The HSC Music 2007 Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

sparkie1108

HSC
Shotgun Wedding said:
I'm doing 2 perfs, a viva and a comp as well, lol.

I play guitar. And it is pretty handy because i'm the only person in my class not doing 4 performances, so we have all of these general topics so people are able to paly whatever they want.

Do you have any grading or anything?
yeah i did 4th grade clari and 4th grade piano and im doing 5th grade musicianship lol.. not that those grade completely class what type of a performer you are or how well you play overall.. yeah the topics for our class is VERY general so everyones doing whatever they want and have been working on.. its good like that!

mad-triste

HSC
*tries to bump up thread energy*

I'm doing music 2 + ext - performance for music 2 (classical voice) and musicology for ext (Faure? Why in all of livid Hell did I end up writing about Faure?!)

I am so in love with my m2 repetoire: an INSANE avant-garde piece by Alison Bauld (it's a Shakespeare setting, + it's mostly spoken or whispered), and my additional is Gian Carlo Menotti, so I'm singing two gorgeous arias from "The Medium" and "The Telephone".

I suck at composition, and am supposed to have a live-recorded version of my work handed in on Tuesday. I might just need a pianist and string quartet. Oh, damn.

If I don't get into the Con with bmus (musicology) or bmus studies/ba (classical voice), I may just die.

Or go to the Canberra con.

Whatever.

HSC
hey fellow musos!

my school only provides music 1...sooo...i guess i do music 1.
For the hsc i am doing 4 performances, i play flute and i have done for around 6 and a half years (with breaks in between due to some of the tutorial teachers that came to the school). I also played viola for about a year or so in middle school.
I really wish there was no aural exam, lol...or atleast that it wasnt worth the most!!! if anyone can help me with the concepts of music, that would be great, i have been told to get away from the 'general' comments i make and im finding it hard...alot harder than many people in my class (many of them (not all) did music in year 9 and 10 as well...i wanted to, but my mum said no, so i did other subjects till year 11 and 12...and now im stuggling with the concepts)

wish everyone luck this year!!!

champo14

HSC
Hey all musicians.

I play the trombone and I'm doing Music2 + Ext, al performance.

Next year I hope to go and do the jazz course at the con, and then get a job as an audio engineer.

I just finished my trials and they went very well. I've finished my composition (but I still have to score the thing). It like an electronic composition (no, not like trance/dance) but more sample based, like processing field recordings and arranging them into a composition, and it also has piano and flugel horn.

So YES! It really disappoints me that the music forum is so lame and dead, when really music is so easy to get into and we have HEAPS more to talk about then any of the other subjects. So get into it!

Li-Jen

HSC
Hey guys! Great to know that music has its thread! Nways. to those who have done music2 or ext in the past, mind giving me feed back on how to work on written responses?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)