The McDonald's Thread (1 Viewer)

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Just a question on earrings for guys....

I was failed on an SOC for having a single small sleeper in my left ear.

The manager said guys are to wear one in each ear or none at all.

The jewellery policy states "Minimal jewellery eg one small stud or sleeper per ear".

I take that to mean you can have a maximum of one per ear, but said manager swears it means you must have one in both ears, and other managers also agreed.

Anyone know if this is for real? it seems kinda crazy that they're telling me to go get a piercing in what not long ago was perceived to be the "gay" ear.
Screw that.
I hate our uniform policies. So lame.
I refuse to take all my piercing out. They're only ear piercings ffs. I cover them up with bandaids. Really can't care, I don't get paid enough to give a crap.

Sew2289

HSC
I've just been offered a job and have been invited to their orientation. Has anyone had an "orientation" or did they just get into the job? Apparently, I'm supposed to get my work uniform on that day but what am I supposed to wear to the day?
Orientation usually consists of just being show around the store and like you said, obtaining your uniform (it's not officially your first shift). Just wear anything to this.

Gloamglozer

HSC
Orientation usually consists of just being show around the store and like you said, obtaining your uniform (it's not officially your first shift). Just wear anything to this.
Awesome. Thanks. And also, is it just me, or is metime just a waste of time?

spence

HSC
Well I work at a small franchise store on the south coast so this may change certain things, it sounds like you work at at much bigger store in syd...

Our store is tiny, the whole back area is roughly 10 m2 :| 15 people couldnt physically fit there let alone work. You're constantly crashing into people with 6 or 7 there... We've all given up on apologising when we bump someone or we'd be saying sorry 3 or 4 times a minute
Oh wow that's tiny. I'd hate to work at a small/quiet store, I'd get so bored after waht I'm used to.

DON'T. You'll lose your Sunday bonuses...
Yeah I didn't want to, but I thought I had to to get my promotion, but it turns out I didn't. So still getting time and a half on Sundays and double and a half on public holidays.

Awesome. Thanks. And also, is it just me, or is metime just a waste of time?
It's pretty convenient for checking rosters and payslips, although it fucks up quite often

Toasterbot

HSC
Hey guys I was wondering if any of you could help me.
I got a job at McDonalds a few weeks ago, and I start my first trainee shift tomorrow. Anyway I looked at my Metime roster, and I have about 5 more trainee shifts within the following week.
However on the next Sunday it says I will then be working at C1: Counter Fries. So can someone please tell me what exactly does C1: Counter Fries mean?
Thanks!

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Hey guys I was wondering if any of you could help me.
I got a job at McDonalds a few weeks ago, and I start my first trainee shift tomorrow. Anyway I looked at my Metime roster, and I have about 5 more trainee shifts within the following week.
However on the next Sunday it says I will then be working at C1: Counter Fries. So can someone please tell me what exactly does C1: Counter Fries mean?
Thanks!
From hearing my friends experience, you'd be working fries, so standing at the fries machine/area getting fries for the meals.

Correct me anybody if I'm wrong?

Toasterbot

HSC
From hearing my friends experience, you'd be working fries, so standing at the fries machine/area getting fries for the meals.

Correct me anybody if I'm wrong?
Okay, thanks for letting me know :)

spence

HSC
Even if you're rostered on fries, you may be put somewhere else though. It's up to the shift manager

gypo101

HSC
Even if you're rostered on fries, you may be put somewhere else though. It's up to the shift manager
sorry to sound ignorant, but are u serious? they have one person who's job is only the fries etc.?
sorry new idea, its just that when i used to work in KFC everyone doing customer service contributed to the fries effor..but i can c the efficiency mcdonalds can get by making one person in charge of it..
but is that all that person does?

sorry im thinking of getting a job at maccas and im curious thanx

ashllis92

HSC
Oh wow that's tiny. I'd hate to work at a small/quiet store, I'd get so bored after waht I'm used to.
Yeah it's pretty small but you find things to do, new machines to pull apart and clean, customers to chat with in dining etc... it's so cruisy 46 weeks of the year but then during christmas holidays we're a major tourist centre so we get pretty busy (probably not that busy by your standards though) and all the young 14 year olds scream and cry about not having a break in a 6 hour shift...

I don't get sunday rates atm, should I?

As far as fries goes, we only usually have a fries person when it's sposed to be busy ie lunch rush, long weekends etc... apart from that we all pitch in

brighter

HSC
Hi... I'm currently working at a maccas but would like to transfer to a one nearer my new home. I've been working at maccas for only 2 months now. How do I transfer?

ashllis92

HSC
i guess just tel your restaurant manager thast you wanna move and submit an application to the new store, i dont think cean and simple transfers can happen though because the new store needs to have a position for you...

spence

HSC
sorry to sound ignorant, but are u serious? they have one person who's job is only the fries etc.?
sorry new idea, its just that when i used to work in KFC everyone doing customer service contributed to the fries effor..but i can c the efficiency mcdonalds can get by making one person in charge of it..

We'll have at least one person on fries over lunch and dinner rush, two when its really busy. at other times they'll usually be done by one of the drive thru people

Kiim2507

HSC

Haha thats whay I thought cos I work at KFC as well but my manager told me once she worked at Darling Harbour on Australia day and just dumped chips for 8 hours..how boring.

But I guess at Maccas they have chips waiting during busy periods so they just quickly grab whatever size chips they need.

Mm now I really feel like some hot chips lol

gypo101

HSC
Haha thats whay I thought cos I work at KFC as well but my manager told me once she worked at Darling Harbour on Australia day and just dumped chips for 8 hours..how boring.

But I guess at Maccas they have chips waiting during busy periods so they just quickly grab whatever size chips they need.

Mm now I really feel like some hot chips lol
hahaah wow
eight hours solid of chips grrr lol i hate that machine, i keep burning myself with the oil hhaahah

hey has anyone here stopped eating from a fast food restaurant once they worked there and seen the conditions etc?

brighter

HSC
hahaah wow
eight hours solid of chips grrr lol i hate that machine, i keep burning myself with the oil hhaahah

hey has anyone here stopped eating from a fast food restaurant once they worked there and seen the conditions etc?
I don't know what conditions you're talking about but the conditions at the maccas I work is better than I thought, so I actually eat more.

danielle..

is awesome.
HSC

i eat it more cos it's just so easy. i always thought when i started working there that i would get turned off it, but it's just so convenient, like on breaks and stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)