the HTA prize thing (1 Viewer)

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I'm going to try entering it.. My 'Major Essay' got full marks, so yeah. :p

However, it's chances may be hindered by being related to the Holocaust, seeing that's apparently the hip thing to do. (Mine was an examination of 'Hitler's Willing Executioners' and the ensuing historiographical debate.)

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
OMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMOMG

IM gonna die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

its due next week and i wont be able to work on it till 2 days to its due!!! NOOOOONOOOooooOOOOoooOOOOOOOoOOOoooooOOOO

Yami

I am pretty sure the prize is in the thousands of dollars, but I'm not sure how the cash is distributed among the winners.

yeahyeahyeahs

holy moly in the $1000's?! no way! does it go to your school? i dont want them buying new comps for juniors when i did the hard work by my essay (well not that hard...) and the $$$ belongs to muah.
my teacher said it was only like $50 or $200 but thats still fine by me.

Yami

Trust me, if you win the cash is YOURS. I know that much, as my teacher told me. I don't know if your school gets something as well though. Although the total prize is in the thousands, it has to be split up between the winners (And I saw at least 6 on the HTA winners sheet). So unless I'm mistaken, that's about $500 for the top two, and around about $250 for the runners up. Keep in mind, this is purely speculation based on sketchy info I got off my teacher.

Yami

From what I understand, your teachers enter the top two projects (or the whole class' essays for my case since we only have 6 people) whether you like it or not. So I'm pretty damn sure malayz_angel that your project has already been sent off. You were supposed to sign a form saying that your project is your own work etc. Have you done that yet?

malayz_angel

Yes I did sign some form...but I had no idea what it was for...lol...for all I know it was signing over my worldly posessions (well they are welcome to my textbooks) lol

Yami

Yeah, well for all I know I probably sold my soul to the HTA by signing that form, but it's all good. As long as I win that prize...

Yami

You don't know that. Some of the essays of the winners last year were a joke, seriously. I'm sure your essay owned, and you might even win...

malayz_angel

Whitey just said it all. I have no hope. Oh well..I really don't care about winning anyway so it's all good....hehe

Well this is the first year that we have been entered too..if we were entered...simply because this is the first year our school has done History Extension!

Pogmahaugn

i just dont understand how 14 of 25 students could get full marks in the essay, doesnt that defeat the purpose of internal assesment - i.e. determining a ranking of students from best to worst....

our school is generally one of the top in the state in history, and we had two marks in the 30s, when the project was out of 40, and the rest in the 20s. what is the point of having 14 marks the same, unless they were of exactly equal quality, and as perfect as a colloege student can get, bearing in mind we had 14 months to complete this. im not bitter or anything, as it makes no difference at all to our HSC mark, as its is all moderated on the exam, im just wondering at the motivation of the teachers to have almost no diverisity in marks. oh well....

by the way, it seems our teacher didnt enter any of us in this competition, i guess he didnt know about it....(or is too lazy...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)