The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Re: The MQ weightloss/marks gain Support Thread!

Hey Mike, could you change the title of the thread to "the MQ get healthy/study thread?

Or something like that... :p I agree with clairegirl that the title doesn't really reflect its motive.

brogan77 said:
you don't need to be obsessing like this.
You're sweet, brogan. :)

But heh, if you think this is obsessing.... lol. You ain't seen nothing, pal!

*hopeful*

HSC
Re: The MQ weightloss/marks gain Support Thread!

ok so i had no idea that 2400 calaroies a day wuz alot but i wuz thinkin that 4 weetbix plus toast n eggs....umm maybe a bit overloaded

so anyone know how much is normal 4 a girl- who has alot of weight 2 lose ie me

HSC
wow i'm busy for a day and already there's a million new posts this is one popular thread
cg i'm not doing any research - i did all that during my obsessive stage in yr 9 - it's annoying when u start having to look everything up but after a while u just tend to remember amounts, plus most things like bread, cheese, yoghurt etc print the amounts on the packets (can't wait till they all have to) so u just add up the components and that's ur total for the meal. for girls - i can't remember where i read it (probably some crappy diet guide so i don't know how much stock u'd put in it) but it recommended 1000-1200 cals though it does depend heaps on how much u weigh how active ur lifestyle is etc.
totals yesterday were 950cals, 12grams (after subtracting 150, 1.5 for incidental exercise like walking to work etc - and yes i know u don't subtract fat as well but i've always done that taking off 1 gram for every 100cals it has no real meaning its just an incentive to do stuff when i'm not happy with my totals).
i also did four hours study in the morning.
today not going so well... especially with the study only done 1 hr so far gonna try for one more before the bf comes ova and then i've got work till late - oh well gonna pull a massive sesh tommorrow

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Updated my signature lol... i should probably find it embarassing but what the hell.. nothing can be as embarassing as those photos i posted up :)

*hopeful*

HSC
wat photo's ?

wats there 2 b embaressed bout, losing 12kgs is awesome, u rock!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
*hopeful* said:
wat photo's ?

wats there 2 b embaressed bout, losing 12kgs is awesome, u rock!
err see page 11 of this thiread :s

oh and hopeful after u see the photos, come say hello next time in the bba207 lecture...no excuses now :p

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
haha yeh.. my 'research' isnt exactly new cuz i went through my obsessive stage like last year (plus im fat again lol)

anyhooz... wellll.. for a girl who's like 150cm tall and is similar weight as me (but im not putting that up lol), it should be like 1100 calories a day or something, but still you shouldn't eat under 1200 cuz ur muscle will go away, ur metabolism will die... and stuff like that lol.
so yehhh, hopeful... assuming ur not like massive... it should be around 1200 a day

ooohh and anne. don't be embarrassed... be proud!

Last edited:

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
ooh today, i got hungry and i was like oh no what do i eat lol... and then i thought ' i shall eat an apple and post it and show you bos ppl how healthy i ate and you can be proud' hahaha... im so sad i know :( lol but my point is that this thread is motivational

study: jack poop today
i couldn't sleep last night, so i woke up really late, and i was like... poop! the library will be closed... and then after lunch i fell asleep lol.. then got up at 2 (=O) and went to the leisure centre and got lost lol... and then the car battery died =O ... so i sat there waiting for my uncle for like aaages (cuz i told him i was on Elizabeth Dr, when i was on Nth Liverpool Rd oops) ... then just got home like 30mins ago. so yeh no study today. SO not only am i a time waster, buti am also the biggest n00b

mserica

HSC
Bad day... again.. this is terrible... i consumed 1/2 can of condensed milk.. ohhh yum.. i did enjoy it... dont ask me why i craved it, but i did and then i just finished some nutella and bread.. and take a look at the time 11pm.. i should not be eating this so late.. but this Marketing assignment is due so i needed a sugar fix.

Hoping next week i will be much better

The aim of 5kg weight loss is still there however I have a friends wedding in nov.. so i really got to get into a serious eating plan!! that does not involve nutella or cadbury.!!!!

HELP!!!!!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
mserica, this thread will help, it’s already began to make you think about what you’re eating.

Haha yes pb, it is definitely motivational. Besides cleaning my desk (2 days and going strong) I have decided that to go with the name change of the thread, I am also going to get healthy. I wrote this up this morning.

