The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
wtf suga? you barely eating anything...

breakfast, nutragrain
lunch crab and calamari
lunch 2, oportos
dinner, wedding food
after dinner bottle of water

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
AsyLum said:
Breakfast: nothing
Lunch: Steak sandwich
Dinner: Nachos and Pizza

Exercise: 1 hour workout + 1 hour run
excercise wise u did awsome! I can't run an hour.. by the end of the year i would like to reach that stage though

personally on the treadmill i can only run 15 minutes and thats with much difficulty.. im puffed out and ready to die lol.. which is why i prefer cross trainer which is faster than walking but not running either.

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Orange Juice said:
are you serious asylum? 1 hour run? how many km?

im trying to get some cardio cuz ive been having semi heart attacks but damn i run like 5 metres and i need a breather
do you get a lot of heart burn?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Orange Juice said:
are you serious asylum? 1 hour run? how many km?

im trying to get some cardio cuz ive been having semi heart attacks but damn i run like 5 metres and i need a breather
Dunno mate, I have a few big soccer/rugby fields around me, and I just went around the two soccer fields for an hour rofl, never really measured runs on distance, its usually been on time.

clairegirl said:
excercise wise u did awsome! I can't run an hour.. by the end of the year i would like to reach that stage though

personally on the treadmill i can only run 15 minutes and thats with much difficulty.. im puffed out and ready to die lol.. which is why i prefer cross trainer which is faster than walking but not running either.
I used to be a rugby winger, played for ten years, skateboarded almost every day through most of high school and actively played sports during school, so i've always kinda had the ability to do that stuff, just kinda stopped during HSC year and haven't really picked it up since :(

HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
hrrm just reading over this again... it doesn't sound you did that bad glitter.. u did 2 hours of a flamenco lesson, thats some good excercise u got in there :)
It sounds like it, but actually isn't. Flamenco for the most part is low/medium intensity until you get the the higher levels. Since I'm *used* to working at the higher level for basically all my other dance forms, flamenco doesn't give me much of a workout unless we're talking about arm muscles :S

and whoo for mike's 1 hour run and 1 hour workout! That's awesome!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
clairegirl said:
Hehehe glitter i had maccas as well tonight! :p... looks like Pb and iambored and sukiyaki are the only ones who sufficed this saturday :p
funny you should say that because i was literally | | far from having maccas, then decided against it (because i had fast food night before and hot chips a few hours before that)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
iambored said:
funny you should say that because i was literally | | far from having maccas, then decided against it (because i had fast food night before and hot chips a few hours before that)
yeahh you know what after a whole week of eating healthy... maccas taste sort of pale in comparison.

Todays going alright, but i think im eating too much calories today and not excercising is going to make it worst.

So far today:

Breakfast: Steamed chicken and bok choy
Lunch: 3 peices of cheese lol a couple of spoonfulf of creamy pasta salad lol

I was still hungry so i made myself a funny version of stir fry ... its really big :s not sure if i can finish it but its got english spinach, capsicum, steamed wan ton thingies (they're like dim sims but smaller) and chicken.

HSC
everyone's been so good with the exercise putting me to shame!
yesterday for me was 550 cals, 24 grams liking the totals but basically ate bread because i was so busy plus am a total bread addict- will have to eat something nice and healthy today to make up for it - going well so far walked to chatswood (from roseville) and had my morning bread but fruit for lunch and will prolly have some grilled fish for dinner which is a bit better... maybe a nonfat yoghurt for calcium
i feel so much better when i'm not eating heaps of crap this thread was a great idea it's so tempting to go eat everything in sight when u're making urself study
i should probably cut back a tad on the ciggies tho... bad tash
3 hrs study down so far... not as much as i'd hoped will have to get into it now...

HSC
N/A
scarecrow_of_oz said:
everyone's been so good with the exercise putting me to shame!
yesterday for me was 550 cals, 24 grams liking the totals but basically ate bread because i was so busy plus am a total bread addict- will have to eat something nice and healthy today to make up for it - going well so far walked to chatswood (from roseville) and had my morning bread but fruit for lunch and will prolly have some grilled fish for dinner which is a bit better... maybe a nonfat yoghurt for calcium
i feel so much better when i'm not eating heaps of crap this thread was a great idea it's so tempting to go eat everything in sight when u're making urself study
i should probably cut back a tad on the ciggies tho... bad tash
3 hrs study down so far... not as much as i'd hoped will have to get into it now...
It's all about personal goals and methods, sweetie :) If exercise is your target area, you don't need to worry about going to the gym as often as Anne, or doing as many situps as me etc etc, because we're all different people with different target areas and different methods that we're going to use to achieve these goals. It's all about personal improvement over time - personal improvement for YOU, not compared to anyone else :) Looks like you're doing a good job so far!

HSC
that's true - still, good on u all for getting the exercise in - dancing's a great idea i might take it up in the hols how long have u been dancing for?
my main aim's to stop myself stress eating the entire planet, and i haven't been doing that the last few days so that's good. the planet remains safe.

