The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (3 Viewers)

*hopeful*

HSC
rockmelon wuz part of the dinner? :s

dinner-i had half a pack of 2 min noodles
dessert-big slice of custard tart
n i havin another tub of yougurt now n still havent finishd d macca's cookies

HSC
N/A
Breakfast: Chicken and potato

Lunch: More chicken and potato

Dinner: Penne Bolognese

Study: Drove to uni today (free day) and did research for ARTS210 hand-in assessment

Exercise: Taught for over 2 hours today, and did some ballet jumps at Susan's house :)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i was reading wellbeing magazine and it said that the bmi range for asians is a lot lower than for caucasians
so i looked it up to see how fat i am
http://www.halls.md/bmi/singapore.htm
:eek::eek::eek: i am fat!
21.0 as the cutoff for Overweight ( instead of 25 ) :eek:
ok so im not overweight yet, but geez im closer than i'd thought
ok definitely NO MORE junk food! (at least not as much)
reading that was depressing!

Edit: ok, well im not chinese, malay or indian living in singapore or indonesia ... but close enough! :(

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hey pb does that go for filos too ? :S:S

what nasho are you pb?

and whoa i thought asian ppl had heavier bones than caucasian pple, hence BMI u would have to increase?? I read that somewhere.... i'de find the source but im too lazy lol ... i might get it later and type in nationality bones weight in google later lol

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
today: I'm sick! :( well i have a sore throat and i had a looksie inside and its not very pretty, i started getting headaches and flu type symptoms but i think they've gone.. whenever i start getting sick, i force myself to take cordral n strepsils and then sleep it off, always seems to work coz im better now, my throat is still gross looking but oh well, hopefully it'll go away :s ...

Breakfast: Bok choy steamed chicken
Lunch: Multigrain bread, steamed chicken, alphalpha sprouts n tomato
Lunch2: same thing as above cept with cheese
Dinner1: chicken soup with asian greens + (edit) plus another sandwich
Dinner2: will have something to eat later on in the night as im staying up to study, the chicken soup was fantastical and no oil used in the process, and boiled chicken and veggies yurmm with this strange tasting sour-ish powder

Note: Shit i just had 3 full sandwiches today :s! Looks like i DO eat a lot more when i study :s and its not like i just ate coz of the sake of it, i got hungry .. which is really weird... does anyone know if using ur brain burns calories lol?

Edit: okay so i wasn't hungry when i ate that third sandwich :s ... i jumped on the scales this morning and err not pretty!

gain of 0.8kgs lol since last week! damnit! im hoping to reduce that soon, by eating extraordinarily well tommorow and today.. today didn't go as to plan..

Looks like a lot more soup for me tomz :)

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
asians have heavy bones? i thought we had the lightest ones? ok not sure about weight, but we definitely have smaller bones. I know that african american people have the heaviest bones which is why its easier for them to build. Its also why not many of them compete in swimming. Oh with the exception of Alicia Keys but shes mixed. Oh and shes pretty damn hot too.

*hopeful*

HSC
oh my

that bmi thing...so im not overweight... but same as u pb didnt realise my bmi wuz so whack

if i wuz 4 inches taller it drops heaps...daym being short!

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
yeh! if i were 4 inches taller, my weight would be like perfect lol

clairegirl said:
hey pb does that go for filos too ? :S:S

what nasho are you pb?
i have no idea if it does lol
im viet
and it probably goes for viets, cuz my brother and sister are skinny... and tall (for asians ... i think)
damn them!
im like jan from the brady bunch lol.. born in the middle and its like ... what happened to her haha

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
hmm
what do you ppl reckon about dried fruit?
thats like another binge trigger food for me lol
im like.. ill be good and eat fruit =D
then one box and im like... neeeed more
that and its majorly high in sugar and calories compared to normal fruit
and i heard all the nutrients are taken out
and i want my nutrients cuz i wanna be healthy lol
but its fruit! =/
im gonna go pour the rest of the dried fruit into the cereal boxes so that i do go picking at them lol

oh yeh! and i've found my chocolate craving killer =D. cheese then water then gum. In the end, its more calories than 1 pc of chocolate, but its healthier and like one pc of cheese doesn't make me want more lol

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
oh ide try to stay away from dried fruit, isn't it extremely high in sugar?

