The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Re: The MQ weightloss/marks gain Support Thread!

Ahh the man knows what he's talking about!

<3 salmon with pasta. The other goody is if you try fresh tuna, just flash fry it in butter or olive oil for a minute, and serve it on top of some salad <333

HSC
N/A

Kutay said:
redrum what you have stated her is incorrect. you burn more fat with your heart rate lower. eg for me (age 18) at like 131 beats per minute!!

you burn more fat from walking then running i know it sounds wierd but yeah...
Hmm I was actually taught the same as redrum. Theory behind this goes that the body will only start using the fat stores in the body if it has gone through most of the existing energy sources (glycogen et all). If you keep snacking towards the day and only walk, intake and out take of energy will remain roughly the same.

Ok let me rephrase myself. We all know that intake of energy < out take of energy = weight loss, right? Provided that you walk for long and hard enough, technically you WILL lose weight. However there are people like myself for which walking does almost nothing because the stamina level is higher than normal (ie, there is a prevalence of more white or red bone marrow/tissue/blood cells - can't remember exactly which-, which means that person is more "built" for EITHER walking or running). So in a total nutshell, this means that for people like me walking does total peanuts, whilst it may be the holy grail for others. This doesn't mean I can do marathons, mind you (I'm geared towards intense but relatively short bursts of energy repeated a number of times with breaks in between).

And speaking from pure personal experience, I've found that I will really only noticably burn body fat if my heart rate is pretty high. Low heart rate exercise is ok for maintenance, but if I wanted any sort of changes in my body I know I'd need to do a combination of moderate/high cardio and strength training.

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

oooh i like your thinking glitter :)

I've also read somewhere that you burn the most calories when you do nothing! lol ... let me elaborate on that a bit more though... You lose a set amount of calories or was it fat? when ur actually excercising but the most actual burning happens just after when ur heart rate goes back to normal

I'de find the link that explains this theory a lil better but i can't be bothered lol I think if you can run, RUN damnit lol or at least do a combination of both. It increases stamina n strength more than walking would, i believe and in the long run it does burn more calories due to all ur extra muscles that you'de gain from running. LOL i rarely run, i'm a walker when it comes to the treadmill but i walk at a high speed 6.5-7 at constant

Today:(just adding on dinner and other snacks)

Breakfast: steamed english spinach and steamed chicken
Snack: two poached eggs (i no longer eat the yellow bit)
Lunch: Ketoslim shake but I'm about to embark on more spinach while i watch oprah

Dinner: chicken soup and an apple

Excercise: Gym session... not much 20 mins treadmilling and 30 minutes stretching/resistance training. I'm going again tonight to do some more cardio though

Excercise2:went to the gym again tonight did 45 minutes on the cross trainer and 30 minutes of more resistance training :) Yay im soo motivated!

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

blimey, ive been making excuse after excuse not to exercise. i think ill stop making excuses and not exercise at all. ill feel less guilty this way.

HSC
N/A

*chuckles*

I've been forced to start exercising again because of work. Boo hoo.

Breakfast - ham and cheese sandwich

Lunch - probably more hamd and cheese sandwiches? (can't really remember)

Dinner - toasted ham and cheese sandwich (today was a sandwich day because we have BREAD OH SWEET BREAD)

Dinner 2 - some cauliflower in cream

Exercise - was going to do a flamenco class but neck screwed up really really badly. My right shoulder is hurting now too. This isn't looking too good :p

*hopeful*

HSC

i just realised that since this thread has started i've lost roughly 3 kgs....
i still eat junk but its more like 1 or 2 times a week rather than 24/7 and i do exercise (compared to doing nothing at all) so yeh :D

HSC
N/A

CONGRATULATIONS HOPEFUL! :D :D

Man, I still haven't lost anything :( I know why this is, but haven't been able to bring myself yet to exercise more, or even *think* about touching that treadmill :p heh heh heh

Today's story: I've totally lost track of what I've eaten today, I think it's two ham and cheese sandwiches and an egg tart (we're having Indian for dinner, whenever mum gets back...).

Best part: I've currently got a really screwed up neck and can't turn my head enough (without significant pain) to drive, so a friend of mine has done some shopping for me this morning and bought me a loaf of sliced bread.... wholemeal bread, from Baker's Delight! BREAD OH SWEET BREAD! (over the last 3 days, I've been counting and realised I'm chowing down about half a loaf per day) I love you Susan!!!!

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC

I've gained weight lol

oh yeh congrats hopeful. thats so good =D im jealous lol

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

ooooh hopeful! that is awsome!! congratulations! :D I rekon this thread needs to live on? what do u guys think?! :D

I checked the scale this morning and i lost 0.5kg in one day :s (not all fat but u know how paranoid i get) you know yesterday? when i ate all that spinach and ketoslim shake and stuff and did two gym sessions, with absolutely no carbs in my diet. I felt guilty coz i didn't want to lose that fast, the thought of loose skin and kidney problems in the future isn't a good look lol :s. So today I had alil more carbs and i actually had some oil today :)

Breakfast1: (okay so its more like dinner but i felt like cooking) I had honey soy marinated beef strips with bok choy cooked in virgin oil with a handful of peanuts layered with garlic mustard
Breakfast2: two weetbix, skim milk and sugar
Lunch: skinless chicken wrap from red rooster lol I had the girls over and omg we went through ALL my old diaries from when i was 14-17, i was soo crap and bitchy and well omg such a teenager lol it was funny how detailed i got from my first kiss to my first make out session and how horrible they were (we had a right old laugh about them LOL) and to my goals, lol OMG my goal in year 9 was to get into university into an IT degree, lol like wtf! Yeh right! thats oh so close to my degree now hahaha

