the John Mayer thread (merged) (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
OH MY GOD

Village Sessions is THAT GOOD

Go and buy it

Slow dancing is SO HEART WRENCHING in this album!

mizosoup

HSC
They're selling it in Aus now?
Damn...and I went and bought it online when it came out...
Ah well

How are your seats for Thursday?

bustinjustin

HSC
mizosoup said:
For Enmore, I was bouncing off the walls for a whole month beforehand, and for good reason, but it's just not happening this time round, despite the excellent seats...
Surely you are by now... and agreed, Village Sessions is awesome...

ur_inner_child said:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT

During "I dont trust myself", I danced heaps, and he started mimicking me! The whole time there, he was looking straight at me and I smiled heaps. He then winked at me and when I registered it, he laughed! Hahaha FUCK! I turned to people and they were like "HOLY SHIT he just winked at you!"

... wonder if you're mid-concert winkaffair was enough to make ms simpson jealous. if only he remembered that you'd previously talked too..

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
HAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAH

The people next to me at Byron were Richard and Candice.

+ rich Mayer. Tonight says:
hahaha omg stef
candice just msg'd me
you and her are in the paper for the john mayer concert
hahahahahahha
- S t e f - says:
REALLY
- S t e f - says:
WHAT
- S t e f - says:
hahahah SERIOUS?
- S t e f - says:
which paper?
must've been the byron bay one!!

bustinjustin

HSC
zomg john mayer!

slightly disappointed he didn't play neon, and am even more greatful that he changed the setlist back at the enmore last year...

mizosoup

HSC
3 words:

Stop.

This.

Train.

If you weren't there, go cry about it, why don't you?

UzurOger

Almost Sexy Bastard
HSC
hahaha that was you? not a bad idea...his an awesome live performer ill have to see him every time he comes back.

And Wooo for the encore i loved the Gonna find another you...i really hoped he played that one and he di :D

bustinjustin

HSC
oh god haha took me a while to get that, yeah, great signs, how'd you get them?

Also tee shirts were such a rip. That didnt stop me from buying too. I wish i'd got the hat though, they dont have them at the official store like i thought they would.

mizosoup

HSC
Oh no, that wasn't me with the sign...I was the strange girl in front row who got up and danced to Ben Kwellers last song and had people staring at her, Kweller included. Mad fun though

I'm just buzzing (still) that he played Stop This Train for us. Sooo unexpected and so obvious he never plays it too - did anyone else notice that he skipped a verse and repeated the same line once or twice? Hahaha

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
He did! That was for No Such Thing wasn't it? He laughed out loud, which is why he fumbled the lyrics, about that guy who pocketed the pic haha.

Or was it another time? I was singing along the whole way through so it seemed natural!

UzurOger

Almost Sexy Bastard
HSC
Lol yeah it was after No Such Thing...and he got the pic back hahaha

but how awesome was Gravity :D

bustinjustin

HSC
UzurOger said:
Lol yeah it was after No Such Thing...and he got the pic back hahaha

but how awesome was Gravity :D
Very awesome.

Anyone read the sun herald today? They interviewed people after the concert, and god they chose the shittiest people - "I didn't realise he was such a great guitarist", "John Mayer needs a haircut"... and the insinuation that he did play 'more of his greatest hits', and that 'fans were disappointed that [he] didn't play your body is a wonderland'...

... stupid tabloids, bah humbug...

B

brycycle

it was the sickest concert aye, i got a shirt the green one. But i saw it in adelaid he played ur body is a wonderland in adelaid for encore.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
So I heard. And here I was thinking he'd play it again.

"This song has both enriched and ruined my life."

Maybe it's because he's got a girl now :(

Fuck I really wanted him to do some more Try! stuff. He teased "Try" the actual song during soundcheck, anyone pick that up?

I heard he played Wait Until Tomorrow somewhere in the Australian Tour :( Not in Sydney or Byron though

Oh oh the green one... is that the one with the small John Mayer text on the left or is it the blown up centred one?

I got the long sleeve navy girl one, probably the only Mayer girly shirt I've liked ever.

mizosoup

HSC
Actually the lyric mess up was in Stop This Train. I saw the dude pocket the pic though! He was this big, old dude - seriously he could be a shopping centre Santa.

Did anyone else notice that he played HEAPS of Continuum? Setlist was
Belief
Bigger Than My Body
NST
Good Love
Dont Trust Myself
Stop This Train
Clarity
Don't Need No Doctor
Vultures
Heart Of Life-> Repair Tease
Why Georgia
Gravity
----ENCORE----
WOTWTC
Find Another You

It would have been nice to hear some more trio stuff and some more old stuff that weren't singles but I'm still giddy that we got Stop This Train. I think Sydney was the 3rd show he's ever played STT at!

When did he tease Try during sound check? Hahaha...loved the random banter about lawnchairs and John scaring people!

I'm actually quite disappointed with the merch these days. Before the trio John had excellent, unique merch but now the design just seems a bit boring and repetitious. Sure the long sleeve navy t-shirt was nice, but it looks like so many other artists' t-shirt designs - my friend has a James Blunt *shudder* one that's very similar to it but in yellow on black. As much as I love John and the stuff he does, maybe he should consider hanging up his fashion designer hat and give that job back to those who did it before.

Oh, and has anyone seen this SNL skit? HILARIOUS!

mizosoup

HSC
Really? When I first saw it, I thought "man, that makes him look like a tool..."

bustinjustin

HSC
Oh and better hair, it's like he's made a quantum leap from long, pseudo-rebel-grunge locks, to ralph lauren model (see the inside cover last month's (sydney) magazine).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)