• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Metal Thread. (1 Viewer)

neafoo

HSC
a.w.e.s.o.m.e-o said:
I already listen to them and love them :p and yes, i agree they are a mixture of thrash and metal together. imo, they sound a tad bit like iron maiden.
They said they're gunna tour aus this year or next. They probably wont because i think Barlowe is still a cop.

Heard their new single? Barlowes voice is so low and diabolic in the chorus.

And yeah they do sound a fair amount like maiden. tThey also do alot of maiden covers too =]

HSC
neafoo said:
They said they're gunna tour aus this year or next. They probably wont because i think Barlowe is still a cop.

Heard their new single? Barlowes voice is so low and diabolic in the chorus.

And yeah they do sound a fair amount like maiden. tThey also do alot of maiden covers too =]
Either way, i'll most likely not be going because one, ill have no money for sure :p. two, non of my mates would come with me coz i dont think they like iced earth and i prefer to go with a mate then alone ;_;. oh and three, my mum will worry to much and that just sucks the fun out of everything D:.

:O! im so delayed ;_;, i dont keep up with these things anymore. no i havent (the shame) but if its low and diabolic im defiantly gonna love it

yesh! :3 that i know for a fact coz i got a cover of Hallowed Be Thy Name. thats my fav Iron Maiden song xD

Iron Maiden can be classified as power metal but only just. their more consistent with heavy metal but either way, their kickass!

neafoo

HSC
a.w.e.s.o.m.e-o said:
Either way, i'll most likely not be going because one, ill have no money for sure :p. two, non of my mates would come with me coz i dont think they like iced earth and i prefer to go with a mate then alone ;_;. oh and three, my mum will worry to much and that just sucks the fun out of everything D:.

:O! im so delayed ;_;, i dont keep up with these things anymore. no i havent (the shame) but if its low and diabolic im defiantly gonna love it

yesh! :3 that i know for a fact coz i got a cover of Hallowed Be Thy Name. thats my fav Iron Maiden song xD

Iron Maiden can be classified as power metal but only just. their more consistent with heavy metal but either way, their kickass!
Yeah don't worry chances are you wont miss out. The chance they will come here is very slim since Barlow is still a cop.

I go to gigs by myself all the time now since none of my friends like metal. Just go in the pit and it doesnt matter cause if you had friends with you you'd lose them anyway ;D

HSC
neafoo said:
Yeah don't worry chances are you wont miss out. The chance they will come here is very slim since Barlow is still a cop.

I go to gigs by myself all the time now since none of my friends like metal. Just go in the pit and it doesnt matter cause if you had friends with you you'd lose them anyway ;D
i dont get how him being a cop has to do with tutoring :/, explain plox?

lol so motivating :p. but there’s an epic difference between me and you. I'm only 17, a softy ;_; and shamefully, never been to any concert before >_>". plus i think i might get consumed by the pit xD. but anyways, its no big fuss for me to be honest.

I’ve been to one gig before with a few mates. Lets just says i was deaf afterwards xD. It was a grind core band and i was standing like, 3 metres away from them with a mate. The rest of my mates were at the back huddling together....they seemed scared. Made me lol

neafoo

HSC
a.w.e.s.o.m.e-o said:
i dont get how him being a cop has to do with tutoring :/, explain plox?

lol so motivating :p. but there’s an epic difference between me and you. I'm only 17, a softy ;_; and shamefully, never been to any concert before >_>". plus i think i might get consumed by the pit xD. but anyways, its no big fuss for me to be honest.

I’ve been to one gig before with a few mates. Lets just says i was deaf afterwards xD. It was a grind core band and i was standing like, 3 metres away from them with a mate. The rest of my mates were at the back huddling together....they seemed scared. Made me lol
Cops don't get big holidays in the USA apparently. If he can't get away from work to tour, then they can't tour.
They're hitting up europe though, so they might do Aus. Schaffer said in an interview they planned on it, but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't.

HSC
neafoo said:
Cops don't get big holidays in the USA apparently. If he can't get away from work to tour, then they can't tour.
They're hitting up europe though, so they might do Aus. Schaffer said in an interview they planned on it, but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't.
ahh! now it all makes sense xD. as long as they can still make their god damn awesome music then im happy

Me either

so, big power metal fan? :D

neafoo

HSC
a.w.e.s.o.m.e-o said:
ahh! now it all makes sense xD. as long as they can still make their god damn awesome music then im happy

Me either

so, big power metal fan? :D
Not really to be honest.
Helloween (why do Helloween have such a terrible, terrible name?) and Iced Earth. Maybe a few others. Not too keen on bands like blind guardian etc.

