The most important aspect in a job (1 Viewer)

Which is most important?

• Total voters

latvia

HSC
N/A
Which of the following do you care for the most?

PS. You should know why I didn't include money as one of the options

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
People you work with.
If you have an awesome job with a bunch of shitheads, most likely you're gunna hate it

HSC
working environment, mostly people you work with

i could leave my job and work somewhere where i actually had decent pay and didn't have to work all weekend, but i like the people i work with too much

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
somehow the option of salary/wage is not up there, which is arguably the most important aspect one can think of.

i reckon job security comes right after.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
wuddie said:
somehow the option of salary/wage is not up there, which is arguably the most important aspect one can think of.

i reckon job security comes right after.
I disagree. I think people are more likely to stay in a lower paying job if they enjoy the work and like the people they work with, like katie said.
Especially if it's just a job during uni, or if its an entry level job that is necessary to get a foot in the door for a career, which is the situation most people on this site are in, I'd say.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
#1 is money for obvious reasons, I gotta fund uni and social life and so on somehow
#2 environment + people because a shitty workplace and cunts for coworkers is not going to be made better by being paid a lot
#3 job security, this is a big one for me and I would venture to say that if I was in a shitty job I would not leave unless I was totally sure I had something else lined up first, I learned this the hard way :eek:

My job atm has 1 and 2 covered, and probably 3 as well except that since I'm casual obviously they can change around my roster however they please. Which I accept.

edit: obviously I'm talking about part time jobs while studying here. When it's your chosen career its a bit different

Last edited:

jannny

HSC
Definitely, the people that you're workign with. If they're dickheads then more likely you're gna hate ur job, especially bossy people(with exception to manager of course), lazy ones.

Pay also,

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
Lizakith said:
I disagree.
surprise
I think people are more likely to stay in a lower paying job if they enjoy the work and like the people they work with, like katie said.
Especially if it's just a job during uni, or if its an entry level job that is necessary to get a foot in the door for a career, which is the situation most people on this site are in, I'd say.
true to an extend. if they paid you enough, most people would be tempted to do anything even if they wouldn't enjoy it. we are all slave to money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)