The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
*panic*

Mum is at the movies, and we have none of that handy microwave meal stuff handy, and my brother and I need to have dinner :S omg, that means I have to cook! (even though my mum is an awesome cook, she has never had the patience to teach me, nor will she let me cook often because I'm not as good as she is...)

*panics and runs off to the kitchen*

EDIT: Problem solved! I found some pasta, and I've found some cheese. Macaroni and cheese for dinner tonight it is! :p

EDIT: The studio I'm working at for the next few weeks (10 min drive from uni) is holding Salsa classes 8:30-9:30, anyone interested?

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Salsa sounds fun but i'de feel unco lol are you teaching it glitter?

In other news.. i went to the gym today as planned.. felt so good to sweat properly again, i was checking people out today and *droool* no wonder i love going to the gym! ;) lol

45 mins on cross trainer
30 mins of resistance taining

HSC
N/A
Nope, however I will have been teaching the three hours beforehand :p

It's a pretty small, beginnerish class I think. And if there was a list of prerequisites, there would be a 'Pre-"Salsa Dance Class"- class' :p It's lots of fun, if you want to do it give yourself a go! You are the ONLY one holding yourself back :p

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
study: my newly found sig (and the Show your signature box is automatically ticked now) reminded me of my old fav song, so i sat here all day watching the MV and singing along to "if u see jordan'..... siiiiigh. so yeh, i ended up doing 1 tute question ... accg310 is hard!

fooding..
breakfast: 1 tub yoghurt
lunch:5 dimsims and veg
snack: lots of rice crackers
dinner:veg brothy soup thing, boiled eggs
after dinner: lots of cashews :( (was too lazy to heat water to make warm lemony water lol), 1 sunbeam box of fruit (i eat wayyy too much at a time)
during the day: 2 soothers smoothers, and i started a chupa chup but then threw it out

exercise: later

edit: im gonna now go make a 1/2 pb and jam sandwich cuz posting in that other thread made me wanna lol

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Ohhh NOooo :(

I just went to the kitchen to get a coffee... but to my surprise.. there was a box of mNm's (u know the fundraiser ones). I think I ate a quarter of it :s.... i told my dad off for buying them and i made him hide them from me lol

I also had a coconut drink! shit... thats like 40-50 carbs or something and the sugary kind! damnit, the trip to the gym was wasted lol... oh well i'll jump on the treadmill and go running for a bit

HSC
N/A
I had two servings of macaroni and cheese for dinner... lol. I really should do some exercise.

oh and Anne if you do the salsa class I'll do it with you! Try to being a guy if you can. Actually, that's a good idea. GUYS, COME TO THIS SALSA CLASS OR ELSE! :p

Assuming that my dinner has settled for now, I'm going to go off and dance for a bit - whoo, belly/brazilianish fusion!

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
clairegirl said:
yurrm lucky girl! i wish i could eat that stuff daily! but i buy my own veggies and meat.. i can't afford it :( i can barely afford the fish n chicken i buy weekly :'( i hate being a uni student!

i eat separately from my family coz they all eat shit, but only my bro n dad can afford to.. my mum on the other hand, these holidays im going to whip her into shape!
clairegirl, just a general question... how much does it cost to supply your own food a week? on average?

i need to start studying seriously... im thinking about working next week as well since i dont think ill be getting any work done...

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Orange Juice said:
clairegirl, just a general question... how much does it cost to supply your own food a week? on average?

Not as much as you'de think.

Chicken 12.00
Fish 6.99
Bok Choy/english spinach 8
Brown rice 2.99
Fruit- 5 bucks worth of fruit
Cucumber/lettuce/avocado/other veggies- 5 bucks

They are my must haves... thats 40 bucks a week, but i usually buy spray oil stuff and other lil things that i get after they run out, so it probably averages out to 45 bucks each week. If im on budget and im dying.. all i'll buy is the fish/chicken and bok choy/english spinach and make do with the food at home

I usually leech off my parents in terms of bread, eggs and other staple food items (since i got my mum to switch from white bread to rye/multigrain helgas) which is a help... eating healthy is pretty expensive but vegetables are DEAD cheap. I can have two bags full of vegies and it'll cost me 9 bucks or something, i buy shitloads of bok choy/english spinach each week.