Mumma

HSC
awesome-o you remind me of my early taste in metal. I'm guessing you're just getting into it. I used to be HUGE into power metal but that wore off. Man Manowar are fun to listen to though. They are so cheesy. HAIL AND KILL! Check out Savatage and Queensryche for more of that 80s metal - especially the albums Hall of the Mountain King and Operation:Mindcrime, by each band respectively.

HSC
neafoo said:
I've got kreators first 3 cds but i've hardly listened to them. I dunno what cd that track is on but i'll check it out later =]
It's on Endless Pain.

HSC
Mumma said:
awesome-o you remind me of my early taste in metal. I'm guessing you're just getting into it. I used to be HUGE into power metal but that wore off. Man Manowar are fun to listen to though. They are so cheesy. HAIL AND KILL! Check out Savatage and Queensryche for more of that 80s metal - especially the albums Hall of the Mountain King and Operation:Mindcrime, by each band respectively.
I've been into power metal for a year now :p, i wouldnt say im obsessed but i do have a fairly large collection of power metal bands. however, power metal bands are also not the only type of metal i like :p.
lol Manowar are slightly cheesy, but i still enjoy listening to them every now and then
One step ahead of ya. i already listen to Savatage and Queensrÿche but i dont think i have those specific albums, maybe just a few songs. Been meaning to get a few more songs xD. But thanks anyways! :D

Last edited:
HSC
neafoo said:
Not really to be honest.
Helloween (why do Helloween have such a terrible, terrible name?) and Iced Earth. Maybe a few others. Not too keen on bands like blind guardian etc.
lol, coz their a power metal band xD, think its kinda a common theme with them :p.
i like all 3 bands you just mentioned.

pinkyforce7

HSC
I had a big power metal phase, although that phase was initiated by dragonforce, not REAL power metal. I dont really like them that much anymore though, but i still enjoy power metal.

The myspace link in my signature is a solo recording project of mine.
the first two songs are power metal. Battle of Righteousness is more symphonic like Rhapsody of Flames. and the other one called pinkimatt is my shitty attempt at writing and fast dragoforce-esc tunes from 3 years ago.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

HSC
pinkyforce7 said:
I had a big power metal phase, although that phase was initiated by dragonforce, not REAL power metal. I dont really like them that much anymore though, but i still enjoy power metal.

The myspace link in my signature is a solo recording project of mine.
the first two songs are power metal. Battle of Righteousness is more symphonic like Rhapsody of Flames. and the other one called pinkimatt is my shitty attempt at writing and fast dragoforce-esc tunes from 3 years ago.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Its still recent with me so i wont be getting sick of it anytime soon. Ah! Dragonforce, gosh there so fricken fast! i watched one of there film clips i swear it looked like the guitarists fingers were moving fasting then the notes he was playing (no, it wasnt lagging either :p).

I had a quick listen, your pretty good. are you a one man band? o.o cause thats pretty amazing. good luck getting out there.
do you mean Rhapsody Of Fire? :p ive got a few songs by Rhapsody but donno if theres a difference between the two :/.
i wouldnt call it a "shitty" attempt at all, id rather call it remarkable. like it :3[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

pinkyforce7

HSC
a.w.e.s.o.m.e-o said:
I had a quick listen, your pretty good. are you a one man band? o.o cause thats pretty amazing. good luck getting out there.
do you mean Rhapsody Of Fire? :p ive got a few songs by Rhapsody but donno if theres a difference between the two :/.
i wouldnt call it a "shitty" attempt at all, id rather call it remarkable. like it :3
thanks =) yeah i am one man + drummer matt. he is pretty skits with his metal drumming. so we co wrote that first one. mm not really trying to get out there no. I will wait until i get into a good band then i will start trying to sell it hey. btw, im pretty sure (not 100% certain) that rhapsody changed their name to rhapsody of fire, or vice versa for copywrite or something? something along those lines, so they are the same band. =)

neafoo

HSC
Can't wait to go back to play guitar and bass for 8 hours a day during the holidays :(

Any of you guys like overkill?

HSC
neafoo said:
Can't wait to go back to play guitar and bass for 8 hours a day during the holidays :(

Any of you guys like overkill?
Overkill are alright. i only have one song from them, think its called "Elimination"

neafoo

HSC
a.w.e.s.o.m.e-o said:
Overkill are alright. i only have one song from them, think its called "Elimination"
Heh that's probably their best.
The clip for it is great too... most metal bands unfortunately make terrible video clips.

HSC
neafoo said:
Heh that's probably their best.
The clip for it is great too... most metal bands unfortunately make terrible video clips.
havent seen it xD. but yes! i know metal clips can be er, shit ;_;. but its the music that makes it awesome! and therefore, overides the crappyness :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)