The Iraq War (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
The angry left are so retarded.

Invade and depose genocidal dictators - they whine (ie. Iraq)

Don't invade and depose genocidal dectators - they whine (ie. Rwanda, Darfur)

I can imagine the left holding up big "no war for diamonds" signs if Rwanda was ever invaded LOL Also the Iraq War itself was perfectly legal, it was simply the enforcement of the hundreds of resolutions passed after the first gulf war, many of which were written up by the lefty heroes who are just whiners now, I mean the same people who hiss at anyone who says that the UN is useless and weak get all angry when the resolutions the UN creates are enforced? Anyone else tired of the overly blatant hypocrisy?

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Re: Iraq War

onebytwo said:
if bush and co. have done such a great job in liberating iraq, then why is bush yet to win the nobel peace prize?
Mahatma Gandhi did not win Nobel peace prize either despite being the role model and inspiration for peace , equality and non violent activism world wide why is that?

In deserted outskirts of sinister reasoning, thou
HSC
AryanBeauty:

He was being sarcastic you idiot. There isn't any freedom in Iraq, bush made Iraq a terrible country without peace or order. I admit a dictatorship is bad, but what he put in place of a dictatorship is a mockery of democracy. Then again, I haven't seen a country which has effectively run a democracy without corruption and what not, but civil war isn't better than a dictatorship.

I also want to argue a faulty point which you made earlier. Al-Jazeera is a fair network, which presents an unedited report of what is going on in the middle east, asia, and around the world. It might be that you dislike their reporting style because they expose the Israeli scoundrels for what they are. But, that's no grounds for discriminating againsts that channel. I mean, Fox News which is obviously biased and represents one type of opinion is still available which is quite dumbfounding. Infact, you could actually say that Fox News is so right winged and leaning towards the American Republican Government. That some corruption is taking place.

Do you see my logic? No wait, you're too incompetent to be able to get a point which is so straight forward.

You probably think Fox News is fair.
Bush saved Iraq.
and the Bush administration is free from corruption, controversy or lies.

It's because as I've said above, you're incapable of understanding an argument which doens't make Israel seem legitimate. That's all this argument is about really. You will basically challenge anything which makes America (as an associate of Israel) or Israel look as though they've done anything to the world. When they clearly have.

Israel 'stole' the land which their country is built over. That injustice will never be accepted by the world. Whether you like it or not.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC

Aryanbeauty said:
Mahatma Gandhi did not win Nobel peace prize either despite being the role model and inspiration for peace , equality and non violent activism world wide why is that?
Wikipedia said:
Ghandi was to receive the Prize in 1948, but his assassination prevented the award from coming to him
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahatma_Ghandi#Legacy

im getting the feel that youre comparing bush to ghandi....now thats laughable

Ghandi was also nominated for the award 5 times, Bush wont even be considered once

Aryanbeauty

HSC

onebytwo said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahatma_Ghandi#Legacy

im getting the feel that youre comparing bush to ghandi....now thats laughable

Ghandi was also nominated for the award 5 times, Bush wont even be considered once
yes it is laughable that Mahatma Gandhi, a world wide leader and inspiration for peace and non violent struggle failed to win Nobel Peace prize and was it so surprising that Bush has not won the same prize?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC

Aryanbeauty said:
yes it is laughable that Mahatma Gandhi, a world wide leader and inspiration for peace and non violent struggle failed to win Nobel Peace prize and was it so surprising that Bush has not won the same prize?
It's surprising that you're not in a mental institution.

Why would a retarded war monger win the Nobel Peace Prize? Wait sorry, I'm assuming you have intelligence. It's a fault on my behalf.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Passes WWII indeed.

In about one month in February - March in 1945 the USA lost over 6000 soldiers trying to capture a small rock (and they captured the rock), now they've lost 3000 people in 3 years trying to control a whole country and they want to give up. Of course you wouldn't have it put that way in the SMH.

The Iraq war isn't about the Iraqi people (who cares about them anyway?) as much as it is America needing to demonstrate it can still win a war. The rules they have to abide by that the enemy don't, aren't helping, though.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Passes WWII indeed.

In about one month in February - March in 1945 the USA lost over 6000 soldiers trying to capture a small rock (and they captured the rock), now they've lost 3000 people in 3 years trying to control a whole country and they want to give up. Of course you wouldn't have it put that way in the SMH.

The Iraq war isn't about the Iraqi people (who cares about them anyway?) as much as it is America needing to demonstrate it can still win a war. The rules they have to abide by that the enemy don't, aren't helping, though.
Oh yes, they sure are. I don't think you've read the reports of the war crimes which have taken place in Iraq. I've also seen videos and pictures of civilians tied up and forced to do things with animals. Oh yeah, those rules? Trust me America isn't innocent in this conflict. They should fuck off out of Iraq or do their Job properly. It's like trying to put out a fire with gasoline. It doesn't work very well.

I think you and AryanBeauty would make good friends indeed.

L

littlewing69

bshoc said:
The angry left are so retarded.
Label label label.

Invade and depose genocidal dictators - they whine (ie. Iraq)
We invaded, ostensibly, to stop a clear and present threat from WMDs which are now known to be imaginary. That was the argument for war. It was a lie. Even if that had been the argument, I still would not have supported this war.

