The Ladder Theory (1 Viewer)

*blinded*

dam this depressed me, all guys no this thoery on an instintual level
but i just came to realise..i'm a god damn intellectual whore!!!!!!!!! noooo

Ziff

HSC
N/A
reno2004 said:
Ive read it before. And for the most part it is so true. In my school, i was able to identify every different group. But as someone said before, it cannot be applied to all situations, becuz not all guys think about sex so obssesively as this person seems to claim.
the funniest one i see heaps of is the good old footstool.
And me? :p

Keen

MD
HSC
As far as I understand of this theory it seems to have some points of truth but mostly misses the point.
If someone can summarise this theory in like a paragraph or two simply I'd appreciate it as it seems a bit messy for me.

Keen

S

Shuter

Fine I'll summarise:

Guys judge every girl on how much he would like to sleep with them. They get ranked in an order.

Girls judge guys on how much they would like to sleep with them OR how good a friend they are. The two groups are completely seperate from each other and the guy can only be in ONE group at a time, crossing sides is rare often impossible.

Therefore guys will never have girls just as friends. Yet girls will want some guys just as friends and no sex.

Keen

MD
HSC
Hmn, as I thought pretty much utter crap.
Really it doesn't say that much other than for guys that they want to sleep with every girl (which isn't true - I don't really think - I have a lot of friends who are girls a lot of good ones who I really like, who I wouldn't sleep with).
Girls with the friend vs the interested ladder is sort of true I guess but I have been in places where you start off as friends and then lead into maybe a relationship (but that could be due to a girl wanting a relationship from the start and only pretending to be friends).

In the end it doesn't really say much, I think I've said more profound things about what a girl wants to see in a guy (read some of my past posts) and really this is just the tip of the iceberg (of a broad spectrum view of some of the individual issues).
Yes acting confident and funny will start you off in the 'like' ladder rather than being nice and pansy and ending up in the 'friends' ladder. But there's so so much left unsaid that this really says barely anything.

You have much to learn.

Keen

nova

HSC
Yeh i'd say most of that is true..

I tried the whole friendship with a chick thing and tried to not get attracted sexually, but in the end I realised I was really just a 'cuddle bitch' (even thought I thought I wasn't sexually attracted, turned out I was! haha oh well) And the thing about exe's is so true.. haha

Jake_434

The King of England
HSC
Keen said:
Hmn, as I thought pretty much utter crap.
Really it doesn't say that much other than for guys that they want to sleep with every girl (which isn't true - I don't really think - I have a lot of friends who are girls a lot of good ones who I really like, who I wouldn't sleep with).
But you see, that still fits into the Ladder Theory. It just means they are low on your "How much you want to fuck them ladder".

LazyBoy

HSC
Alright who wants a trip to Paris? wht you do sweety? sorry not you. your not my type. i might go rock climbing alone, or better yet can i invite your friend.

by the ladder theory, i should have that girl all over me like fat on Rosey O'donald?

lol

Keen

MD
HSC
Hmn yeah ok whatever.

Maybe they're lower on the ladder, but I mean I've had friends who are girls and then it's changed to the 'cuddle bitch' and then I end up on the 'other ladder'. Which yeah sometimes happens BUT I agree that it's better to be on the love ladder rather than the friend ladder first - so what?!?

If that's all you want to say you don't need bloody 8 pages of BS to say it - because that's what it is. And my point is that it's doesn't say much else (other than guys want to root every girl to some degree) agree with it or not.

I don't agree with the percentages they are important but you can get around them if you know how to increase the attraction between you and a girl (by the way you act and what you say) that will get you a lot further than the other stuff will - and guess what the ladder theory won't really tell you this - read some of my posts for that.

Keen

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Yeah its an interesting read with some very true statements... but its been written by a man and you can tell. He should get a girl to write the Ladder Theory: A female perspective - on the large they would be similar but with different underlying principles and a little more truth and less female speculation.

S

Shuter

Beckiki_S said:
Yeah its an interesting read with some very true statements... but its been written by a man and you can tell. He should get a girl to write the Ladder Theory: A female perspective - on the large they would be similar but with different underlying principles and a little more truth and less female speculation.
No way, they'd lie and try and make it look like they don't use guys and aren't bitches. At least this one was honest.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Keen said:
As far as I understand of this theory it seems to have some points of truth but mostly misses the point.
If someone can summarise this theory in like a paragraph or two simply I'd appreciate it as it seems a bit messy for me.

Keen
I love intellectual whores. Very, very amusing stuff.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
I love it when people say "Well this part of ladder theory isn't true", and give no justification. Come on, you've seen life, it IS true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)