editor reeeeeeeeally annoys me she's so annoying.

honkytonk

heh dave hughs...

he doesnt even have to say anything to be funny- even when he cant think of a reply its hilarious. i dont know how he does it.

there have been many many classic dave moments but i only remember a snippet of one- cos if it came out of anyone else's mouth it wouldve been lame, but i laughed out loud at this one:

will: "so what's your greatest fear?"
dave (wearing a fish hat): "erm...drowning."

you had to have seen it to appreciate it.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ive only seen it a couple of times, i keep forgetting its on...or im not home or whatever..
but when i do watch it, i like it.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
its funni..but a lot of his jkes are repeated on radio as well......

i still prefer backburner...
Backburner was very good but got cut, his now on some stupid quizz show, Glasshouse is the funnist ABC show hands down ,too bad its on so late, I only watch it when a movie on channel 7,9 or 10 ends at 10.30 but in most cases they dont, shame.

how u doin?

HSC
i dont understand why one of the funniest shows on tv is on at 10.30 on a friday night..?

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
it used to be on at another time.. like 8 or something along those lines. but yeh, got heaps of complaints from oldies :p

Something Vague

glass house rules, Dave is funny....slow Corinne bugs me so bad she gives women a bad name I find her so un-funny I have to leave the room at times she bugs me THAT much. Its always good when Adam is on there him and will make a good pair. Prolly why they do the morning show together... but anyway am I just being irritable or do other people dislike Corrine as much as me?

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by Snapwizard
Backburner was very good but got cut, his now on some stupid quiz show.
The Einstein Factor, as well as Triple M's allegedly 'hillarious' morning show, The Cage.

There are worse times that The Glasshouse could have been aired at. I think one of the worst-treated programs in that respect is Futurama. 12:00am on Tuesdays is ludicrious. In fact...I'm angry. :D

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Ooh, Glasshouse, great show, v. funny ..

Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
There are worse times that The Glasshouse could have been aired at. I think one of the worst-treated programs in that respect is Futurama. 12:00am on Tuesdays is ludicrious. In fact...I'm angry. :D
I know. Oh well, at least it is on, and you can tape it ...

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by McLake
Ooh, Glasshouse, great show, v. funny ..

I know. Oh well, at least it is on, and you can tape it ...
Yes, but its the principle of it all, particularly the indignity of it being aired after Who Wants To Marry My Dad?, and taping it becomes harder with early uni starts.

EskimoPunk

HSC
That show kicks ass. I want to go see it live one day. Although I have no idea where it would be in Sydney, and it's probably one of those 18+ things.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
it's now in ultimo near uts.. and they don't check id or anything.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Gadzooks...Megan Gale might possibly be the worst 'Guest' I have seen on The Glasshouse. She did not make a single witty, insightful, or even humourous comment. Instead, she managed to turn back everything to herself, sound overly 'cutesy', giggle manically, and generally bombing. (I mean, what was that in the 'Dave As Stressed Out Elephant'segment? Damn 'flirting'.)

Anyone else see this?

I'm angry...Again.. :p

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by badapple
there have been many many classic dave moments but i only remember a snippet of one- cos if it came out of anyone else's mouth it wouldve been lame, but i laughed out loud at this one:

will: "so what's your greatest fear?"
dave (wearing a fish hat): "erm...drowning."
rotfl, i wish watched that. Freaken hilarious.

Corrine gets on my nerves too, shes lamo on Rove (who btw, i dont think is funny at all - that skit thing he does at the beginning of the show is lacking and predictable.)

jayz

walking
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
Gadzooks...Megan Gale might possibly be the worst 'Guest' I have seen on The Glasshouse. She did not make a single witty, insightful, or even humourous comment. Instead, she managed to turn back everything to herself, sound overly 'cutesy', giggle manically, and generally bombing. (I mean, what was that in the 'Dave As Stressed Out Elephant'segment? Damn 'flirting'.)

Anyone else see this?

I'm angry...Again.. :p
models-naturally brainless.
anyhow, the show is kewl, but i wish it could b a bit longer though

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I didn't like it when they were talking about how private school people are bitchy and snobby and so rich etc. The private school l go to can't even afford a hall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)