Dinner: cup of white rice, 1 and a half fried sausage and fried fish with bok choy and this sauce stuff

Excercise: 45 minutes cross training and 20 minutes resistance and strength training :)

Lol too much oil! and i shouldn't have had the rice at night, it should have been breakfast or lunch lol

Tommorow shall be an extra goood day :)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC

wow 4.5 to go. go anne!

lol that was my goal in year 9 too ... up til year 12 when i really really wanted to get into ebusiness haha.

and yes, i think this thread should go on =D

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

lol yeah but thats only to get into my healthy weight range lol so i am no longer considered "overweight" by chart standards.

My real goal weight now is to be 60kgs and thats 12.5kgs away lol

For my height, 54-68kgs is considered to be my healthy weight range lol such a large range to choose from! :d

*hopeful*

HSC

thanx sexc pplz....but im eating way too much carbs now as well

i cant stand wholemeal bread so im having multigrain rather than white, but i luv it 2 much,i had 4 pieces in 1 go last time :eek:

so neways i havent exercised in a week but im not bumming around at home either so i guess thats got 2 be kinda good ?

i dont look any diff....i dunno maybe its water loss or something that u guys are always talking bout :confused:

n yes this thread should go on 4 sure!

Supra

secksy beast
HSC

*hopeful* said:
thanx sexc pplz....but im eating way too much carbs now as well

i cant stand wholemeal bread so im having multigrain rather than white, but i luv it 2 much,i had 4 pieces in 1 go last time :eek:

so neways i havent exercised in a week but im not bumming around at home either so i guess thats got 2 be kinda good ?

i dont look any diff....i dunno maybe its water loss or something that u guys are always talking bout :confused:

n yes this thread should go on 4 sure!
I like wholemeal bread...and i prefer reduced fat milk. I guess you get used to the change.

I need to renew my gym membership. Even though mq gym is kinda crap, its good enough for what I want to achieve.

I guess you dont really notice if you look different coz u see yourself everyday, but people who dont see you often might notice the difference.

*hopeful*

HSC

yeah thats always the case, with weight loss and gain..... i think i can tell with how my clothes fit/look though

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hey hopeful yeah definately...being able to see it in ur clothes means ur losing definately :D ....

i've noticed that most people that you see everyday, don't really notice until it gets to the 10kg mark, whereas people that don't see you everyday tend to notice even after a few kilos :)

Yesterday

Breakfast: Steamed chicken and bok choy
Lunch: Ketoslim shake
Snack: apple
Snack2: apple
Dinner: steamed chicken and bok choy

Dum da da lol

DINNER2: went to pancakes lol and shared a devils delight, chicken and bacon gourmet pizza and potato wedges with sour cream and chilli sauce. Also tried my friend's BLT gourmet eggplant pizza ............ SOOOOO FUULLLL! :( to the point it hurt :( lol and it wasn't even that good! Pancakes is overrated!

Today:

Breakfast: Ketoslim shake
Snack: coffee with full cream milk, but didn't drink all of it
Lunch: steamed bok choy with steamed chicken
Snack2: Ooooh :( ... im at my cousin's house now and i had two pieces of cheese, my lil cousin is making cake so i've been dabbling in all the chocolate icing and i also had a crusket and once i had chocolate i needed more so i had 4 spoonfuls of milo, straight from the jar lol oh and tea without sugar or milk

Excercise: going to the gym soon lol i'll go for as long as i can!
Dinner: Strawberry ketoslim shake

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
i went to the gym...

did 60 min cardio and about 15 minutes of resistance training. :) Tommorow shall be the same.

Anne

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i had milo straight from the jar today! after pizza and garlic bread! =/
cuz after the pizza i was like uh oh... and then yeh =/ i always eat more when i feel guilty
and i kept going to the kitchen today cuz i was bored and wanted more bananas lol
cuz bananas are yummy! and i wanted to make a big fruit salad but all we had were bananas and so i had a fruit salad with just bananas drenched in lemon juice yuummmm.....
oh how i love fruit and chocolate and all things sweet
i shall work like 2% of it off later
my brother wants me to do muay thai with him. he goes.. u need a sport or activity or something.. and i agree lol

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
well i just weighed myself and realised that i haven't gained any weight since like march
but that sooo can't be right cuz i know i've been overeating and i can see the difference!
lol i actually wanted to see the scale go higher... its frustrating not knowing how many kg i gotta lose! lol (since in march i was less fat and weighed the same)
i may need to buy a new scale lol

anyway, off to the treadmill to jog for 30mins before waking up early to do whatever form of cardio for an hour (hopefully)

Edit (cuz i didn't wanna make 3 posts in a row):
i have dr phil's voice with his texan accent repeating "you have to get real about your weight" in my head. I don't know why. it was a while ago since i saw that weight episode of dr phil. dammit its annoying! "... cuz ultimately when it comes down to it.. " i dont even know if he's ever said that but its just stuck in my head! =|

Last edited:

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
no it tastes good! lol.. nice and sweet
i had that again just now yumm

today i did an hour of cardio + around 20 mins of weights
that sounds normal for you ppl but that was the most i've done at a time probably ever! lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)