The legals ripoff of the businesses game thing (1 Viewer)

Jackets

HSC
charlesdinio said:
retribution
reintegrative shaming
incapacitation
detterrance
rehabilitation

We all know what they are??

Outline the role of the International Court of Justice
The ICJ is in place to enforce human rights.

charlesdinio

HSC
knots&crosses said:
oops, forgot ask another question. here it is:

describe the sources of criminal law
common law - through precedents, laws are set

statute law - each state can make laws in relation to crime. the NSW government has the right under s.5 of the NSW constitution act 1902 (NSW) to make laws in relation to crime.

constitution - division and separation of powers.

my question is still going i think

knots&crosses

HSC
Jackets said:
What are the five purposes of punishment?
Its been answered somewher else on this thread but here goes:

Rehabilitation: to reahbilitate the offender, so they no longer have the trigger that makes them committ crime. eg robbery to pay for drug addiction.

Incapacitation: Isolate offender to protect society for as long he/she is a threat.

Detterance: specific detterance: Punishment so the offender does not want to commit crime anymore.
Genral detterance: showing sociey the punishments so they do not want to committ crime.

Retribution: punishment to fit the crime, usually a custodial punishment

Reintegrativs shaming: come face to face with victim, or their family to feel the guilt, shame and remorse, for crime committed. However this does not work on some "types"

charlesdinio

HSC
I'm off to study guys.. best of luck with it all!
Although I'll probably be back soon lol..
take it easy

Jackets

HSC
charlesdinio said:
I'm off to study guys.. best of luck with it all!
Although I'll probably be back soon lol..
take it easy
Laters CD!

AHAHAHAHA, get it?!?! CD!! Chareles Dinio!?!

:lol:

Azreil

HSC
knots&crosses said:
describe the sources of criminal law
The Australian Constitution: Gives the power to the states to make most laws, excluding Customs and Defense. The external affairs power gives the Commonwealth government the power to make such criminal law as Genocide Act (1949) Cth.
Common Law: In cases such as Barton v Armstrong the power to make law defining criminal acts for lower courts (precedence) is given. Statute law, however, prevails over common law if there is a conflict.
Statute Law: The bulk of our law comes from statute. The Crimes Act, and various amendments, is the largest source of criminal law in NSW however the Customs Act Cth and other Commonwealth Acts are also a source of criminal law.

What rights are explicitly protected by the Constitution?

knots&crosses

HSC
charlesdinio said:
Outline the role of the International Court of Justice
The international court of Justice regualtes the operation between conflilicting nation states in two ways
Deciding on contentious issues between nations: makes a judgemnet, however state soveriegnyt restricts ability to inforce, as with the case of the United States and Nicaragua. USA ordered to pay compensation, withdrew from trial.

2nd way is providing advisory opinions: provides opinions on issues as advised by the Un general assembly.

knots&crosses

HSC
Azreil said:
the right to:

own property
vote
practice religion

are ther any others?

question: describe the role of the court of criminal appeal

B

bekmay

Azreil said:
The Australian Constitution: Gives the power to the states to make most laws, excluding Customs and Defense. The external affairs power gives the Commonwealth government the power to make such criminal law as Genocide Act (1949) Cth.
Common Law: In cases such as Barton v Armstrong the power to make law defining criminal acts for lower courts (precedence) is given. Statute law, however, prevails over common law if there is a conflict.
Statute Law: The bulk of our law comes from statute. The Crimes Act, and various amendments, is the largest source of criminal law in NSW however the Customs Act Cth and other Commonwealth Acts are also a source of criminal law.

i wanna play!

A few rights are stated and protected in the Australian Constitution. These include the right to the presumption of innocence in a criminal trial, and the right to be informed of the nature of the charge if arrested outlined in Sections 14.2 and 14.3 respectively. Also, the right to religion (Section 116), the right to vote (Sections 24 and 40), and the right to trial by jury (Section 80).