I can imagine the left holding up big "no war for diamonds" signs if Rwanda was ever invaded LOL Also the Iraq War itself was perfectly legal, it was simply the enforcement of the hundreds of resolutions passed after the first gulf war, many of which were written up by the lefty heroes who are just whiners now
Vigilante justice is the enforcement of legitimate law by illegitimate means. This is the same deal.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC

Aryanbeauty said:
of course its not surprising bush hasnt won it.

if it was up to you, would you award bush the Prize?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
sam04u said:
Oh yes, they sure are. I don't think you've read the reports of the war crimes which have taken place in Iraq. I've also seen videos and pictures of civilians tied up and forced to do things with animals. Oh yeah, those rules? Trust me America isn't innocent in this conflict. They should fuck off out of Iraq or do their Job properly. It's like trying to put out a fire with gasoline. It doesn't work very well.

I think you and AryanBeauty would make good friends indeed.
And those soldiers have since been tried by the US for their crimes. It's individual soldiers who are disobeying the rules of engagement while the administration is working its hardest to stamp such activities out.

Aryanbeauty

HSC

sam04u said:
It's surprising that you're not in a mental institution.

Why would a retarded war monger win the Nobel Peace Prize? Wait sorry, I'm assuming you have intelligence. It's a fault on my behalf.
Me thinks the word retard has become the word of choice for muslims in this board used by logical, hopeful, shiftyicequeen, politik whenever they disagreed with others. It seems to me that it makes them feel clever by calling other retard lol.

Talking about retard, Bush has degree from Harvard and Yale and how about you? A high school dropout or madrassa drop out?

I could not care less whether Bush won Nobel prize or not, If Mahatma Gandhi failed to win nobel Peace prize it is not surprising Bush has not won either. If it was not for Bill Clinton's initiative terrorist leader such as Arafat woud never won the prize. Thanks to USA as always.

I've also seen videos and pictures of civilians tied up and forced to do things with animals.
I've also seen videos and pictures of children from pakistan, india, bangladesh and africa tied to the back of a camel in a camel race in the middle east which the UN described as one of the worst human trafficking, child abuse and modern day slavery. http://www.antislavery.org/homepage/resources/cameljockeysgallery/gallery.htm

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Aryanbeauty said:
Me thinks the word retard has become the word of choice for muslims in this board used by logical, hopeful, shiftyicequeen, politik whenever they disagreed with others. It seems to me that it makes them feel clever by calling other retard lol.

Talking about retard, Bush has degree from Harvard and Yale and how about you? A high school dropout or madrassa drop out?

I could not care less whether Bush won Nobel prize or not, If Mahatma Gandhi failed to win nobel Peace prize it is not surprising Bush has not won either. If it was not for Bill Clinton's initiative terrorist leader such as Arafat woud never won the prize. Thanks to USA as always.

I've also seen videos and pictures of children from pakistan, india, bangladesh and africa tied to the back of a camel in a camel race in the middle east which the UN described as one of the worst human trafficking, child abuse and modern day slavery. http://www.antislavery.org/homepage/resources/cameljockeysgallery/gallery.htm
Excuse me, but didn't bshoc, someone who's avowedly pro-war, use the word retard in this thread less than 24 hours ago?

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
withoutaface said:
And those soldiers have since been tried by the US for their crimes. It's individual soldiers who are disobeying the rules of engagement while the administration is working its hardest to stamp such activities out.
how do we know that the orders for abu ghraib didnt come form the top?
rumsfeld has to take some responsibility. its like you walking your dog through the park one day and the dog somehow mauls a child. isnt it partially, if not all, your fault.

so if the administration shares no guilt then it could be said that anything that happens in iraq would be attributed to soldier crime and the architects of war are immune to any prosecution.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
onebytwo said:
rumsfeld has to take some responsibility. its like you walking your dog through the park one day and the dog somehow mauls a child. isnt it partially, if not all, your fault.

so if the administration shares no guilt then it could be said that anything that happens in iraq would be attributed to soldier crime and the architects of war are immune to any prosecution.
So if I ask my friend to grab me a beer, and he stabs someone else who's in the way of the fridge, I'm responsible for the fact that he's retarded and can't follow orders properly?

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
withoutaface said:
So if I ask my friend to grab me a beer, and he stabs someone else who's in the way of the fridge, I'm responsible for the fact that he's retarded and can't follow orders properly?
no - simply because youre not the master-mind of your friends actions (retarded or not). however, with a dog, whose natural action may be to bite or kill, the owner is responsible.
similarly, rumsfeld is responsible for his soldiers, who are not "uneducated" (as Kerry claimed) but are "the breast and brightest" (as bush suggests here http://youtube.com/watch?v=cslggh9dm0k) and im sure are able to follow orders ,even if they may be irrational, inhumane orders.

Aryanbeauty

HSC

withoutaface said:
Excuse me, but didn't bshoc, someone who's avowedly pro-war, use the word retard in this thread less than 24 hours ago?
Yes I think; in response to Politik's calling of anyone who he disagreed with "retard".

onebytwo said:

How do we know that lebanese kid who burned Australian flag did it or not at the order of Sheikh Hilaly? :rofl:

Rumsfeld was morally responsible for the acts of US soldiers as a secretary of defence, and that is why he resigned along with a combination of leadership failure on part,however there was no evidence to suggest that he ordered such acts that happened in Abu Gharib, even the immediate superior of those who did it denies knowlege and Rumsfeld was very unlikely to give individual orders to about a dozen soldiers at the bottom of the military hierarchy to commit such acts. By the way when will Sheikh Hilaly took responsibility for his virulent comment on women and rape and resign? Is nt it time for him to take some responsibility?

HSC
We're talking about the military here and thus the issue is very simple: a leader is always responsible for his/her troops no matter what. Thus, Rumsfeld, being the second-in-command of US troops is responsible for the behaviour of the soldiers.

Bush should actually be ultimately responsible seeing as he is the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces but politics has an interesting ability to distort conventional morals and responsiblities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)