Also i don't think you should worry too much about BMI.. i just forgot that its not an accurate prediction of how health you are, because it only takes into consideration... weight and height.

So you could have two men, one being a bodybuilderish type lots of muscle and is extremely healthy at 100kgs and then you could have another 100kg man whose got a pot belly, doesn't excercise and doesnt look good.

So yeah don't be too worried about being on the top end of the healthy weight range because it doesn't take into consideration muyscle or anything :)

HSC
N/A
Asians have light bones and often have light bone structures too - not sure where the 'heavy' came from :p Might be an urban myth? (just think about all those skinny asians we have on the MQ campus!)

My day today has been so screwy. I haven't done any study, and had an hour of sleep before leaving the house at 5am and having a mrrish day of shopping (memo to self: if you see something in your size you love, BUY IT before someone else does, even if you don't have the money on you at the time). I came back around 1pm, and decided to have a nap... then I woke up again at 10:30pm!!!!!! My tummy feels so weird :S I don't know where I'm sick, or just really hungry... even though I've had "a good day's sleep" now, my eyes are still very sore which usually isn't a good sign...

Breakfast: Small serving of bacon and eggs with buttered toast, a hash brown and a small sausage

Snack: Tiny piece of italian chicken pizza (not some cheese-laden thing from Pizza Hut)

And yes folks... that's all... :S

I totally don't know what to do now. Should I try to study? Should I go back to sleep and give it another crack tomorrow morning?

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i dont have muscle, so i guess im just high fat lol
my hot pink dumbells aren't motivating anymore cuz they're just 2kg
i shall buy new weights =D

anyhooz... my summary for the day:
food
breakfast: bran cereal and apple
lunch:eggs and salad
snak: soup
dinner: fish and tunna salad
snack again later even though i wasn't hungry =/ : muesli, cheese, dried fruit, lots of nuts , 1 pc coconut candy (it started with the dried fruit! lol)

exercise: none. probably later

study: lol welll... i no longer get distracted by music, my guitar, msn or food ...but only cuz i found my keyboard lol. i wanna be a pianist/singer person like andrew mcmahon now. i don't wanna be a guitarist/singer person like michelle branch and tasha-ray evin no more lol.
edit: i just realised i always say shit in the study part lol. i just mean that i was distracted and did jack poop again

Last edited:

mserica

HSC
Still on detox...

so meals consist of grilled chicken, vegies, fruit and nut milk!

On the bright side i have lost 1.6 kgs this week.. see what taking chocolate out of a persons diet who consumes at least a block every two days!!

Its a great incentive to stay off the chocolate though im kinda over the nut milk I would good fatty full cream milk - a few more days to go!!!

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Oh... I c
the USYDs one is a spin off :p
lol eat fat/fail thread. Good one!

Haha dw, UTS isn't participating in this :eek:

mserica

HSC
nut milk = is milk made from raw nuts and it is used in detox to replace dairy milk.

To give you an understanding of how watery it is. Its one cup of nuts per 4 cups of water and blend

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
mserica said:
Still on detox...

so meals consist of grilled chicken, vegies, fruit and nut milk!

On the bright side i have lost 1.6 kgs this week.. see what taking chocolate out of a persons diet who consumes at least a block every two days!!

Its a great incentive to stay off the chocolate though im kinda over the nut milk I would good fatty full cream milk - a few more days to go!!!
woww! that sounds so good. what kinda detox are you on?

i've been good with the chocolate this week =D .. the worst i've had was a small bowl of icecream on like tuesday or something ... but i've been eating heaps to compensate :(

and im still not over the asian thing! lol ... argh!

*hopeful*

HSC
good goin mserica! maybe i should go detox ?........nahh i dont have the willpower

hmmm so yesty i had a funsize crunchie n bowl of ice cream n custard tart......

i cant wait for examz 2 b over cuz i am literally gonna exercise my ass off then

*hopeful*

HSC
pb stop stressin i bet ya ur totally skinny n small

yeh im guessin asians definately have small bones....for every 100 skinny asians i c at uni i c maybe 1 whoz either roundish or has curly hair :p

HSC
N/A
mserica said:
nut milk = is milk made from raw nuts and it is used in detox to replace dairy milk.

To give you an understanding of how watery it is. Its one cup of nuts per 4 cups of water and blend
ouch.... sure you weren't able to have skim milk? Nut milk sounds... watery :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)