Meat is the most expensive.. :( but i can't live without it

Edit: I buy more fruit and extra veggies than wat i would personally eat because my family will eat some of it too, which i actually encourage them to do! But if they touch my chicken or my fish and they deep fry them... watch me go off my head lol

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
you can last on 1 fish (im assuming its 1) and 1 chicken a week? i can eat that in a day!

what about tatoes? dont you eat them?
im glad my olds dont force me to pay for anything. i could afford it but im a tightass.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
clairegirl said:
Ohhh NOooo :(

I just went to the kitchen to get a coffee... but to my surprise.. there was a box of mNm's (u know the fundraiser ones). I think I ate a quarter of it :s.... i told my dad off for buying them and i made him hide them from me lol

I also had a coconut drink! shit... thats like 40-50 carbs or something and the sugary kind! damnit, the trip to the gym was wasted lol... oh well i'll jump on the treadmill and go running for a bit
lol i aaalllways do that!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Orange Juice said:
you can last on 1 fish (im assuming its 1) and 1 chicken a week? i can eat that in a day!

what about tatoes? dont you eat them?
im glad my olds dont force me to pay for anything. i could afford it but im a tightass.
lol... i have strips of chicken or fish in like nearly every meal.

I don't eat a WHOLE chicken.. i get chicken breasts ... coz they're the fastest to cook and the part of the chicken with the less fat, i get a kilo and a half worth and then i cut them into portions... and yeah they last me about a week, the same goes with fish! i get fish strips, usually the frozen ones... that are like 1kg... and you get like 10 strips or something...if you get them from aldi, its like 8 bbucks.. but if u buy them from woolies its like 10

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
whooo hoo.. i can run 15 minutes comfortablely now and not die at the end of it lol :D ... im still puffed out at the end of it but my lungs don't feel like they're on fire anymore! yippeee

note: just did 15 min run on treadmill coz felt guilty eaitng those MnM's (not like a 15 minute run would burn all of it off! gahh!) but feels good!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Ooooh today NOT happy jannnn! I can still feel all the chocolate swirling around my stomache and omg i have heart burn! hahaha

Breakfast: Eggs, bok choy n chicken

Lunch: was a blur of chocolate, steamed fish balls and chicken...

Dinner: not eating anything coz i feel sick

gahhh i had SOOOO much chocolate, i hate my dad... i told him to hide the MnM's lol (my absolutely favourite chocoalte) and he friggen put it in the cabinet, the first place i see it! lol he sucks! I tried to resist temptation i was running around the house bashing my lil cousin for trying to tempt me into eating mNm's :( ...we were both hurt in the process! She's only tweleve but she can soo beat me up :(

The funraiser box is nearly almost all gone lol

I have a test tommorow... arrggh should go and study!

HSC
N/A
Breakfast: Buttered banana bread (well, I always have it buttered but thought I'd mention it this time :)) and orange juice

Tute treat: Tim tam (gift from tutor, and as we all know I never say no to gifts of chocolate :D)

Lunch: Two rolls of tuna and avocado sushi (YUMMY!)

Afternoon tea: Premium Vanilla Jalna Yoghourt

Dinner: (pending) rice porridge and probably some kind of meat...

Study: *sigh*. Didn't look at BBA250 last night. Presentation is tomorrow... lol. Um, ok, I really should do something. *sighs again* I'll think about it.

Exercise: As yet, nothing. Planned... nothing there either. Oh dear. This isn't looking good.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
clairegirl said:
gahhh i had SOOOO much chocolate, i hate my dad... i told him to hide the MnM's lol (my absolutely favourite chocoalte) and he friggen put it in the cabinet, the first place i see it! lol he sucks! I tried to resist temptation i was running around the house bashing my lil cousin for trying to tempt me into eating mNm's :( ...we were both hurt in the process! She's only tweleve but she can soo beat me up :(
that sounds like my brother.. im like "hide the chocolate!" .. and he opens the pantry and goes "can i hide it here?".. and im like idiot lol and he says he'll hide it somewhere else.. then later i open the pantry and its there but on a higher shelf

anyhooz.. im happy with today
fooding:
breakfast: coffee , sultana bran

lunch: steamed chicken and veg (i found this dim sim steamer thingy my mum got and i know how to use it :D ... but i think i melted it cuz i microwaved it on high :s.. and the bottom half is like lopsided now lol ), and brown rice

snack: apple

dinner: noodle soup thingy i made (vermicelli in continental soup lol), with ham and veg in it. Being packaged as separate portions, when put together, it's maaaassive, and i have a tummy ache now cuz i didn't wanna waste food... gotta stop doing that lol, atm drinking half a can of non-fizzy pepsi max

study: did like one tute question again lol... was distracted by music again, but oh well... i can now play my favouritest song on the guitar :D

exercise: probably not cuz i have a test tomorrow... but i wanna

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
breakie, nutragrain
lunch, chicken schinitzel bagette
dins, chicken
im quite happy, however i have work tommorow

mserica

HSC
I just discovered Hershys... and OH Henry Bars... oh my i have fallen in love with chocolate all over again.

I have a mate going to the US and bringing me back as many as legally possible... (does anyone know if you can buy them in Aus)

on the bright side i have been doing sit ups and rowing and the bike, so i am tyring to get back in shape!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)