The Greatest Book Ever Written (1 Viewer)

What kind of book do you read?

• Total voters

TurkStyle

HSC
happy cup said:
I love The Tomorrow Series - John Marsden :uhhuh:
i read those books in like 2 weeks was it like 10 books altogether with the chronicles?

but not the best piece of literature ever

L

leopard

moll. said:
Just finished reading Catch-22 by Joe Heller. Great book. One of my favourites.
Am now reading God Is Not Great by Chris Hitchens. Interesting, but a bit low-brow and sensationalist.
Also read Animal Far a few months ago and loved it to bits.
Tried to read God Is Not Great but couldn't comprehend the verbose passages. I had to resort to using my electronic dictionary... even then I couldn't keep up. So many words.............................................
But I'm currently reading, End of Faith - Sam Harris, and huh... also just started Catch - 22 :D

~caramello~

HSC
swampdog! said:
grapes of wrath by mr steinbeck is my personal favourite
I read OF mice and Men by steinbeck.
Awesome book.
Ending is so sad :(

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
classics_chic said:
Herodotos, The Histories: I just keep reading it, it's brilliant! How do you come from epic poetry and myth to form history, an essential form of study? I think Herodotos is the greatest writer of all time!
old post, i know. but please.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
leopard said:
Tried to read God Is Not Great but couldn't comprehend the verbose passages. I had to resort to using my electronic dictionary... even then I couldn't keep up. So many words.............................................
But I'm currently reading, End of Faith - Sam Harris, and huh... also just started Catch - 22 :D
I actually take back my comments on God is Not Great being low-brow. For some reason Hitchens had his tyrannical militant atheist abuse of religion (much like Dawkins does) in only the first few chapters of God is Not Great. After that it was well-researched and thought-provoking.
I have End of Faith waiting for me on my shelf, but i thought it time to give the super-atheist books a break for a few months, so i moved on to philosophy and Russian literature.
Catch-22 was one of the most bizarre and yet captivating books i've ever read. The first few chapters are simply confusing, but once you start to get your head around the charcters and their idividual quirks, it's one of the most entertaining books you'll ever come across. I couldn't put it down near the end.

michellemma

Premium Member
HSC
This is such a difficult question. I'm a big fan of the classics, so I'd probably have to go with something cliche like Pride and Prejudice.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
This is such a difficult question. I'm a big fan of the classics, so I'd probably have to go with something cliche like Pride and Prejudice.
I love that book, Mr Darcy (and of course Colin Firth) and Mr Bennet! It'd have to be my favourite romantic comedy of all time :D

My favourite book of all time would have to be the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams ^^

pink-hickup

HSC
My favourit book for the moment (I change quite frequently) is probably The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. An excellent writer, best I have seen in some time and a compelling story line.

I think its Love.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
To Kill a Mockingbird
Nineteen Minutes/My Sisters Keeper
HARRY POTTER FTW!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)