the John Mayer thread (merged) (1 Viewer)

helmut

HSC
biomic said:

no1. thanks for posting those
no2. woah. that was my friends twin, so now i won't be able to talk to her without shaking her back and forth by the shoulders shouting "why did you not steal your brothers ticket and give it to meeeee???????"
no3. john mayer has a funny head. but i still love him
no4. john.... sigh

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
no1: Not a problem, its my job as a fan to share the love :p
no2: Really?! Yeah I went to Primary school with Rebecca and Jon, then just Jon for most of high school, what a small world lol

bustinjustin

HSC
Anyone get local-83 release tix today for april? how fast did they get sold out?

mizosoup

HSC
Section C, Row 1, Seats 5-8

WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dunno how quickly they sold out but I checked again at 10am and there were still presale tix avail but they were pretty crappy seats. Then again, L83 is erratic and gives good seats out randomly - I got mine right on 9 but I have friends who also got 1st row seats at 9:30

Anyone else bought tickets already?

bustinjustin

HSC
In the ticketmaster pre sale the best seats they've got for me are section 23 row L, which is on the right side :(
anyone know if they reserve some of the arena and dress circle seats for the public release? or am i better off just taking these seats and being certain that im going after all...

Chris.

HSC
bustinjustin said:
In the ticketmaster pre sale the best seats they've got for me are section 23 row L, which is on the right side :(
anyone know if they reserve some of the arena and dress circle seats for the public release? or am i better off just taking these seats and being certain that im going after all...
you might consider holding on to your current ticket..and then trying to buy a better one on public sale day. Then if you do get a better seat during the public sale, you could sell your other ticket on ebay at what you bought it for. Dont be a ticket scalper lol...

But then again thats another risk because ebay have been taking tickets off their website recently. It happened with the foo fighters acoustic gig.

bustinjustin

HSC
I bought my tix this morning, still at the top most level, but in section 29, which is in the centre, and Row E instead of L. Figured that it's better than nothing, and that either way, unless one;s got front row tix (or at least Section C, mizosoup has), it's not gonna be as special as the Enmore gig.

Even though i had no direct physical contact, I kinda hope he remembers us from the Enmore, the people he wanted to 'runaway' with haha...

Did anyone watch his Live at the Chapel gig just then, or last saturday?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Well i didn't want to say anything because I've just been feeling sick about it for a while. At first I was holding section B tickets, 5th row, and was glad, but local83 gave me an error. So I died. Trying to log back in etc.

I bought 4 tickets and they were pretty shit, section 14, row CC.

Half an hour goes by and I'm browsing. I see 4 tickets in section C, row 8

So instinctively I grabbed them.

I won't be selling the other 4 on ebay or whatever, or back to local 83. I found people who adore John, and I'll get them to pay what I paid for.

I'm okay, but you know, damn technology!!

And John, well, I dunno when he'll be back! *sigh* another two and a half years?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Theyre available to the public this friday through ticketmaster, 9am

mizosoup

HSC
Grammy Nominations are out...

Album Of The Year:
Taking The Long Way by the Dixie Chicks
St. Elsewhere by Gnarls Barkley
Continuum by John Mayer
Stadium Arcadium by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
FutureSex/LoveSounds by Justin Timberlake.

Best Male Pop Vocal Performance:
You're Beautiful - James Blunt
Save Room - John Legend
Waiting On The World To Change - John Mayer
Jenny Wren - Paul McCartney
Bad Day - Daniel Powter

Best Pop Vocal Album
Back To Basics - Christina Aguilera
Back To Bedlam - James Blunt
The River In Reverse - Elvis Costello & Allen Toussaint
Continuum - John Mayer
FutureSex/LoveSounds - Justin Timberlake

Best Solo Rock Vocal Performance
Nausea - Beck
Someday Baby - Bob Dylan
Route 66 - John Mayer
Saving Grace - Tom Petty
Lookin' For A Leader - Neil Young

Best Rock Album
Try! - John Mayer Trio
Highway Companion - Tom Petty
Broken Boy Soldiers - The Raconteurs
Stadium Arcadium - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Living With War - Neil Young

Damn!!!! 5 NOMINATIONS!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very proud atm but that's some stiff competition there...

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
section 23 row F seats 3-4.

hoped for seats in the centre. but i didn't want to end up with worse seats, or even worse, no seats.

:)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Stoked.

I'm doubting some of them, but I'm sure john is happy for 5 nominations.

Chris.

HSC
mizosoup said:
Grammy Nominations are out...

Album Of The Year:
Taking The Long Way by the Dixie Chicks
St. Elsewhere by Gnarls Barkley
Continuum by John Mayer
Stadium Arcadium by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
FutureSex/LoveSounds by Justin Timberlake.

Best Rock Album
Try! - John Mayer Trio
Highway Companion - Tom Petty
Broken Boy Soldiers - The Raconteurs
Stadium Arcadium - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Living With War - Neil Young
I think the RHCP will might take out those two. I dont see how RHCP could not get best rock album of the year. I hope john wins best vocalist though

bustinjustin

HSC
hyperbole said:
section 23 row F seats 3-4.

hoped for seats in the centre. but i didn't want to end up with worse seats, or even worse, no seats.

:)
Friend im going with got 2 seats in section C, row 8 this morning, after first getting seats in section 8. I'm pretty sure she got them, but as for my other 4 tickets in section 29 or whatever it was, hmm... I think i'll just give them as christmas presents to family members now.

mizosoup

HSC
so the beast has landed and the sydney concert's in less than 2 weeks....why am i not pumped?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I'm pretty pumped, and I ought to be. This man has taken about $700 to $800 off me these last few months (travel, accomodation etc)

Seeing him Thursday at Byron! RAH!

mizosoup, perhaps it'll come last minute, like for me at the enmore. Which was SO FUCKING GOOD

mizosoup

HSC
For Enmore, I was bouncing off the walls for a whole month beforehand, and for good reason, but it's just not happening this time round, despite the excellent seats...

Damn...I missed out on Byron tix =( Stef, Report back with photos and excruciating detail!! Or even better - give me a concert call!!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
HOLY FUCKING SHIT

I was literally the first person to enter Bluesfest 07. Seriously. Front row centre baby. That was so fucking good. Easily the best John Mayer concert I've been to. This sydney one's going to be painful after this one, considering I'm only 9th row.

During "I dont trust myself", I danced heaps, and he started mimicking me! The whole time there, he was looking straight at me and I smiled heaps. He then winked at me and when I registered it, he laughed! Hahaha FUCK! I turned to people and they were like "HOLY SHIT he just winked at you!"

I'm so pleased. I took photos. Might post them later.

Also, I saw Jessica Simpson on the side of the stage :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)