The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (3 Viewers)

HSC
N/A
Orange Juice said:
there was that small opportunity where i am mistaken and ill look like a putz. it was in the food court this arvo.
Oooh... I was only in there for about a minute when I needed to steal a straw for my chocolate milk (SAM shop had run out). I was wearing my jeans, a cream zip-up jacket, a pink patterned bag and had most of my hair out... if that's who you saw, it was me! :D

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hey yeah definately glitter, completely agree with you on not depriving yourself of carbs... I did it for two weeks... i felt more energy but my "cheat" days where i'de "carb" up ... i'de feel disgustingly bloated and tired and would sleep all day... not exactly the best days of my life... stupid ketogenic diet!! grr! lol

carbs are your body's "preferred" source of energy for the normal bodily functions i.e your central nervous system etc and if your on a low carb diet for ages.. you can get kidney problems later on in life because low carb diets usually tell you to increase your fat-intake and your kidneys get "strained".

The first diet I ever tried before detox which was weight watchers (surprisingly)... i'de get stabbing pains in my stomache (i literally couldn't move, i was on my bed holding my stomache all night) and i went to the doctor and he said it was a drastic and sudden change in diet... from going from absolute crap food everyday (seriously i ate like a guy!) in copious amounts to absolutely healthy food. lol He did say that it would pass but hey i just thought i'de post that up for people here as a word of warning... if u want to get healthy do it gradually.

Have you guys ever detox'd? It's the best thing that ever happened to me.. it was like the start of my "journey" so to speak. It's eating organic chicken, natural stuff... it flushes out your toxins and all that stuff, so i'de recommend this to everyone, detoxing is cool, i was eating shitloads more than i usually do but all healthy stuff, its like fine tuning a car... if you wanna go hard and fitness is on ur agenda, do this first... your body burns stuff a lot quicker after detox

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Oooh... I was only in there for about a minute when I needed to steal a straw for my chocolate milk (SAM shop had run out). I was wearing my jeans, a cream zip-up jacket, a pink patterned bag and had most of my hair out... if that's who you saw, it was me! :D
well, i was wearing jeans and a black jacket. Also my glasses. Thats me! Cant recall what you were wearing. You should get changed back into it and take a photo.

Clairegirl, i heard detox'ing is a bitch! What does it do besides clense?

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
today was argh.... had a bad tummy... but oh well at least i didn't eat heaps of junk food or anything...

breakfast: scrambled eggs with veg and cheese =D ... argh but then threw it up (.... like u sooo wanted to know that)
lunchy munchy: 1/2 ham, cheese and salad sandwich .. then threw that up lol
... and then i lost the other 1/2 of the sandwich (wat the frig lol)
snack: mandarin
snack: was feeling empty and i ate nearly a whole packet of pretzels! =/
dinner: 1/2 chicken, cheese and salad sandwich, 1 tub yoghurt

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Orange Juice said:

mmm the benefits are debateable... and whether they stem from the detoxing ur system of toxins or whether they just come from eating healthier lol.

I dunno, i did it and i liked it.. i was eating pancakes, soy milk, shitloads of veggies and other stuff lol it was great! I didn't get those stabbing pains in my diet or anything and it prepared me for the stuff that followd

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
pb said:
today was argh.... had a bad tummy... but oh well at least i didn't eat heaps of junk food or anything...

breakfast: scrambled eggs with veg and cheese =D ... argh but then threw it up (.... like u sooo wanted to know that)
lunchy munchy: 1/2 ham, cheese and salad sandwich .. then threw that up lol
... and then i lost the other 1/2 of the sandwich (wat the frig lol)
snack: mandarin
snack: was feeling empty and i ate nearly a whole packet of pretzels! =/
dinner: 1/2 chicken, cheese and salad sandwich, 1 tub yoghurt
aww pb whats wrong with you?
:s

you threw up heaps

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
clairegirl said:
aww pb whats wrong with you?
:s

you threw up heaps
lol i dunno
maybe cuz i ate too much yesterday? :confused:
or maybe cuz i wasn't hungry in the morning but then i forced myself to eat since like its breakfast and u gotta always have breakfast... and then i treadmilled after that and yeh lol... had stitches dammit!

HSC
N/A
Orange Juice said:
well, i was wearing jeans and a black jacket. Also my glasses. Thats me! Cant recall what you were wearing. You should get changed back into it and take a photo.

My mum's detoxed a couple of times. Can't eat eggs, can't have milk, can't have meat, can't eat any carbs other than this wholegrain rice thingo. The mere mention of such detox-foods makes me feel sick to my stomach, not to mention the knowledge that 90% of detox-ers feel REALLY sick the first few days. To me, that's just not a healthy thing... good changes are long-term, and as 'healthy' as the detox is, I view it just like any other crash diet because it's one of those extreme short-term thingos.

If it works for other people, more power to them. But my instinct tells me I'd almost kill myself eating like that (I start feeling very weird if I am deprived of carbs, and also of red meat after a while), so... no detox for Lynny!