1) What are your goals?
  • increase calcium
  • Eat more fruit
2) Reasons for being at current state
  • I haven’t been drinking much milk because I cbb and sometimes it makes me feel sick. I probably do have an intake of calcium every day, between eating cheese and green veggies that contain calcium, but I don’t think it’s enough to make up the recommended amount.
  • After meals I generally cbb to eat fruit, probably because I’m full or because it will make me thirsty. I don’t find that fruit does anything for hunger so I will hardly ever choose it as a snack. At school I used to have it with my recess every day, but after school I got lazy because I had to make a conscious effort to eat it.
3) Why I want to …
  • I want to increase my calcium intake now so that I don’t have problems later (lack of calcium during younger years causes big problems later) and so that I get into good habits now. Family history says I should start thinking about it before it’s too late.
  • Because now that I am not at school I can go whole days without eating fruit. Eating it makes me feel more healthy.
4) How I plan to …
  • Start by drinking ½ a glass of plain milk every day, probably with breakfast, and see how that goes. At least this way I know I am getting some from of calcium every day, and a bit extra than I normally would. Later I will have a look at the real amount of calcium needed every day and see where to go from there.
  • Bring fruit to uni and eat it while I am there. Finish at least 1 meal a day with fruit, if not 2 or 3.

5) Subjects being studied at MQ (for potential studdybuddy purposes)
find me first :p

6) Academic goals
To know I have done the best I could on any assignment or test

7) How I plan to get reach goals
Give myself enough time to do things. Firstly, I need to do as much work as I can in lectures so I don’t waste time catching up at home. Next, I have to stay up to date with my notes so I have enough time to study before exams. If I haven’t done anything and I know I should, I will force myself to do even 10 mins of work. Finally, I have to give myself enough time to do assignments. Unfortunately, I am a last minute person and I work fairly well under a little pressure. This will not change. So rather than trying to do assignments in advance, I will try to do background research and plan in advance. This will give me time to work effectively under pressure to do the actual assignment (read: I have tried and tried to finish assignments before the due date but it doesn’t work so I give up).

To kick it off, today:
Breakfast: toast with cinnamon sugar, ½ glass milk
Lunch: stirfry with rice, beef, capsicum, onion
Dinner: bruschetta. breville sandwich with avocado, cheese, tomato, onion, chicken. Kiwi fruit.
Snacks: mandarin, chocolate, peanuts.
Additions due to this thread: ½ glass milk, kiwi fruit

Study:
Willingly listened to 40 mins of 1 ilecture. After lunch, didn’t feel like doing anything but had limited time and felt guilty so forced myself to listen to a bit of another.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
yay i can kinda participated in this thread now~ :)

i ate:
breakie : cornflakes, sustegen
lunch: milk, nutrella on toast, sustegen
arvo snack: orange juice, sunflower seeds
dinner : rice with bok choi?, chicken,
midnight snack: urm baked spring rolls :? lol lame attempted of being healthy by not deep frying them =/

HSC
N/A
hahha, oh today is such a blah day...

Breakfast - one slice of buttered toast, one slice of toast with cottage cheese on it
Lunch - Wholemeal sandwhich with shaved chicken (hmm, on second thoughts it's not looking too bad... yet)
Dinner - Cheeseburger
AT THE BAR - 2 vodka and rasberry thingos (this is massive for me because I like, basically never drink)
Second dinner - a couple of nuggets from Mcdonald's, and two hash browns are currently in the oven :S

Exercise - 2 hour flamenco lesson

Study - on a weekend? Get stuffed :p

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Hehehe glitter i had maccas as well tonight! :p... looks like Pb and iambored and sukiyaki are the only ones who sufficed this saturday :p

Overall: Bloody awful lol i told u weekends im just such a wanka when it comes to diet/excercise ... late to work, literally had spoonfuls of whatever was on the counter.... soooo bad had spoonfuls of mi goreng left over from someone last night, n e way work, then uni library to try and get my head around an assignment (i seriously don't know how to do it :() .... then hung out with some friends, then went to the movies to watch di vinci code then went to maccas later and now im at home... reading about all of your days.

Breakfast- spoonfuls of left over last night mi goreng, it made me feel sick gross and i somehow misplaced $270 at work somehow.. somewhere in the calculating, i rekon it was because i was feelin ill throughout work, i could barely concentrate i felt so fat and so bloated after eating mi goreng the whole day, coz i ate it in like 20 seconds or less and i had a stomache ache and everything :(

Lunch: Oh this was good, i had this soup stuff with veggies and fish.

