• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Morning After (WC2006) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Waking up at 6am (earliest I've woken up this year and I'm not exaggerating) I had a giant smile on my face. It still hasn't subsided. I woke up and was running through the house pumping my fists. The same in the shower. The same everywhere. Jumping up and down in disbelief.
So what does this victory mean for us:

1) Soccer will get more coverage (not sure if it's bad or good; I do like international soccer but wouldn't watch it regularly).
2) We are lucky to have been of age to witness this. Subsequent qualifications will be nothing compared to this. This was truly a match for us 'underdogs' a label we love.
3) Soccer gets more popular. Although, I would take this with a grain of salt as we love any sport Australia wins in.
4) We can really go far in the world cup. A lot of people will be supporting us abroad because of what we represent. Also, I have a large cock. By that I mean, we've seen crazy things happen in the world cup. I mean it's a game in which luck can favour either side. Let's hope luck favours ours.
5) WEEEEEEEEE WIIIIN!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
You mean to say that it's unpopular in terms of kids playing it now? It has very high enrollment figures. Parents also won't reverse their attitudes about soccer vs other sports just because of this win.

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Words do not describe how good it was in that stadium.... It was absolutely brilliant, but my voice is pretty much gone now, which should prove interesting for the formal..

I have been converted to becoming a Harry Kewell fan... he played the greatest game of his life last night... In a team of heroes, he really stood out....

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I thought kewell wasnt that great. He missed that kick in front of goal, however that resulted in a goal :p

I wish I bought tickets to that game :( Now, I wouldve paid $250 for a ticket :p

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
To me everytime Kewell touched the ball he looked like he was so close to cracking their defence.... his runs were awesome.

donkeydrop

HSC
yes Harry did well. Great night for FOOTBALL!

i hope Australia and Ukraine do well in WC and come 1st or 2nd in group stages :) :) :) :)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Although I think Harry wasn't as spectacular as everyone has been saying, it definetely was an improvement over his performance at Montevideo.
But I'm so friggin happy right now, it's insane. I can't believe we qualified! Too bad we're moving to Asia, we'd totally show those South Americans how to play

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i have the biggest bags under my eyes

my bro went to the game

he said the booing was so loud wen they played the uruguay anthem that you couldn;t even here it, u just saw a guy on the big screens mouthing into a mike and eventually start smirking beause he couldn;t even here himself.

He said everyone booed everytime uruguay got the ball, had a corner, throw or free kick, and everyone stood up and cheered every time we got the ball, especially harry.

Haha he also said they were given out cardboard signs that had go australia on them and within the first 10 minutes his and all his friends were all ripped up from shaking them in the air so agressively.

and post game, there's nothing like 80000 aussies singing down under.

swisstruffles

HSC
kewell was brilliant but u have to say every single person who was in the team last night and in montevideo had a crucial part to play in our qualification. from our defence guys who barely kept our heads above the water in the last 20 mins in the first leg, to popovic elbowing recoba resulting in kewell coming in, to the fluffed shot...really, it was all fate. i always believed there is fate in sport, and last night, every little thing just showed that it was meant to be our turn this time.

if u scan the uruguayan newspapers, its interesting to see practically no mention of the uruguayan players themselves after the match; its all photos of fossati crying and him taking the blame etc etc..his head will roll after this..id like to hear what the playrs are saying, especially recoba after his "divine right" stuff..hes probably regretting tring to wind us up like that

HSC
I thought this thread was about stas' sexual misadventures, but no tis about the football:

1) Kewell's big strike and miscue that lead to a goal was hilarious, even funnier were the commentators trying to cover it up.
2) Viduka's penalty shot was the most unco effort i'd ever seen
3) Schwarzer's second save was magical
4) John Aloisi has tight abs
5) Uruguays coach (Fossati?) is the biggest tosspot for chucking the ball at the socceroos player
6) Uruguay are whingy faggots as demonstrated by their bitching about the balls pressure at the start, GET THE FUCK ON WITH IT.
7) I hope we play as well as this in the World Cup

Jiga

i hope Australia and Ukraine do well in WC and come 1st or 2nd in group stages
Is Ukraine in the WC!!!???

As for Australia, I think Kewell and Schartzer were their best...Kewell looked dangerous everytime he had the ball and prity much was the only player who continually beat his man one on one and gave the Uruguains lots of trouble and Schartzer was one of the best because he prity much won it for us saving not one but two goals and fixing up Viduka's disgraceful kick (Im sure he is 10000x over releaved they won after that kick). My overall impressions were dat our defence was prity good, especially in the pressure situations, and our attack is ok but they really need to work on finishing....cos wif da amount of opportunties they made a betta team wood hav converted more into points on da board.

Was it just me though or was dat Cahill prity shyte? It looked to me that out of the whole team he was abit of a weak link, he was dominated by his opposition on many occasions.

Last edited by a moderator:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Ukraine qualified really early on. First european nation i think to do so (barring german of course

HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
The ref was so blind!
The Uruguayans play in such a dirty way. They roll over like 5 times when someone hits them in the arm, and they grab their face instead. I don't know if anyone saw, but at the 39th minute Vidmar got a yellow card for touching a Uruguayan, who I think got slightly touched on the face. The dude falls to the ground, rolls over pretending he's in excruiciating pain, covering his face with his hands, then peeks through his fingers to see if anyone's buying it. They did that sort of shit so many times. They did it in Montevideo too.
I agree with this; they were such wosses! Also, I don't think the ref knows how to give out yellow cards. He gave them to the innocent (Vidmar!), and he let the guilty get away with playing dirty! (playing dirty can sometimes be good though...)

Numero Uno

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
I agree with this; they were such wosses! Also, I don't think the ref knows how to give out yellow cards. He gave them to the innocent (Vidmar!), and he let the guilty get away with playing dirty! (playing dirty can sometimes be good though...)
meh theres nothin wrong with playing dirty
its the south american way, countries in europe are far worse
but thats what we do even brazil does it to a lesser extent
though it gives us the results , & we need to intemidate our oppenents
so its all good :cool:

HSC
Numero Uno said:
The only thing wrong with playing dirty is when both teams play dirty, and only one team (the team against Australia :() gets free kicks.

tacky

HSC
N/A
Numero Uno said:
Fark off - that's how bloody riots start with all this playing dirty shit. Pisses me off big time with all this frigging gamesmenship, wasting time, faking, diving, acting, etc. When I watch a sport I want to see skill and excitement. If I want to watch shit acting then I would watch Home & Away. FAIR PLAY (the FIFA moto) is what we want to see.

Jimmy_B

HSC
tacky said:
Fark off - that's how bloody riots start with all this playing dirty shit. Pisses me off big time with all this frigging gamesmenship, wasting time, faking, diving, acting, etc. When I watch a sport I want to see skill and excitement. If I want to watch shit acting then I would watch Home & Away. FAIR PLAY (the FIFA moto) is what we want to see.
fifa's fair play award is a crock of shit. in fact you could probably extened that to fifa is a crock of shit. lucky we went through, otherwise we'd be rightfully questioning how two strong teams like australia and uruguay can be pitted against each other while two pretty shite teams in t&t and bahrain be pitted togethor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)