OJ, I love you, but not enough to get out of my fuzzy jumper thing I'm currently wearing and this lovely furry blanket I'm wrapped in, just so you can see what I was wearing earlier today :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
food: hmm, i don't think i have had any fruit yet today, i think i'll go and eat some now.
study: handed in an assignment and i didn't feel relieved to finish it or hand it in. i hope it's ok :S
before i go to bed i have to finish an ilecture which is why i have been logged onto this forum for the last 2 hours and will be for a while yet.

yikes pb :(

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
glitterfairy said:
OJ, I love you, but not enough to get out of my fuzzy jumper thing I'm currently wearing and this lovely furry blanket I'm wrapped in, just so you can see what I was wearing earlier today :p
woah woah, glitter, lets slow down. i dont think im ready for a relationship like this yet. i hope asylum doesnt find out, cuz his got like 7 jealous bones in him.

you dont need to get changed back, just show a pic of what you be wearing now.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
glitterfairy said:
My mum's detoxed a couple of times. Can't eat eggs, can't have milk, can't have meat, can't eat any carbs other than this wholegrain rice thingo. The mere mention of such detox-foods makes me feel sick to my stomach, not to mention the knowledge that 90% of detox-ers feel REALLY sick the first few days. To me, that's just not a healthy thing... good changes are long-term, and as 'healthy' as the detox is, I view it just like any other crash diet because it's one of those extreme short-term thingos.

If it works for other people, more power to them. But my instinct tells me I'd almost kill myself eating like that (I start feeling very weird if I am deprived of carbs, and also of red meat after a while), so... no detox for Lynny!

really?oh i must've done a different detox diet (there's different ones out there) coz i was eating eggs (the freerange kind lol) and organic chicken and everything lol.

My friend was doing the same detox diet as me , it was really weird because she was feeling really sick and lethargic for the first few days, whereas i was just bouncing off the walls and felt fine.

Just goes to show there's different effects on different people...

HSC
N/A
Orange Juice said:
woah woah, glitter, lets slow down. i dont think im ready for a relationship like this yet. i hope asylum doesnt find out, cuz his got like 7 jealous bones in him.

you dont need to get changed back, just show a pic of what you be wearing now.
That still requires me to get rid of my furry blanket (one of those fake mink ones). And to that, I say no :p

In other news, dessert: Two slices of pinapple and a glass of lite milk.

In other other news: I can hear the sounds of my brother yelling at my mum, because she's doing the asian parent thing and trying to guilt-force him into going to some academic thing... dunno whether it's a course or tuition (he's in Yr 10 btw...) omg, I love uni so much right now!!! Academically, I'm totally independant aside from HECS.

HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
really?oh i must've done a different detox diet (there's different ones out there) coz i was eating eggs (the freerange kind lol) and organic chicken and everything lol.

My friend was doing the same detox diet as me , it was really weird because she was feeling really sick and lethargic for the first few days, whereas i was just bouncing off the walls and felt fine.

Just goes to show there's different effects on different people...
Oohh!

I'm currently already eating organic chicken and freerange eggs :D Ces't yummy!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Oohh!

I'm currently already eating organic chicken and freerange eggs :D Ces't yummy!
yurrm lucky girl! i wish i could eat that stuff daily! but i buy my own veggies and meat.. i can't afford it :( i can barely afford the fish n chicken i buy weekly :'( i hate being a uni student!

i eat separately from my family coz they all eat shit, but only my bro n dad can afford to.. my mum on the other hand, these holidays im going to whip her into shape!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Today so far. really good :D

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs (i was in a rush so i just grabbed anything)
Lunch: steamed bok choy and steamed chicken
Dinner: Pending, a multi-grain sandwich with alphalpha sprouts and steamed chicken probably
Snack: 2 apples

Excercise: I'm determined to goto the gym tonight around 6pm... and i wanna go hard.

Study: Most of my morning was caught up reformatting my lap top :( .. but i did start a chapter summary. I'm staying at uni for a couple of hours to go through my acst101 lecture notes :)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
studying is still going bad... i keep getting distracted! =/

edit: oooh i have a signature lol.. i completely forgot i had it cuz i never clicked 'Show your signature' ... i <3 that song!

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
you shouldn't have to click 'show your sig' it should be automatically ticked, there must be an option to change it somewhere but i can't find it :S

HSC
N/A
Breakfast: Vanilla Jalna yoghurt

Brunch: Some noodles/meat/broccoli

Lunch: More yoghourt, and more noodles/meat/broccoli

Dinner 1: Mashed potatoes

Dinner 2: Pending

Study: *cough* will look at BBA250 presentation notes tonight. Should probably do something else as well... :( But will I, is the question?

Exercise: Taught tap for a little over two hours again. Damn, after last night's session with the teenagers/adults I am so frustrated with these little kids who have been spoilt rotten by their previous teacher (read: lack of discipline) and who don't have enough class time (read: teacher/me frustration). Their routines and exam results had better be effing good, because I'll need that as pulling power for more class time next year!!!!!!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
ooh glitter... im liking the brocli put into your diet today :D... i like your lunch! sounds nice.. brocli/meat and noodles ... might try that tommorow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)