Dinner: 2 peices of cheese that i just stuffed into my mouth (it was all i could find that was healthy before i had to meet up with ppl so it wasn't much at all)

Second dinner (after movies around 12:30am :S:S:S lol) MACCAS! lol... i had 6 chicken nuggets with chicken sauce, cheeseburger and water.

Excercise: Nil and i don't plan to do any this weekend either.... ohh i did run from the library to my car haha (but only coz i was cold and wanted to warm up)

I'm such a slacker on the weekends gahh! anyway watch di vinci code, its very faithful to the book :)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
glitterfairy said:
hahha, oh today is such a blah day...

Breakfast - one slice of buttered toast, one slice of toast with cottage cheese on it
Lunch - Wholemeal sandwhich with shaved chicken (hmm, on second thoughts it's not looking too bad... yet)
Dinner - Cheeseburger
AT THE BAR - 2 vodka and rasberry thingos (this is massive for me because I like, basically never drink)
Second dinner - a couple of nuggets from Mcdonald's, and two hash browns are currently in the oven :S

Exercise - 2 hour flamenco lesson

Study - on a weekend? Get stuffed :p
hrrm just reading over this again... it doesn't sound you did that bad glitter.. u did 2 hours of a flamenco lesson, thats some good excercise u got in there :)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
pb said:
ooh today, i got hungry and i was like oh no what do i eat lol... and then i thought ' i shall eat an apple and post it and show you bos ppl how healthy i ate and you can be proud' hahaha... im so sad i know :( lol but my point is that this thread is motivational

study: jack poop today
i couldn't sleep last night, so i woke up really late, and i was like... poop! the library will be closed... and then after lunch i fell asleep lol.. then got up at 2 (=O) and went to the leisure centre and got lost lol... and then the car battery died =O ... so i sat there waiting for my uncle for like aaages (cuz i told him i was on Elizabeth Dr, when i was on Nth Liverpool Rd oops) ... then just got home like 30mins ago. so yeh no study today. SO not only am i a time waster, buti am also the biggest n00b
aww i do that too! lol well on my good days.. i think aww if i eat that snickers im going to have to tell everyone about it :s i'de better have an apple/salad instead :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Breakfast: nothing
Lunch: Steak sandwich
Dinner: Nachos and Pizza

Exercise: 1 hour workout + 1 hour run

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
are you serious asylum? 1 hour run? how many km?

im trying to get some cardio cuz ive been having semi heart attacks but damn i run like 5 metres and i need a breather

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
mserica said:
Bad day... again.. this is terrible... i consumed 1/2 can of condensed milk.. ohhh yum.. i did enjoy it... dont ask me why i craved it, but i did and then i just finished some nutella and bread.. and take a look at the time 11pm.. i should not be eating this so late.. but this Marketing assignment is due so i needed a sugar fix.

Hoping next week i will be much better

The aim of 5kg weight loss is still there however I have a friends wedding in nov.. so i really got to get into a serious eating plan!! that does not involve nutella or cadbury.!!!!

HELP!!!!!!
I LURRRRVEEE condense milk... i used to have orgasms eating it lol... just to give you an indication of how much i love condense milk ...for my 20th birthday i recieved condense milk from 3 different people!!

LOL @ half a can! mate that sounds glorious! *drooooool* .... i don't have it now though only because it would take more than 3 hours of walking to burn off the amount i like to have lol and im weird as a kid i used to eat it with a lil rice and then POUR condense milk ALL over it so that it was saturated in it... and i admit i still do!!... just not in the ridiculous amounts i used to have

Condense milk is definately my weakness, if i happen to come across it... it takes an extrodinary amount of willpower and PAIN (yes PAIN! coz my heart breaks when i walk away from it.

My other weakness is cheesecake... if confronted with cheesecake, i have no willpower whatsoever.. if put in front of me, willpower gets thrown out the window... actually cheesecake is the only thing that I absolutely refuse to give up. I won't go looking for it but if it finds me, then there's nooooooooo way im passing it up.

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
bfast - nothing
lunch - half a small takeaway container of chicken pad thai, lots of water, 1 blue berry muffin
dinner - egg ommlet, rice & steammed bok choi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)