How is an international treaty incorporated into Australian domestic law?

knots&crosses

HSC
bekmay said:
When the federal government first signs and ratifys the traty, then passes statutaory law that upholds the purpose of that treaty.

Question: name types of law. would be too long toexpand on so do it in your head.

Azreil

HSC
knots&crosses said:
the right to:

own property
vote
practice religion

are ther any others?
Move between states. But you got the important ones ;] Unless it was a high marked question that'd be all you'd need. Trial by jury in serious criminal matter.
question: describe the role of the court of criminal appeal
CoCA has no original jurisdiction but has appellate jurisdiction in all areas of criminal law. They have the right to affirm or alter any decisions that have been made however the prosecution cannot appeal in the case of an acquittal (double jeopardy) through they may appeal the leniency of the sentence given.

Signed by representative of government -> put to the Commonwealth parliament as a bill -> Passed by the parliament -> assented by the governor-general -> enforced by commonwealth departments.

Outline the role of the Legal Aid Commission.

B

bekmay

knots&crosses said:
When the federal government first signs and ratifys the traty, then passes statutaory law that upholds the purpose of that treaty.

Question: name types of law. would be too long toexpand on so do it in your head.
:/ mk. LOL. um.

international and domestic law.

public (eg. constitutional law, administrative law, constitutional law, industrial law and criminal law) and private law (eg. family law, property law, contract law, torts).

is that what sort of answer you were after... i unno LOL.

mmm new question: Identify ways in which the rule of law is protected in Australian society.

cxlxoxk

HSC
knots&crosses said:

administrative law
constitutional law
criminal law
property law
tort law

i really can't be bothered to name more...or go into detail of all the types of criminal law.

cxlxoxk

HSC
bekmay said:
:/ mk. LOL. um.

international and domestic law.

public (eg. constitutional law, administrative law, constitutional law, industrial law and criminal law) and private law (eg. family law, property law, contract law, torts).

is that what sort of answer you were after... i unno LOL.

mmm new question: Identify ways in which the rule of law is protected in Australian society.
rofl you repeated constitutional twice

B

bekmay

cxlxoxk said:
rofl you repeated constitutional twice
haha my bad... its not that bad is it? i mean are you really rolling on the floor laughing? =]

knots&crosses

HSC
Anyway I am off to study... Best of luck for fridays exam to bekmay for both your legal and biology exams... :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:
B

bekmay

knots&crosses said:
Anyway I am off to study... Best of luck for fridays exam to bekmay for both your legal and biology exams... :D :D :D :D :D
Thaaaaanks, you too!! re. for legal on friday LOL.

Azreil

HSC
Identify ways in which the rule of law is protected in Australian society.

Mainly through the Commonwealth seperation of powers. This decreases the ability of any one body to control more than is fair of the law making abilities.

The system of appeals Australia has in place decreases the ability of any one person to be above the law (ie influence over several levels of courts is harder to achieve than influence over one court).

The system of commissions, both standing and temporary, investigates any apparent breaches of the rule of law. For example, The Police Integrity Commission (NSW) investigates any police officer seeming to use their position in society to their advantage.

That's all I've got.

Don't think anyone answered this:

HSC
Azreil said:
Move between states. But you got the important ones ;] Unless it was a high marked question that'd be all you'd need. Trial by jury in serious criminal matter.

CoCA has no original jurisdiction but has appellate jurisdiction in all areas of criminal law. They have the right to affirm or alter any decisions that have been made however the prosecution cannot appeal in the case of an acquittal (double jeopardy) through they may appeal the leniency of the sentence given.

[/B]
Signed by representative of government -> put to the Commonwealth parliament as a bill -> Passed by the parliament -> assented by the governor-general -> enforced by commonwealth departments.

The legal aid commission acts to try and get everybody the representation that is their right and to maintain equality by offering free legal rep. to those that are deemed as suitable via the means test.

Right?

obiman

HSC
means AND merit testS lol

i aint putting uetion again i leave it open to the next person

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)