HSC
N/A
scarecrow_of_oz said:
that's true - still, good on u all for getting the exercise in - dancing's a great idea i might take it up in the hols how long have u been dancing for?
my main aim's to stop myself stress eating the entire planet, and i haven't been doing that the last few days so that's good. the planet remains safe.
HAHAHAHAHA!

In other news, I've been dancing since I was 6, however I think I'd been doing "phyzzie" (physical culture) since I was 4ish... stopped a year or two after though :p

I love dance, however do bear in mind different dance forms have different levels of intensity. If you actually want a workout, stick to jazz, hiphop or funk (if you're feeling up for a challenge you could try ballet, lyrical or contemporary). But the others are fun to do anyway :) and people tend to work harder at things they enjoy :)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
clairegirl said:
do you get a lot of heart burn?
well, im not exactly sure what that is... for example, yesterday went out and for like a minute my chest (place where my heart is) was just hurting....it was just out of the blue...

its like i dont know what a hangover, or a headache is because i dont get em... at least i dont think i do...

damn asylum, im feeling so bad about not working out for like 2 weeks now... think imma have to get back into it this week... i dont know how big a soccer field is, since i dont go near anything active...

glitterfairy, what kinda dance do you do? you mentioned that f.... dance, but is that something you could pull off in a club? i wanna learn to dance!

HSC
N/A
Orange Juice said:
glitterfairy, what kinda dance do you do? you mentioned that f.... dance, but is that something you could pull off in a club? i wanna learn to dance!
"f.... dance"? lol... I hope you mean flamenco dance ;)

And no, it's not really the sort of thing you could pull off in a club. Flamenco is the folk/national dance of Spain - think fiery passion, castanets, palmas (hand-clapping) high-intensity footwork, wrist movements and lots of skirt-swishing. Ole!

However I'm also proficient in tap (my forte, actually...), jazz, funk, hiphop, lyrical jazz, contemporary, theatre jazz, irish, belly dance, am cross-trained in classical ballet and know enough swing and salsa dance to get me by :)

You'd certainly be able to pull off funk (stylised fusion of jazz and hiphop elements, frequently seen in music videos) and hiphop in a club :) hiphop is so incredibly awesome... but if you plan on taking it up, please go to a REAL hiphop teacher as opposed to a wannabe/jazz teacher doing jazz routines to "hiphop" music like Beyonce's "Work it Out"... :S There are a lot of faux hiphop teacher out there due to the popularity of hiphop at the moment, and just as fake "hiphoppers" suck, fake hiphop dance does too ;)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You can pull it off at the Spanish club!

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
nah i dont wanna learn hiphop, considering im too old for the clubs these days... and plus hiphop is just about being creative and moving to the beat... i guess its kinda hard when your unco...

i wanna learn to dance like ballroom style (is that what its called?)... ive never been asked, but if it ever comes up least ill know how to lead...

im gonna go watch that antonio banderas movie and steal his moves...

HSC
N/A
Orange Juice said:
nah i dont wanna learn hiphop, considering im too old for the clubs these days... and plus hiphop is just about being creative and moving to the beat... i guess its kinda hard when your unco...

i wanna learn to dance like ballroom style (is that what its called?)... ive never been asked, but if it ever comes up least ill know how to lead...

im gonna go watch that antonio banderas movie and steal his moves...
Sweetheart, all forms of dance use creativity and "moving to the beat". And no, you're never to old to learn any form of dance. There's this woman that is probably around 60 that did the same hiphop classes as me - she was awesome :D

Ballroom is kind of a subgenre of the partner dancing "field" (I'm getting pedantic here, but basically there are three - the folk dances, the "modern" dances (ie ballet/tap/jazz) and the partner dancers) in which include the foxtrot, waltz, new vogue etc... I'm still something of a beginner so I don't really know the specifics :S

From what I know, they can sort of be broken down into the "Traditional" ones, like waltz/foxtrot (where the men wear tuxedos and women wear those big poofy dresses), the latin ones (like salsa - SALSA IS SO COOL! - Latin, chacha, tango and samba), and the 50s ones (like jive, swing etc).

Salsa's a really fun one, in my opinion. :) smooth and sexy and latino! Oooeee!

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
where do you take your classes? how do you know im not too old? ok so im not 60, but im close to it!

youve so lost me on all those types of dances...

HSC
N/A
I take classes in a whole bunch of places around sydney - tap in turramurra/kellyville (until glenn stopped teaching :( ), flamenco in newtown etc.

I did most of my jazz/hiphop/etc stuff down at Sydney Dance Company, which is very near Circular Quay. I was taught swing/salsa by a friend of a mine.

How do I know you're not too old? Because I've taught people 60 years and up. If they can do it well, you can too :p The whole age thing is for the most part, a myth, or a "justification" for not doing something you secretly really want to do. :)

Don't worry too much about names. It's a bit like terminology - means squat if you don't know much about their context/area of specification, but once you get into it they're like your bread and butter :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)